• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

strobogo

Banned
Watching Raw (sped up), I haven't really noticed how fucking big Randy Orton is lately. Claudio is a big dude, and Randy was noticeably taller and thicker. He looks like he's put on some muscle lately.

Fuck that crowd for not reacting to Mr. Bob Backlund. Bob Backlund was, is, and will forever be awesome. OOOhhhooohhhOOOOOOHHHHhhhoohhhooohhoooohhhoohhHHHHHOhhh. We need more guys making weird noises like that the whole match.

I just realised the "Brad Mad Ox and his camera man attacked at the Smackdown tapings" thing was alluding to the future Heyman angle on Raw. Long term booking :bow

Omega

Banned
They're completely different from Nexus and Aces and Eight's, and this is the reason they're not ever going back to NXT, because WWE are firmly behind all three guys in the stable.

It's not like Nexus where they were behind Wade Barrett, maybe a bit behind Otunga (and Vince thought Skip Sheffield could be a star down the road), and the rest were jobbers, or Aces and Eights where every one of them is a jobber.

The folks upstairs (and downstairs, listen to the likes of Regal or Punk) are all behind Ambrose, Reigns and Rollins and think they'll be big stars, which is pretty damn rare for a stable. I think that's the first time that's happened in WWE since Evolution. it shows, too, they've been beaten back, what, twice? Just last night they laid out the three most pushed faces in the WWE at once, it's fun to see heels booked so strongly.

That said, it's definitely time to move onto phase two of the Shield. Just change up the routine, the backstage handheld promos and random attacks were phase one, now give them (by them I mean Ambrose) live mic time and more regular matches.

Phase two is being fed to Cena. Seriously, how could you be so naive to not see this?

Shield is dead. Their careers ended the moment they attacked Cena.

Really good article by the masked man. It really is déjà vu

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8894558/vince-mcmahon-once-again-remaking-wwe-just-way-likes-it

I feel a lot of us(me included) woke up to this the other day.

Load of shit. Whiney smarks are the worst thing.You don't get to bitch about a company putting it's biggest potential matches on at their biggest show. WM isn't about gambles and getting people over; it literally supports the company and keeps them healthy pretty much for the year.

"What Vince — what the WWE — effectively did with that video was to expunge everything that happened in the latter half of Punk's reign, at least since Maddox helped him win at Hell in a Cell. I mean, sure, it happened, but if it happened so dishonestly, does it really count?"

Give me a fucking break
What does it all mean?

It means Maddox is the future of WWE. Hopefully.

I was really excited about the $5 wrestling ppv big then I realized I have a date with a girl I met last week. I was legit bummed after seeing the Freight Train promo. Maybe I can watch on my phone on the date.

If she was cool she'd want to watch $5 wrestling.

Couple good IPPV this weekend.

ippv_5_1859.jpg

Available at www.5dollarwrestling.com

Cliff Compton v. Big Donnie
Freight Train will be in the building!

ippv_d1w_202.jpg

Available at www.highspots.tv

According to the website you have to buy a 1 day pass to high spots for $5 to watch this event.

MAIN EVENT - D1W Heavyweight Title Match:
"Hood Ninja" Hy Zaya defends vs. "Super" Simon Sezz

"The Playmaker" Mitch Johnson w/The Rick vs. The Necro Butcher

Jake Crist vs. "The Bronzed God" Lennox Norris

"Anti Hero" Daniel Quinn & Matt Atreya vs. Kyle Maverick & Sabastan Eros

Mad Man Pondo vs. the $5 Wrestling Heavyweight Champion, Freight Train.

Diablo vs. Dave Crist

Crazy Mary Dobson vs. Kimber Lee

"The Imperfection" Kriptic Keegan vs. Evan McCloud

Infinity Pro Duos Championship Match:
Nate Stone and Jonathan Crane defend vs. Donnie Tsunami and Bret Havoc

GWAR's Oderus Urungus & Corey Cagerick vs. Nekkrois & Finris The Gimp

Making his D1W debut will be "Callihan Death Machine" SAMI CALLIHAN!!

Plus all your favorite D1W superstars and a few surprises!

header.jpg

Available at www.smvod.com for $10 for one show or $15 for both.

On 2.2.13 Let's Celebrate the Sport we All Love!

