• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

tm24

Holy shit, what a match. So many knees. Sakuraba looked great too. The Boma Ye reversal earlier was freakign sweet

HOLY FUCK, I loved the hell out of that match. Proper shootstyle wrestling. Nakamura escaping from the triangle and hitting a boma ye was awesome stuff, and him running into Sakuraba's knee strike was so nasty looking. Match of the show, so far...

MoosiferX

Thanks to whoever originally posted about this event, btw! I usually just lurk around this thread while I'm watching RAW, but it's been fun kind of participating for once.

tm24

This thread is the best during non-wwe wrestling talk. See, any Chikara iPPV discussion

Our savior descends from the heavens!

That was an excellent match, even though I wanted Okada to win. I'd probably rate it a bit lower than their 2nd match, but it was still great, nonetheless.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The question is, who does Tanahashi eventually drop the belt too?

The guy who deserved it before Okada in the first place
tumblr_m0uk9nh8xD1rnqcvoo1_400.jpg

The next iPPV will be 'The New Beginning' on February 10th in Hiroshima! It's another Sunday show, which should make viewing a bit easier for international folk :)

Awesome match and brilliant show but man, I'm so disappointed by that ending. Okada's been so awesome and it seemed like giving the belt to him would've been the fitting end to what's been by far the best feud in wrestling over the last year.

Oh well, I'll be over it by the time I wake up tomorrow. Tanahashi's awesome, so it's not like I can be too disappointed like I am with WWE and TNA all the time.

I'd have to say that Nakamura vs Sakuraba was my favourite match of the night. Just an expertly worked, perfectly paced shootstyle match, with lots of stiff-as-hell strikes and a great finish. Tanahashi vs Okada would be second. It was a great match, but I can't help but be disappointed by the ending. However, the problem with Tanahashi's lengthy IWGP title reign in 2011 was that you didn't believe any of his opponents could beat him, whereas here Tanahashi was on the back foot a lot, got frustrated at his inability to put Okada away and only won because he managed to avoid the Rainmaker. There's still potential for a rematch at a later date. 3rd favourite would have to be Suzuki vs Nagata. This was heated, stiff and cleverly worked. Suzuki sells so damn well, and the callback to his injured arm was excellent.

Elsewhere, the Jr. Heavyweight 3-way with Devitt vs Low Ki vs Ibushi was a ton of fun. All three guys did exceptionally well, and the match was fast, action packed and well paced. Also, props to Low Ki for wrestling in the Agent 47 suit! Togi Makabe vs Katsuyori Shibata was just a highly entertaining, no nonsense brawl and, although I was surprised Makabe won, the finishing stretch was excellent. Shibata has star written all over him, and it's crazy to think how big he could be today if he never bolted for MMA 5 or 6 years back. Mutoh & Ohtani vs TenKoji was a lot better than I was expecting, and largely thanks to Shinjiro Ohtani who worked his ass off in this match. Crowd was super into it, too. KES vs Sword & Guns was good, but its placing on the card meant it would never be as good as their tag tournament final. Still, I liked the new look for KES, and Davey Boy Jr. & Lance Archer look so much more comfortable in an NJPW ring than they ever did in a WWE one.

Overall, it was an excellent show, but we didn't really get much indication of how the next iPPV is going to stack up. Hopefully Alex Koslov will be healed by then, so we can get a Jr. Heavyweight Tag Title rematch between Time Splitters & Forever Hooligans, and also if Daichi Hashimoto is fit to perform I'd love to see him take on Tenzan, as there was a slight altercation between the two post-match. No idea who Tanahashi faces, or Nakamura, or Devitt, or KES for that matter. I'd go with Tanahashi vs Nagata, Nakamura vs Suzuki, Devitt vs TAKA & KES vs The Complete Players (Tanaka & Yujiro).

