• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

UberTag

NXT's a good show - much better than Raw at any rate.
The reason it's better is because Vince ignores it and thus can't fuck it up.
Also, no Cena in matches and no Lawler doing color commentary.
These are all infinitely better things.

might as well call it e3 2008
cause this event is gonna be all about the casuals
WrestleMania 29 will be the wrestling equivalent of an E3 where the most hardcore of Xbox and PS3 enthusiasts paid to attend only to get a 4-hour demonstration of Ubisoft Babiez and Cooking Mama.

strobogo

Banned
They're completely different from Nexus and Aces and Eight's, and this is the reason they're not ever going back to NXT, because WWE are firmly behind all three guys in the stable.

They're totally like A8 in that they've being doing random sneak attacks from the crowd all dressed alike for 3 months with very little actual story advancement and one match. The longer it goes on without them doing anything but beating up guys, the more it becomes like A8.

And if you recall, Nexus started out taking out John Cena. It didn't really end well for them. They need to be in matches and not doing NWO promos. Those don't even make sense. It made sense for the NWO because they were supposed to be invaders that didn't work for WCW, so they had to pay for their own promo time with their own crew. Shield are acknowledged WWE employees. They aren't invaders and they aren't trying to take over. Why aren't they in matches or doing promos?

thefro

*attacks CM Punk's opponent*

"Punk you cheater, you're working with the Shield!"

"No I'm not!"

*attacks CM Punk's opponent*

"Punk you cheater, you're working with the Shield! And we have proof!"

"ok I was"

real exciting

If I were in charge, after the Lesnar/Punk/Shield/Heyman stable runs its course, I'd play the "rest of the tape" showing that Punk was unaware Heyman was hiring the Shield. You need Punk still as a heel for at least the next few months though.

KissVibes

Banned
The Intercontinental Cup sounds like a great idea. I love the thought that WWE is trying to give more meaning to both the Intercontinental and United States titles. It would be nice if they actually had a progression to them, instead of throwing one dude at title X for a PPV then moving him to Y for the next. I'd also like the World Heavyweight to have a weight requirement one day but that's if the IC can become important and desirable again.

Ugh, fuck me

WHY.

WHY IS THIS A THING THAT IS POTENTIALLY HAPPENING?

If I were in charge, after the Lesnar/Punk/Shield/Heyman stable runs its course, I'd play the "rest of the tape" showing that Punk was unaware Heyman was hiring the Shield.

They could still do this right now - Punk hasn't admitted to shit and he wasn't seen after the tape airing but I'd rather see what Punk could do as the leader of a dominant stable. He was great with SES and New Nexus but the lackeys weren't ever a threat, but a Bork/Punk power dynamic could be amazing

I need a gif of McIntyre.

iSrXvHHyHXbX1.gif

jmdajr

HHH's gym buddy is a good worker. People just hate him as a face.
I mean working with him was probably Big Show's best work in a looong time.

jmdajr

why did you guys start posting Trish stratus pics a few pages ago? that was kind of out of no where.

She's going into the WWE HALL of FAME.

I was thinking the other day how my mom would never have approved of me watching attitude era wrestling. Luckily my first exposure to it was PG era Hogan stuff.
There was no Sunny even.

Laserfrog

She's not in the Laserfrog HoF, I've got a proper hallway and everything, not like that WWE HoF. Where's their hall? Yeah that's right, they don't have one. Metaphorical hall? Yeah right, more like sham hall.

jmdajr

She's not in the Laserfrog HoF, I've got a proper hallway and everything, not like that WWE HoF. Where's their hall? Yeah that's right, they don't have one. Metaphorical hall? Yeah right, more like sham hall.

I'd like to see pics sometime. Wide angle lens please, I want to see it all.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
you muthafuckers didn't believe me
because you also said:

I've broken my silence here just to let you know

Cena isn't winning the Rumble

Ziggler is...sorta. It's 2 plans:

#1. Ziggs wins the Rumble ala HBK. Ziggs /Del Rio for the WHC at Mania using the Royal Rumble shot. Ziggs loses, attacks Del Rio with the case after the match then cashes in and wins.

plan 2 is Ziggs to cash in on the WHC match winner as soon as the match is over cementing his Stealing The Show gimmick. He already stole the girlfriend.

