• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

UberTag

Guys stop posting Bo's mug it's making the page unreadable!
I think all of the troll posters should adopt Bo Dallas avatars.
(See, I'm not above giving suggestions.)

This ship has become too big to guide. The inmates run the asylum. I think I'll just sit back and watch you all consume yourselves.
I approve of this plan. Just make a point of not watching WWE programming while you do it.

This ship has become too big to guide. The inmates run the asylum. I think I'll just sit back and watch you all consume yourselves.

Can you come back for Cena winning the title at Mania your meltdown after the rumble was great. You should be immune by now but the Cena factor gets everyone

UberTag

Can you come back for Cena winning the title at Mania your meltdown after the rumble was great. You should be immune by now but the Cena factor gets everyone
I hope WWE.com posts a countdown on Cena's Superstar page counting down the # of days until he beats CM Punk's record championship reign.

The Jimmies can book mark it.

They can even launch a Cena Countdown app. And have Cole talk about it ALL THE TIME!

Give him a mask or something. I don't think I can handle that face on TV every week.
Also why is Bo Dallas getting his chance when Zack Ryder is way more over?
PRETEND ANSWER: Zack Ryder is an ungrateful whiner.
FACTUAL ANSWER: Zack Ryder isn't the son of Irwin R. Schyster.

Kaladin

I just realized I made my first post in the August 2011 Wrasslin thread.....it was so good back then compared to now.

Also, please ignore the thread that was just necro bumped. I had too many tabs open and forgot where I was typing.

I'm not leaving, bro, I just can't be bothered to get my hands dirty trying to fix some of you guys anymore. It's an unwinnable fight at the rate WrassleGAF spawns criminal scum.

And Cena rage beats any emotional defense. I try and try, but his stupid face....

Didn't he mention something about Bryan becoming a joke character to stay popular? That's the only thing that comes to mind in regards to breaking kayfabe. In general I think Punk does a great job sounding like he's shooting while talking about things established on TV. Even his famous promo did that; pretty much everything he said, people would understand without being smarks.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Didn't he mention something about Bryan becoming a joke character to stay popular? That's the only thing that comes to mind in regards to breaking kayfabe. In general I think Punk does a great job sounding like he's shooting while talking about things established on TV. Even his famous promo did that; pretty much everything he said, people would understand without being smarks.
That and the Clay thing. Talking about how Clay doesn't really like dancing around with people. It struck me as being very similar to Cena killing ADR's gimmick, but whatever.

UberTag

So dirtsheets are saying Rock wont be at RAW next week. lol

#parttimechamp
I'm sure he'll be there via Satellite.
He'll cut a promo or two running down The Shield and CM Punk ... call them a snack food-slur... get a cheap pop by singing a song about Atlanta... you know, the usual.

Omega

Banned
I'm sure he'll be there via Satellite.
He'll cut a promo or two running down The Shield and CM Punk ... call them a snack food-slur... get a cheap pop by singing a song about Atlanta... you know, the usual.

you forgot at least 2 mentions of Punks man area and 3 mentions of twinkie tits

That and the Clay thing. Talking about how Clay doesn't really like dancing around with people. It struck me as being very similar to Cena killing ADR's gimmick, but whatever.

Context is very important, so is listening.

For the entire minute beforehand he was talking about popularity being the most important thing in how a wrestler is treated as well as the opportunities they are given. If he buys into this worldview then he can apply it when looking at other people and trying to divine their motivations.

Saying "Brodus Clay doesn't like dancing with people" isn't character killing, it's character defining. It defines Punk as his character feels the system is broken and that anyone who appears to be benefiting from it are just using it - just like he was. It further defines Brodus as it gives him the freedom to say "Punk doesn't speak for me" making both him look good and Punk like a condescending fucking asshole, which is exactly what they did.

If I could compare it to anything it's a serious take on the Chris Jericho "conspiracy victim" character. He's being defeated by his own foolish arrogance but rather than admitting to any weakness his character is blaming perceived faults in the system.

Punk's promos aren't good because they're perceived to be inside baseball, it's because he applies nuance and motivation to his words.

jmdajr

At least when NetWrecker is tired of the product he leaves. I dont know why he is back. I guess he likes to see a train wreck.

To me its just a show. Yes I critique, there is stuff I dislike, but dont get pissed off. I save that for football.

Stupid Texans.

UberTag

At least when NetWrecker is tired of the product he leaves. I dont know why he is back. I guess he likes to see a train wreck.

To me its just a show. Yes I critique, there is stuff I dislike, but dont get pissed off. I save that for football.

Stupid Texans.
Matt Schaub is a liability. Houston's ownership needs to realize this. He's a game manager... nothing more.

BlazinAm

So you think Triple H vs Brock Lesnar will be on Main Event, then?

Joking aside, I'm thinking Sweet Ass Stephanie™ steps in and goes over Triple H's authority and calls upon The Dead Man to make Brock suffer as he's made her husband and now her father suffer. I'd also like to see Sugar Shane take an F5 to make it mega personal, but he's a serious business man now, probably doesn't want to be involved with WWE ever again.