RBH

jyeS4VwxiEH9V.jpg

jPhVYU54P6iPo.jpg

The Best of WCW Monday Nitro Vol. 2

Release Date: February 12th, 2013

DISC 1

WCW United States Championship Match
Sting vs. Ric Flair
4th September, 1995

Madusa trashed the WWE Women’s Championship
18th December, 1995

Trashing the Gold

Hulk Hogan vs. Arn Anderson
12th February, 1996

Steiner Brothers vs. Road Warriors
11th March, 1996

Cruiserweights

Jushin “Thunder” Liger vs. Dean Malenko
6th May, 1996

WCW Cruiserweight Championship Match
Rey Mysterio vs. Juventud Guerrera
16th September, 1996

Rookie of the Year

Eric Bischoff’s Biggest Regret
30th September, 1996

WCW United States Championship Tournament Quarter Finals Match
Diamond Dallas Page vs. Jeff Jarrett
9th December, 1996

The Lone Wolf

Kevin Nash patches up potholes
21st April, 1997

Hollywood Hogan makes Sting worship him
26th May, 1997

Through the Crowd

Ric Flair vs. Scott Hall
2nd June, 1997

DISC 2

Celebrities

Hollywood Hogan & Dennis Rodman call out Lex Luger & The Giant
16th June, 1997

Rey Mysterio vs. Kevin Nash
30th June, 1997

La Parka vs. Randy Savage
7th July, 1997

Goldberg vs. Hugh Morrus
22nd September, 1997

Homegrown

Booker T vs. Jeff Jarrett
6th October, 1997

Street Fight for the WCW World Tag Team Championship
Steiner Brothers vs. Public Enemy
3rd November, 1997

NWO sings “O Canada”
10th November, 1997

Booker T vs. “Macho Man” Randy Savage
15th December, 1997

Remembering Macho Man

Rey Mysterio, Juventud Guerrera & Hector Garza vs. Psicosis, Silver King & La Parka
22nd December, 1997

Diamond Dallas Page vs. Chris Jericho
5th January, 1998

Spring Breakout

Hollywood Hogan, Kevin Nash & Scott Hall vs. Sting, “Macho Man” Randy Savage & The Giant
9th March, 1998

WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match
Sting vs. Diamond Dallas Page
23rd March, 1998

Raven’s Rules Match for the WCW United States Championship
Raven vs. Goldberg
20th April, 1998

Birth of the Wolfpac
4th May, 1998

DISC 3

NWO Divided

Kevin Nash & Lex Luger vs. Hollywood Hogan & The Giant
1st June, 1998

Chris Jericho meets the real Goldberg
28th September, 1998

Nitro Parties

Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero
21st December, 1998

Ladder Match for the Taser
Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Scott Hall
25th January, 1999

Bret “Hit Man” Hart vs. Rowdy Roddy Piper
8th February, 1999

Jersey Boys

WCW World Tag Team Championship Match
Perry Saturn & Kaynon vs. Diamond Dallas Page & Bam Bam Bigelow
31st May, 1999

“Macho Man” Randy Savage vs. Hollywood Hogan
12th July, 1999

Nitro Girls

WCW World Tag Team Championship Match
Kevin Nash & Scott Hall vs. Goldberg & Bret “Hit Man” Hart
13th December, 1999

House of Pain Match
Sting vs. Vampiro
15th May, 2000

Shane Helms vs. Shannon Moore
26th February, 2001

WCW United States & World Heavyweight Championship Match
Booker T vs. Scott Steiner
26th March, 2001

A Celebration of Nitro

BLU-RAY EXCLUSIVES

Hulk Hogan vs. Lex Luger
11th September, 1995

Ric Flair vs. Brian Pillman
18th September, 1995

J.L. vs. NWO Sting
21st October, 1996

Sting & Lex Luger vs. Hollywood Hogan & Randy Savage
16th March, 1998

Steel Cage Match
Diamond Dallas Page vs. Randy Savage
15th June, 1998

Goldberg vs. Sting
14th September, 1998

WCW Television Championship Match
Scott Steiner vs. Chris Jericho
1st February, 1999

Ric Flair & Goldberg vs. Hollywood Hogan & Kevin Nash
15th March, 1999

Jeff Jarrett reclaims his WCW World Heavyweight Championship
22nd November, 1999

DDP and Randy Savage’s War of Words

0014_uhu8.gif

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I forgot about the ppv. Karate Kid marathon took over. I stayed up til 4am watching them again

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Missed Wrestle Kingdom, as expected - not reading the results but I wont get upset if some are posted from here on out. I'm a big boy, I can't expect it to be hidden. Looking forward to watching it tonight. Hope it'll cheer me up!