Afternoon Card - 1:00 PM Evening Card - 7:00 PM

Afternoon Matches - 1:00 PM

Wrestling is Art presents:
Mike Quackbush vs. Colt Cabana

PWInsider presents:
Rey de Voladores
2 Cold Scorpio vs. Jo Jo Bravo vs. Oliver Grimsley vs. Shane Hollister
Bolt Brady vs. Surfer Mitch vs. ACH vs. Lukas Sharp

Ring of Honor presents:
The Briscoe Brothers (Jay & Mark Briscoe) vs. Steve Corino & Jimmy Jacobs

Wrestling is Fun presents:
Juan Francisco de Coronado vs. Saturyne

Beyond Wrestling presents:
Sugar Dunkerton & Aaron Epic vs. Eric Corvis & Chris Dickinson

CWF Mid-Atlantic presents:
Arik Royal & Chiva Kid vs. Ric Converse & Trevor Lee

Kaiju Big Battel presents:
Neo Teppen & American Beetle vs. Cube's Super Minions

Wrestling is Respect presents:
Drew Gulak vs. Francis O'Rourke

Absolute Intense Wrestling presents:
Ethan Page with Seleziya Sparx vs. Josh Alexander

Evening Matches - 7:00 PM

CHIKARA presents:
Los Ice Crerams vs. FIST vs. The Colony vs. 3.0

Evolve presents:
AR Fox vs. Shane Strickland

Wrestling Is Heart presents:
Mat Russo & Heidi Lovelace vs. Reed Bentley & Tripp Cassidy

New York Wrestling Connenctio presents:
Apollyon & Tony Nese vs. Alex Reynolds & John Silver

Women Superstars Uncensored presents:
Marti Belle vs. Ezavel

Wrestling Is Awesome! presents:
Devastation Corporation vs. Proud Oak & Thunderfrog

International Wrestling Cartel presents:
John McChesney vs. Logan Shulo

Fighting Spirit Wrestling presents:
Wil & Joel Maximo vs. Angel Ortiz & Mike Draztik

Resistance Pro Wrestling presents:
??? vs. ???

PWInsider.com presents:
Tornamanent Final: Rey De Voladores
to be announced

Toki767

You mean Wrestlemania?

No...last year on the Raw after the Rumble, HHH was about to fire John Laurinaitis but the Undertaker returned. This year Vince was about to fire Paul Heyman but Brock returned. Next year when they reuse the same storyline I hope Austin at least comes back.

somedevil

Phase two is being fed to Cena. Seriously, how could you be so naive to not see this?

Shield is dead. Their careers ended the moment they attacked Cena.

I'm not a fan of Cena but come on you call him naive but you sound paranoid. There careers are fine. They are not nexus. The WWE actually likes them and they are not green.

Kyoufu

No...last year on the Raw after the Rumble, HHH was about to fire John Laurinaitis but the Undertaker returned. This year Vince was about to fire Paul Heyman but Brock returned. Next year when they reuse the same storyline I hope Austin at least comes back.

Ahhh right. Thought you meant Brock's return on the Raw after WM28.

Would be a great time for Austin to come back. I don't think I want another year long build to a WM main event.

Kaladin

I want to be interested in National Pro Wrestling Day, but all of these companies are presenting mid card at best matches....at least the companies I know of are. There are a few matches that look good but nothing really stands out as must see. I know it's a platform to introduce fans to all of these promotions, but they aren't really putting their best feet forward to do that.

strobogo

Banned
Jesus fuck, the Shield give me motion sickness. The camera work for them is downright obnoxious. And it is getting WORSE each time they show up. Instructions for camera men when Shield are out: "Pretend the zoom button is a clit!".

My greatest wish for a Punk/Austin feud is that they're allowed to collaborate with each other on what their promos will be like. No interference from Vince and Creative™ at all.

...come to think of it, that's my only real request for it.

I want to be interested in National Pro Wrestling Day, but all of these companies are presenting mid card at best matches....at least the companies I know of are. There are a few matches that look good but nothing really stands out as must see. I know it's a platform to introduce fans to all of these promotions, but they aren't really putting their best feet forward to do that.

Briscoes vs SCUM, AR Fox vs Strickland and Quack vs Colt could be good, but they're both matches their promotions have put on a bunch of times. Only other match I'm that interested in is Ethan Page vs Josh Alexander, a match that has happened a fair few times in AIW. If you aren't familiar with Alexander, check him out, I predict big things for him this year if more US promotions start to take notice;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxwy9WTQx1M

I'm probably going to skip the NPWD iPPVs - it's a nice idea, but would probably have worked better with a few less promotions and a few bigger names, especially as they're looking to make their money on iPPV sales alone. Also, not including CZW because they didn't want to be associated with deathmatch wrestling is a bit rich when there's a bunch of CZW regulars on the roster who don't work deathmatchs.

That's understandable, it would have been nice if some bigger name talent were on the either card. I am going to get it because I want to see to the guy's who got picked by their promotion. They have to have something to be featured, plus ever guy is going to try and steal the show. I'm excepting a lot of surprises and some awesome matches.