Laserfrog

I'd like to see pics sometime. Wide angle lens please, I want to see it all.

Pics? What if I just describe it to you? The visual imagery in your mind will be ten times more lucid than a boring old photo. I don't have a wide angled lens, I just got a normal lens.

Ithil

They're totally like A8 in that they've being doing random sneak attacks from the crowd all dressed alike for 3 months with very little actual story advancement and one match. The longer it goes on without them doing anything but beating up guys, the more it becomes like A8.

And if you recall, Nexus started out taking out John Cena. It didn't really end well for them. They need to be in matches and not doing NWO promos. Those don't even make sense. It made sense for the NWO because they were supposed to be invaders that didn't work for WCW, so they had to pay for their own promo time with their own crew. Shield are acknowledged WWE employees. They aren't invaders and they aren't trying to take over. Why aren't they in matches or doing promos?

I don't mean in terms of story, I mean that TNA doesn't give a crap about any of the guys in A8, they're all jobbers. They might be stalling on the Shield, but I don't think they will end up burying them, like Nexus were and how A8 regularly are beaten up by one or two faces (like Sting returning and doing the old nWo jobbers run at him one after the other to be floored by single punches deal), simply because they want to make future stars of all three Shield members.

WWE are incapable of doing multiple stories right now, though, so most stories other than the adventures of John Cena get 1-2 bits of development then just get repeated over and over til they remember to end it.

jmdajr

because you also said:

Well he was right about Brock attacking Vince, but some said HHH might call Undertaker for his assistance, as opposed to fighting Brock himself. Trips did say the dead man was coming back at the Slammy's.
This way they can keep Trips tied to the Undertaker. It's about the game and how you play it.

Ithil

Well he was right about Brock attacking Vince, but some said HHH might call Undertaker for his assistance, as opposed to fighting Brock himself. Trips did say the dead man was coming back at the Slammy's.
This way they can keep Trips tied to the Undertaker. It's about the game and how you play it.

Please god let it be Taker/Brock, and have Punk in the WWE title match. It's the only way to save WM's main events with the looming Rematchamania we're looking at.

I would be shocked SHOCKED if HHH is in a match with Lesnar at WrestleMania. I'm going all in on the Undataka vs. Brock Lesnar in the place Mark Sanchez built.

jmdajr

Please god let it be Taker/Brock, and have Punk in the WWE title match. It's the only way to save WM's main events with the looming Rematchamania we're looking at.

At this point Punk/taker makes no sense, especially with his EC rematch. It would mean between EC and Mania he would have to come up with something to have beef with Taker.

On the other hand you have Trips who is mad at Bork Laser for killing pops and knows he can't do it himself therefore calling his buddy Mean mark.

Now back to Cena. Cena says he doesn't know how he can beat Punk or Rock. So imagine breaking those odds! Rock doesn't have to job and Punk gets his main event.

So yeah, how much gas does Taker have left? He's 47.
I say he calls quits at 50 so Brock and Cena are about all he has left.

Bowser

At this point Punk/taker makes no sense, especially with his EC rematch. It would mean between EC and Mania he would have to come up with something to have beef with Taker.

On the other hand you have Trips who is mad at Bork Laser for killing pops, and know he can't do it himself and calls his buddy Mean mark.

Now back to Cena. Cena says he doesn't know how he can beat Punk or Rock. So imagine breaking those odds! Rock doesn't have to job and Punk gets his main event.

I think Lesnar/Taker and Rock/Cena/Punk make infinitely more sense at WM, but it's not like the time between EC and Mania isn't enough for WWE to come up with some contrived reason for Punk to challenge Taker. There will be 7 RAWs between EC and Mania - plenty of time to build something.