Missed Wrestle Kingdom, as expected - not reading the results but I wont get upset if some are posted from here on out. I'm a big boy, I can't expect it to be hidden. Looking forward to watching it tonight. Hope it'll cheer me up!

This one guy kicked another guy.

Entropia

No One Remembers

A dude hit his finisher but the dude kicked out.

Yeah, but most if not all the stories suck. You know what, McMahon vs Austin saved the WWF, so you know what would really work for us? If we do three or four evil boss vs top babyface stories at the same time. We can do Hulk vs Eric, Russo vs Flair, Vince and Eric vs Terry Funk, Eric vs DDP, and Eric/Vince vs the rest of the faces. And Kim needs to turn on DDP and divorce him. And Liz needs to be held hostage every week. And we need to get new guys to do complete rip offs of older guys gimmicks.

Remember how that Kane and Undertaker storyline got really supernatural and wacky and had fire and stuff? Well, Sting is kind of like our Undertaker, and Vampiro is super over as a face, so let's turn him heel and make him kind like our Kane who likes to set stuff on fire all of the sudden. Let's get everyone's family members involved and have everyone use SHOOT names. It'll be great. We'll totally win the war!

Haha, that's totally true.

For the next New Japan iPPV it looks like we may get
Minoru Suzuki vs Kazuchika Okada, as there seems to be a Suzuki-gun vs CHAOS feud brewing and Okada has said he'll take on Suzuki if Gedo asks him to

did
a japanese table really break

Yeah, I was pretty shocked
the table broke so well, but Togi really put a lot of force into the powerbomb and Shibata took it really well. Also, either Togi was actually knocked loopy at one point in that match, or he's better at selling than I've previously given him credit for

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You guys seriously don't need to spoiler tag if you don't wanna. :)

Itchin' to get offa work and watch. ITCHINGU

Inspired by strobogo's great WCW 2000 reviews, below is a recap of WWF SummerSlam 2000.

Click here for the WWF WrestleMania 2000 recap. Click here for the WWF Backlash 2000 recap. Click here for the WWF King Of The Ring 2000 recap. Click here for the WWF Fully Loaded 2000 recap. Click here for the WWF Survivor Series 2000 recap. Click here for the WWF Armageddon 2000 recap.

WWF SummerSlam - August 27, 2000 - Raleigh, North Carolina - 18,124 in attendance

Match 1: Six-Man Tag Team Match: Steven Richards, Bull Buchanan, The Goodfather vs. Rikishi and Too Cool
- Pre-match, Steven Richards began cutting a promo but was immediately interrupted by Too Cool and Rikishi, who is accompanied by 2 Hos - one of which will later become Victoria.
upNmq.png

- At one point during the match, The Goodfather roughly shoved down his Hos, which led to the crowd chanting, "Save The Hos".
- FINISH: As Scottie was doing The Worm, Steven snuck up and connected with a Superkick for the win.

VT: 3 days ago on SmackDown, Kurt Angle kissed a young, hot Stephanie McMahon.
7iu1x.png

BACKSTAGE: Skinny Michael Cole interviews Hardcore Champion Shane McMahon, who says he supports Stephanie. Then he spots Steve Blackman and runs offscreen.

Match 2: X-Pac vs. Road Dogg
- This was a friendly rivalry, and both guys were faces in the match. Road Dogg was more over with the crowd, though.
- FINISH: X-Pac low-blowed Road Dogg, then went over with the X-Factor. This guy was especially happy…
sBU8C.png

- Post-match, X-Pac cut a promo saying, "No hard feelings." Road Dogg didn't go for it and hit a pump handle slam, then told him to suck it.