Side Note:
I would let Michael Hayes ravage my anus every day for a month and call me Bo Dallas to spend 24 hours with Stephanie McMahon and having sexual intercourse with her for 23 of them. The other hour would be used to eat to keep my energy high.
How the fuck you don't get a new tag for that!!

SoulPlaya

more money than God

Stupid Texans.
Yeah, I honesty don't care that much anymore. I reached a point not that long ago when I realized that this a kid's show (and always primarily has been), and I'm taking every little aspect of it too seriously. The wrestlers and writers don't care that much about this, so why should I? If you don't like it, don't watch it, and for the most part now, I don't.

There's important stuff to worry about now in my life.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Context is very important, so is listening.

For the entire minute beforehand he was talking about popularity being the most important thing in how a wrestler is treated as well as the opportunities they are given. If he buys into this worldview then he can apply it when looking at other people and trying to divine their motivations.

Saying "Brodus Clay doesn't like dancing with people" isn't character killing, it's character defining. It defines Punk as his character feels the system is broken and that anyone who appears to be benefiting from it are just using it - just like he was. It further defines Brodus as it gives him the freedom to say "Punk doesn't speak for me" making both him look good and Punk like a condescending fucking asshole, which is exactly what they did.

If I could compare it to anything it's a serious take on the Chris Jericho "conspiracy victim" character. He's being defeated by his own foolish arrogance but rather than admitting to any weakness his character is blaming perceived faults in the system.

Punk's promos aren't good because they're perceived to be inside baseball, it's because he applies nuance and motivation to his words.
You may be right, but I honestly think you're over thinking this. Jericho and a bunch of others have said that all aspects of the show are preapproved by Vince, and he comes up with this shit 5 minutes before the show. None of these characters are that deep. 90% of them are just rehashes, anyway, lol.

Bo-Dallas.jpg

"yo homey lets shake our booties"
BLOOD GOD BO DEMANDS YOU TO SACRIFICE A VIRGIN EVERY WEEK OR FACE HIS WRATH

jmdajr

Yeah, I honesty don't care that much anymore. I reached a point not that long ago when I realized that this a kid's show (and always primarily has been), and I'm taking every little aspect of it too seriously. The wrestlers and writers don't care that much about this, so why should I? If you don't like it, don't watch it, and for the most part now, I don't.

There's important stuff to worry about now in my life.
This show for me is stress relief. I watch it
because its ridiculous not in spite off. I could be watching something smarter, but... I just dont care to.

UberTag

You may be right, but I honestly think you're over thinking this. Jericho and a bunch of others have said that all aspects of the show are preapproved by Vince, and he comes up with this shit 5 minutes before the show. None of these characters are that deep. 90% of them are just rehashes, anyway, lol.
SoulPlaya gets it people. Don't look for deeper meaning in anything until Crazy Old Man Vince goes away.
It's all just crap to pad time between commercials, Cena segments for the jimmies, dance contests and Vince/Trips monologues.
All of it comes from the mind of Vince minutes beforehand.
He'll overrule anything with deep thought behind it. Too complicated for the idiots in "Southern town RAW is live from this Monday".
Don't waste your time with the WWE product when you can catch anything worth watching in 10-15 minutes worth of YouTube vids weekly.

(NXT is still probably worth watching due to lack of Vince influence.)

It's been reported a lot that Punk has tore up scripts he's handed and just came up with his own stuff. I don't think anybody here believes Punk is shooting in every promo, but I don't believe much of what he says is scripted word for word either. He knows why he's going out there and what he has to achieve, but he has a lot more control of what he's doing than guys lower down the pole. Ryback clearly has every line written for him and uses half his brain trying to remember them.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
It's been reported a lot that Punk has tore up scripts he's handed and just came up with his own stuff. I don't think anybody here believes Punk is shooting in every promo, but I don't believe much of what he says is scripted word for word either. He knows why he's going out there and what he has to achieve, but he has a lot more control of what he's doing than guys lower down the pole. Ryback clearly has every line written for him and uses half his brain trying to remember them.
When has it ever been reported that Punk has torn up scripts? LOL! I don't believe that at all. I don't even understand how he could be given a script. Shit is being made up as they go along for the most part, with maybe just a very general guideline (for instance, Rock/Cena at WM).

In an interview after he left, Jericho talked about his feud with Ziggler. He said that he would approach Vince and the others about coming up for a story line for his feud with Ziggler. You know, an actual reason why they're fighting. Yet, they kept procrastinating him, and telling him that they would just come up with something next week. Finally, the week he was leaving, he said that they approached him 10 minutes before the show and told him about the contract or MITB briefcase match. That's just terrible. Bryan in a couple of interviews in recent months has said that they never know what they're going to be doing until they arrive to the show.

He was legit shook.
LOL!!!!

Top Bottom