KissVibes

Banned
I would be shocked SHOCKED if HHH is in a match with Lesnar at WrestleMania. I'm going all in on the Undataka vs. Brock Lesnar in the place Mark Sanchez built.

So you think Triple H vs Brock Lesnar will be on Main Event, then?

Joking aside, I'm thinking Sweet Ass Stephanie™ steps in and goes over Triple H's authority and calls upon The Dead Man to make Brock suffer as he's made her husband and now her father suffer. I'd also like to see Sugar Shane take an F5 to make it mega personal, but he's a serious business man now, probably doesn't want to be involved with WWE ever again.

Side Note:
I would let Michael Hayes ravage my anus every day for a month and call me Bo Dallas to spend 24 hours with Stephanie McMahon and having sexual intercourse with her for 23 of them. The other hour would be used to eat to keep my energy high.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby

It's in the break room if the TGI Fridays that took over WWF Times Square.

Anth0ny

Confirmed matches:

Rock/Cena
HHH/Lesnar
Taker/Someone
WHC match not involving Ziggler, he'll probably try to cash in the briefcase and get bro kicked
Divas piss break
Comedy match that gets a bunch of guys a Wrestlemania payday

what am I missing

Striker

Also we know who the shield are and care for them some what. Aces and 8's is a buch on wwe jobbers and Devon
When they become singles competitors, they can still make them out to be Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne 2.0 for all we know. I do like the potential in Ambrose and Rollins, but they have been prone to screwing up a lot.

Wrestling Confession: I couldn't take a Brock vs Undertaker match seriously. I would see Punk as a more believable threat to Bork than that old fuck. I feel the same way about Triple H.

When they become singles competitors, they can still make them out to be Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne 2.0 for all we know. I do like the potential in Ambrose and Rollins, but they have been prone to screwing up a lot.

WWE seems to be trying to do something with the shield. yesterday was big beacsue they went over 3 big players and were in cahoots with heyman. i think a 3v3 EC match would be another great showcase for their group tactics. that is what is most imprseeve is that they always attack together,its refesing. i think WWE (hopefully) sees they guys as the next big thing

A&8 come out get jobbed to sting then someone brings the hammer of dawn out. they dont even need mask anymore since they won their match at bound for glory which allows them to be in the impact zone.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'd love to see a Brawl For All style shoot Battle Royale, over the top stip.

Hey Bootaaay! Did anyone in Japan do that when there was all that MMA mess that was en vogue?

I'd love to see a Brawl For All style shoot Battle Royale, over the top stip.

Hey Bootaaay! Did anyone in Japan do that when there was all that MMA mess that was en vogue?

The Futen promotion had a few battle royales in the past, but they weren't over the top rules, just pinfall, submission & KO and only featured 10 guys, if I remember correctly.

McNei1y said:
Someone post a funny reaction gif for me.

ibjNgONxj72V0x.gif

Kaladin

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/JohnnyDA/17f3bd78.gif[/QUOTE]

[quote="Mr. Enigma, post: 47045702"][IMG]http://i.minus.com/iQ5zZfUkzmVno.gif[/QUOTE]

[quote="CrunchinJelly, post: 47045826"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/suGhiNW.gif[/QUOTE]

[quote="slightconfuse, post: 47045943"][IMG]http://boards.420chan.org/wooo/src/1359435698148.gif[/QUOTE]

[quote="Laserfrog, post: 47046089"][IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/traaaaain35tuiz.gif[/QUOTE]

[quote="McNei1y, post: 47046127"]Someone post a funny reaction gif for me.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://s7.postimage.org/63bc4ojbd/hatersgonnahate.gif

jmdajr

So looking at all the wrestlers that are mid card and up..

only the Shield has dudes under the age of 30.

edit: well cody is still young.

Striker

So looking at all the wrestlers that are mid card and up..

only the Shield has dudes under the age of 30.
Cody Rhodes is still young, but the one age that surprised me the most is Sheamus.

Orton too considering he came in so long ago. If he didn't have those attitude/drug problems he would be locked in a spot for the next ten years.

Top Bottom