AT RINGSIDE: JR and King casually talked about how great "Vinnie's Steak House" of Raleigh, North Carolina is. Then this graphic came on screen. Shameless, haha.
N2FNe.png

BACKSTAGE: Chyna tells Eddie that one of them is going to get lucky tonight.

BACKSTAGE: Cut to Trish telling Val Venis that Chyna isn't "centerfold material". Val says the only thing he cares about is the Intercontinental Title. You are unwise, Val.
shTrT.png

Match 3: WWF Intercontinental Championship: Mixed Tag Team Match: Chyna and Eddie Guerrero vs. Trish Stratus and Val Venis
- It was a boring match that dragged a bit. The only good parts of this match were Trish taking her coat off and Trish asking for the tag.
YLGzZ.png

YJzMl.png

- Okay, okay, sorry, but those are some nice shorts.
- FINISH: Chyna pinned Trish after a press-slam to become the new Intercontinental Champion.

VT: Last night at WWF New York on Radio WWF, Skinny Cole interviewed some guy named Mick Foley but more importantly… Trish Stratus! "Derek from Pennsylvania" asked how it felt to be in the WWF. Later, that Mick Foley guy danced with Too Cool.
MfA5N.png

BACKSTAGE: Janet the Makeup Lady is gossiping with Stephanie about whether Kurt Angle is "a hottie".

Match 4: Jerry "The King" Lawler vs. Tazz
- Backstory here is that a week prior, Tazz locked JR in King's car. Then he smashed a window with a bat and glass got in JR's eye - blinding him. So Tazz makes his entrance like this…
nHRsk.png

- Tazz no sold a piledriver. Man, I haven't seen a legit piledriver in over 10 years. Miss that move.
- FINISH: When Tazz locked King in the Tazzmission, JR got up from the announce position and smashed a glass jar of candy over Tazz's head. Crowd went crazy.
- JR went back to the announce table, put on his headset, and like a badass goes, "How do you like that you son of a bitch!?"

BACKSTAGE: Lilian asked Shane about Stephanie. Shane ran away again when he saw Steve Blackman in the distance.

Match 5: WWF Hardcore Championship: Shane McMahon vs. Steve Blackman
- Blackman beat the hell out of Shane - at one point placing a trashcan over him and beating him like a drum. JR quipped, "He's like Max Weinberg of the Max Weinberg 7."
- Test and Albert came down and beat on Blackman. They eventually worked their way over to the SummerSlam staging, and Blackman managed to fight off Test and Albert. Shane climbed the SummerSlam set to escape Blackman, but Blackman climbed after him with a singapore cane in hand.
H3bAc.png

- Blackman caned Shane, who fell about 50 feet onto "electrical equipment". Yet another crazy bump by Shane.
rLZHh.png

- FINISH: Blackman climbed down a bit, then jumped off the set and struck an elbow on Shane for the 1, 2, 3.
95gkt.png

BACKSTAGE: Shane is taken away through the arena on a stretcher.

BACKSTAGE: A young, hot Stephanie McMahon is freaking out over what happened to Shane, when Angle comes in. She asks Kurt if Shane is okay, and he responds, "Uh, yeah, I think he just got the wind knocked out of him." Angle hugs Steph to comfort her. Foley comes in and tells Stephanie that Shane landed on his "kisser".

Match 6: 2-out-of-3 Falls Match: Chris Jericho vs. Chris Benoit
- Benoit made Y2J tap via the Crippler Cross Face to win the first fall.
- Five minutes later, Y2J made Benoit tap via the Walls of Jericho.
- Jericho hit a picture perfect hurricanrana from the top rope, but it only got a 2 count.
- FINISH: Benoit rolled up Jericho and grabbed the ropes to win.

BACKSTAGE: Triple H arrives at the arena.