Raw rating was a 3.7

Huge audience for a dreadful episode! Though I guess anybody who saw the awesome Heyman and Punk stuff would maybe come back...possibly.

Am i the only one who couldn't stop second guessing Lesnars choice in shoes. They were horrific bright yellow shoes.

Nah, I thought they were pretty bad too. They looked like they had some kind of green tint, which is just weird. But he can dress however he wants, he still gets paid.

strobogo

Banned
I think Show vs ADR is the best feud in WWE by far right now. It's the first 100% heel vs 100% face in years. Not some bullshit where the face is actually a huge shithead who actually does more heel things and the crowd cheers for the heel more. An honest to goodness face vs heel feud.

I would say since maybe Orton vs HHH, but the crowd was definitely supporting Orton more in that feud. Maybe HBK vs Jericho?

I think Show vs ADR is the best feud in WWE by far right now. It's the first 100% heel vs 100% face in years. Not some bullshit where the face is actually a huge shithead who actually does more heel things and the crowd cheers for the heel more. An honest to goodness face vs heel feud.

I would say since maybe Orton vs HHH, but the crowd was definitely supporting Orton more in that feud. Maybe HBK vs Jericho?

Yep Del Rio got his ass kicked and he didn't do some sort of dumb super comeback. He also wasn't an asshole to Vickie backstage. Del Rio is doing everything right as a face including the fan interaction and the non smirking

People still don't really care much about Del Rio so much as they like Ricardo. I think they're booking him well now though. It's simple but effective. I think Big Show deserves a lot of credit because he really is fantastic at knowing how to get people to really hate him.

Del Rio is playing his part though. They really rescused this shitty face turn.

Watched Dusty & Dreamer vs Corino & Victory from an ECW TV taping in 2000 - I never understood why whenever Sandman came down to help out the faces, he'd STILL take an age getting down to the ring. Takes him a good minute or two to finally get in, and all the while Corino has Dusty trapped in the figure 4, lol.

ibjZNX29YECUqT.gif

Covfan

Part of me was expecting Vince to have been the one to "hire Brock Lesnar" back to sort out the issues Heyman has caused, starting with Heyman. That ending would have been a lot more shocking.

Kyoufu

Just watched the Punk/Rock/Heyman/Vince/Brock segments.

Good stuff.

But what's the point having a part-timer bury your full time worker? It makes no sense. What will you do when Rock leaves after WM?

Didn't think of that huh?

Good stuff.

But what's the point having a part-timer bury your full time worker? It makes no sense. What will you do when Rock leaves after WM?

Sure they did. Cena will be champ and will finally get the rub he needs to be an established top star.

Good stuff.

He's gonna put over Cena! It's the rub Rock was born to give, baby!

Omega

Banned
I'm not a fan of Cena but come on you call him naive but you sound paranoid. There careers are fine. They are not nexus. The WWE actually likes them and they are not green.

Maybe I am paranoid but I have no reason to expect anything else.

I don't care if WWE likes them. They may like them now, but next week they'll think they're worse than Aces & 8's. WWE also liked Wade barrett but dude is as irrelevant as humanly possible and is being used to put over bo fucking dallas.

UberTag

It's funny to see people commenting in this thread today as if Cena, Cole, Lawler and Vince are going anywhere in the next 15 years. How amusing!

number47

what are the chances heyman was set up by maddox and hes the leader of the shield.
but how would brock fit in.unless brock is the leader with maddox and the shield and hes squeezing heyman out.

ACW gave them ACH and Bolt Brady, which was a legit MOTY contender when they did it in Dec.

Bolt_v_ACH.jpg

But then they had to add two other guys from other promotions to the mix, which I don't understand at all. ACW also gave them JoJo Bravo, who they put in a match with 2 Cold Scorpio (awesome!) but then added two other guys (?) to that mix too.

Now maybe these guys I've never heard of are going to be able to hang with ACH, Bolt, JoJo, and 2CS, but to me it just looks like overbooking because you've got too many guys and too few matches to put them in, which is one of the worst booking sins you see on indy shows.

UberTag

There is a very good chance Vince will be 6 feet under in 15 years
Promises, promises. He'll find a way to cryogenically freeze himself so he can book angles from beyond the grave.

Just like Al Davis managed to do for the Raiders over his final 15 years.

I hope Cole never leaves.
Hopefully we find the secret to immortality before he dies.
You say that as if he's an old man defying the aging process instead of just 44.
Ask Jimmy Hart about the secret to immortality.

Top Bottom