Match 7: WWF Tag Team Championship: First Ever Tables, Ladders, & Chairs Match: The Dudley Boyz vs. The Hardy Boyz vs. Edge & Christian
- Within a minute, the chair spots begin, including Matt throwing a chair and connecting with Bubba's unprotected head.
- Shortly after, Bubba throws his own chair at Jeff, who's flying through the air.
- Then some spots using ladders take place, including Bubba giving a sitout full nelson atomic drop to Christian off the ladder.
- D-Von GETS THE TABLES, and sets one of in the ring. They 3D Christian through it.
- Wow, nearly every chairshot to the head is unprotected. They're brutal. Knowing what's known now, it's kinda hard to watch.
- Jeff Hardy leaped over a ladder from the top rope and hit a leg drop.
- Lots of inventive spots with the ladders. The Hardy's trapped Edge under a ladder and threw Christian on top of him.
- On the outside, Jeff climbed a giant ladder. He went for the Swanton, but Bubba got out of the way, and Jeff went through the tables.
Nk6On.png

- With everyone down on the mat, Bubba made it back in and climbed the 20 foot ladder set in the middle of the ring. Edge and Christian made it to their feet and pushed the ladder over - sending Bubba flying over the top rope to the outside through 4 stacked tables.
cxYud.png

- Edge and Christian climb to grab the Titles, but Lita runs down and pushes the ladder over.
- Now Matt climbs the 20 foot ladder, but D-Von pushes it over - sending Matt over the top rope to the outside through some tables.
- Edge hits a vicious spear on Lita on the outside, and her head bounces off a ladder.
- Jeff Hardy and D-Von race up the ladder for the belts. Edge begins shoving the ladder, so the two grab hold of the belts, hanging on for dear life. Jeff kicks D-Von down. Edge and Christian throw a ladder at Jeff, who also falls.
Q7JOA.png

- FINISH: Edge and Christian set up a ladder and grab the Titles in the best TLC match in history.

BACKSTAGE: Triple H yells at a young, hot Stephanie demanding for an explanation of Kurt's kiss. Steph says Kurt took advantage of her.

Match 8: First Ever Thong Stinkface Match: The Kat w/Al Snow vs. Terri w/Perry Saturn
- Not the classiest match in WWE history. In fact, it's so misogynistic and demeaning, I didn't bother even taking screengrabs. Plus, neither are Trish Stratus.
- At one point, Al Snow blatantly grabs Terri's ass as he's throwing her back into the ring. And later, after The Kat hit a Bronco Buster on Terri, Saturn aggressively pushed her to the mat.
- FINISH: The ref accidentally gets headbutted below the belt, and with him distracted, Al Snow throws Head in. The Kat hits Terri with it. She sets Terri up in the corner and shoves her ass in her face.
- Terri's selling of it, as if she was just shot, made me laugh.
5dBvt.png

AT WWF NEW YORK: APA stand behind the counter and drink booze and smoke cigars.

Match 9: Kane vs. The Undertaker
- The match never officially stars, and Taker spends the whole five minutes focused on taking Kane's mask off.
- FINISH: Taker rips Kane's mask off, but Kane manages to hide a clear shot of his face and runs off.
a0Iak.png

BACKSTAGE: Kurt is in his locker room and places a call from his cell phone. Cut to Stephanie standing with Triple H. She picks up and pretends it's her mother so Triple H doesn't get mad.

Match 10: WWF Championship: Triple Threat, No Disqualification Match: Kurt Angle vs. The Rock vs. Triple H
- Angle cuts a pre-match promo saying he wishes he kissed Stephanie sooner.
- Triple H comes out, pissed off. Before the match starts, he sets Angle up for a Pedigree on the top of the Spanish Announce Table.
- The weight of the two collapses the table pre-maturely. Angle suffers a legit concussion, and he moves around like a fish out of water. His eyes are glazed over. Triple H has to pull him back to the ground.
1C4Sr.png

- They send The Rock out, and he and Triple H battle it out while Angle gets checked out by EMTs.
xAjs3.png

- Angle gets stretchered to the back, and for some reason Triple H takes it upon himself to stop the stretcher and throw some (soft) punches Angle's way. Rock saves the day, and he and Triple H fight near the staging a bit, then head back to the ring.
- Before Angle finally makes it to the back on a stretcher, Stephanie comes out to show her support. I'm guessing none of this was planned, and everyone is basically improvising.
- Stephanie heads to the ring, grabs the Title, and accidentally nails Triple H with it. Rock grabs her, but Triple H makes the save. Off screen, Sgt. Slaughter comes out, and probably tells Stephanie to head back to Gorilla, so she exits.
- Cut to BACKSTAGE where Stephanie begs Angle, "Please go help Hunter. Will you do it for me?" Angle replies, "For you, Stephanie."
6Gwff.png

- So she drags him back out, haha.
vBp3C.png

- Stephanie again gets in the ring, and Triple H misses hitting Angle and punches her in the head.
- FINISH: Angle nails Triple H with the sledgehammer. Rock throws Angle out of the ring, hits the People's Elbow on Hunter to retain the Title.
- Post-match, Angle carries Stephanie off.
vncaH.png

Probably the most exciting WWF PPV of the year 2000. Thanks for reading!

Aiii

So not worth it
Would you mind putting the pictures in quote tags next time? It's taking quite some time to scroll these on my Nexus 7, thanks mate! :)

strobogo

Banned
wcw2000.tumblr.com

WCW Thunder 6/7/2000

Well on Nitro, Eric Bischoff defeated Terry Funk to win the Hardcore Championship, Vince Russo defeated Ric Flair in a Caged Heat match, Goldberg returned and beat Tank, Goldberg helped Kevin Nash and will get suspended tonight.

TO THE BACK. A limo full of lawyers arrive with Eric Bischoff.

Eric and his lawyers come to the ring. He insists that his surprise at the GAB will be the biggest thing ever. EVER. In the history of pro wrestling. I feel like maybe he's over hyping a bit. As of now, Goldberg is suspended without pay for 90 days. Jeff Jarrett was injured on Nitro and will not be able to compete at the GAB. Jeff comes out with a cast on his leg, a neck brace, an arm brace, a walker, and something around his hips.

vlcsnap-00002_zpsff862510.png

The cast on his arm isn't even attached. It's split in half and dangling. I'll assume it wasn't intentional, but it'd be hilarious if it was. Kevin Nash comes out. He brought a bat out to take Jeff's temperature. He hits Jeff in the broken areas. He goes for a jackknife, but Eric tries to hit Nash with the bat. Kevin stops, Eric runs away, and Kevin beats up the lawyers. Jeff is dumped onto the ramp where he casts fall off and the match is back on.

TO THE BACK. The MIA have a meeting. A van arrives with a bunch of elderly people filing out. David and Russo were driving it. One of the old ladies tries to jump out and falls. David tries to avoid Daffney. Jeff and Eric argue.

vlcsnap-00003_zpsd7598a28.png

Fucking Filthy Animals come out. Seriously, the worst thing of WCW right now. Konnan I'm pretty sure said nigga what and called the MIA a band of retards. Yet this wasn't muted on TBS, the network that would mute the crowd chanting things and occasionally Captain Rection's name.

Disco vs Lt. Loco vs Daffney WCW Cruiserweight Championship.

Oh good, Tygress is on color. Chavo screams back at Daffney. She has a pretty good rana. Crowbar does a random tope onto the MIA. Then Ms. Hancock's music hits. She and Daffney get into a spat on the ramp.

vlcsnap-00004_zpsa9e1f8fa.png

These two are really fighting over David Flair? Kim comes out and shoves Stacy into Daffney. Major Gunns tries to go after Kim, but is held back. All while in the ring the ENTIRE Filthy Animals are beating up Chavo with no help. GI Bro comes in and puts Disco out with the Book End. Chavo pins Disco. New champ! Major Gunns gives Chavo CPR. He's alive!

TO THE BACK. Billy tries to apologize to Torrie. Cat is pacing as Russo walks up to him.

vlcsnap-00006_zpsd089745e.png

MOMENTS AGO. Cat told the MIA members they'd be fired if they stayed at ringside when they weren't in the match.

Kidman vs Major Stash.

Horace is out with Kidman. Kidman again tries to apologize to Torrie for his actions on Nitro. Kidman says Private Stash. But it's Major Stash. In fact, Tony was corrected on air for saying Private one week. MEGA FLOCK EXPLODES! Stalling superplex! Horace hits the DVD, Kidman hits the diving elbow for the win. I like that WCW basically got rid of DQs just so they can have stupid run ins and interference but still have technically clean finishes. Kidman asks Torrie to come out. Billy wants to have make up sex. Torrie slaps him. So, is that a no?

TO THE DANCE FLOOR. Cat is going to teach the old folk to dance. This is...what? Cat eyeballs one lady in particular and says he will fight an old lady. She takes her jacket off and very awkwardly says she will knock the bleach out of his hair. Cat backs off.

vlcsnap-00008_zpse33f57ae.png

Vince Russo and David Flair come to the ring as balloons and confetti fall. The old people are with them. Oh good. I hope some of them get to cut promos. It's Ric's retirement party. Oh. I get it. Because Ric is old. Russo is now 2-0. He might be the only undefeated wrestler in the company. Russo rips his shirt to show the scars and hand prints from Ric's chops and even tries to wash it off to prove it wasn't make up.

vlcsnap-00010_zpsc2a8c993.png

He then threatens to beat up all the old people who keep tossing and kicking the balloons. Some old dude wheels out a giant cake. Russo is genre savvy and knows Ric is inside it, so he tries to get into the cake before Ric can jump out. But Ric was under the ring instead. SWERVE! He jumps David, gets Russo back in the ring, slams Vince into the cake, and low blows David. WHOOOOO!!!

vlcsnap-00014_zps6212b1af.png

TO THE BACK
. Tank and Rick Steiner arrive. Goldberg's monster truck was in the background. WHY DOESN'T ANYONE SHOW UP TO WORK ON TIME? Eric is on the phone and wants Goldberg arrested if he steps foot in the building.

TO SOMEWHERE. The Mamalukes are looking at stuff in a museum of the arena I think. Wall attacks them. It's now a hardcore handicap match.

Wall vs The Mamalukes handicap tables match.

They've made their way to the ring. I really don't give a shit about this. It's just an excuse to find a way for Wall to take a crazy bump. Shane Douglas comes out and powerbombs Wall through a table. So the Mamalukes won, right? Vito pins Wall to win. But it was a table match. Oh, and the Mamalukes are the Hardcore Champions and can defend the belt under Freebird rules. This was done off screen sometime, which shows you how important WCW thought it was if Eric Bischoff couldn't even vacate his own title on screen. They really had him pin Terry Funk just to give the title away off screen? Wall finally sells a bump. Now he's dead. But he's no sold everything for months. Nah, just kidding, he's cool. He chases Shane through the crowd. Tank Abbott walks down the ramp and takes out both Mamalukes because they were in his way.

Tank isn't done with Goldberg. He wants a rematch. But tonight, he wants someone big, tough, and sexy. He's still calling out Nash after a break. Nash was calmly watching this on a monitor as Tank threatens to beat up innocents. Tony got up and ran away from the table as soon as Tank said that. He finds a kid at ringside who just happens to be Tony's son. Tony's kid throws his drink in Tank's face. Do we really need announcer's kids involved in shit, too?

vlcsnap-00016_zps3c1f7bf6.png

Kevin Nash vs Tank Abbott.

Rick Steiner jumps in pretty much immediately and the bell rings. Oh, now they have DQs? Before this there have been matches with literally 8 people interfering with no DQ called, but Rick Steiner comes in and the match is thrown out in less than 30 seconds. Scott comes out to make a save. Scott is booked in a match that I wasn't listening to, but if Nash interferes he'll lose his title shot and if Goldberg interferes he'll be fired on the spot.

TO THE BACK. Security cameras capture Goldberg stalking through the building and parking lot. Police have arrived!

Mike Awesome vs Corporal Cajun

Sound is like 30-40 seconds off from the video. Very distracting. This was a squash until DDP came out. Awesome bomb through the table, though. A weirdly long and low table.

vlcsnap-00017_zps0522daf2.png

TO THE BACK. Another limo has arrived. It's HOLLYWOOD HOGAN! Kim and Eric talk to the cops. I don't know what any of it says because there is no audio/it's so far off that I can't tell what the deal is.

GI Bro/Giant Hard Cock vs PerfectShawn/The Event WCW Tag Team Championships

Do GIs and Captains usually do stuff together? Weird, some dude in the crowd is cosplaying as George C. Scott's Paton.

vlcsnap-00019_zps00ec84aa.png

He jumps the rail to hit on Major Gunns. WCW really needs to stop doing fans (who are plants or characters) jumping the rail with no repercussions. It seems to happen a lot lately. I don't think that sets a good example. It happens so often that when a real fan jumps the rail, no one knows how to react since nobody knows if it is real or not. Old dude gets in the ring, which distracts Raging Boner and causes him to lose. Kronik come out after the match to go after the champs.

The Cat vs Sting

Oh good, the sound is synched back up. Vampiro attacked Sting with a fire extinguisher before the match started. Wait, this is a match? The ref is in the ring, The Cat left, and we're going to act like this is a match or something? Vamp does the Stinger splash and death drop. He sets the announce table on fire. Sting puts it out, though. Vampiro does a Rock Bottom on the announce table, which Sting bounced off of, because Japanese table strikes again. You can always tell when they're going to do something big with the table because there will be a ludicrously wide open space. Like a 1/3rd of the entire outside area is devoted just to the announce table.

vlcsnap-00020_zpsbceaa99d.png

TO THE BACK. Sting don't need no help!

Mean Gene talks to Hollywood Hogan in the ring. Hulk buries the concept of the New Blood and says the shows are boring, so he has to bring Hollywood back. Kidman will always be the Flea Market Champion because he can't handle his woman. I'm not sure how those two things are related at all. I mean, Hogan is the biggest name ever, but he couldn't handle his woman, either.

TO THE BACK. Steiner and his YAKS head to the ring.

Scott Steiner vs New Blood gauntlet match.

Skip is the first man out. Kevin Nash is watching. Top rope belly to belly eliminates Skip. Stasiak is in next. Spinning Belly to belly pins him. Chuck comes in with the Lex Flexxxer, who is concerned and starts to come out, but stops since he'll lose his title shot. Chuck taps out to the recliner. Cat attacks from behind and also taps out. Awesome hits a super lariattoooo from the top from the recliner position. He and Shane are double teaming Scott. Nash starts to leave his locker room, but Jeff hits him with a guitar. Tank and Rick are out as well. It is now 7 on 1 in the ring. Scott is put in a straight jacket and body bag. Goldberg comes out to save him. Goldberg takes them all out.

vlcsnap-00025_zps397d3002.png

Eric comes out with police and Goldberg is under arrest. But he said he'd fire Goldberg on the spot if he came out tonight. Then he didn't fire him, but had him arrested. And why did Jeff hit Nash with the guitar? Jeff was trying to get out of the title match with him. If Kevin came to help Steiner, he wouldn't get his title match. So when Nash gets up to go help Scott (and lose his title shot), why wouldn't Jeff just let him? That doesn't make any sense to me.

This is the go-home show for the GAB, mind you. Reading this, does it make you want to see the Great American Bash? Well, you're in luck. I'll watch it for you.

strobogo

Banned
I thought so at the time, but looking back on it, I don't think she was that hot anymore. Her fake boobs were gross and she always looked like a super bitchy woman who was hiding her inner redneck because she was embarrassed of where she came from. I thought she was way hotter in 2003.

I don't know, something about watching 1998 footage of her now is really off putting to me. Thought she was the hottest thing of all time back then, though.

Top Bottom