• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

SoulPlaya

more money than God
pennjillette Penn Jillette 7h
Here we are backstage with wrestler Glenn Jacobs better known as Kane What a smart great guy. Taller than me? pic.twitter.com/11yAHREE

A_wj_J-CUAAYhIs.jpg:large

Wasn't my cup o' tea. Too fake in pretty much all respects. Same went for Debra. No thank you.

I get what you are saying but there is a difference between the two in my opinion. Debra looked stiff and Barbie doll like where as Sable pulled-off the naughty MILF look very well

Just finished watching Wrestle Kingdom VII

Great event with awesome wrestling. I'm a little mad that NJPW seems to be in a booking rut once again, as I thought for sure Okada would knock off Tanahashi. But no, good ol' Cenahashi defies the odds AGAIN, and I think that hurts Okada's stock.

As for Laughter7 both getting beat, I'm okay with it, despite the fact I feel the IC title is below Nakamura at this point. All the other matches seemed fine to me, great card overall.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished watching Wrestle Kingdom VII

Great event with awesome wrestling. I'm a little mad that NJPW seems to be in a booking rut once again, as I thought for sure Okada would knock off Tanahashi. But no, good ol' Cenahashi defies the odds AGAIN, and I think that hurts Okada's stock.

As for Laughter7 both getting beat, I'm okay with it, despite the fact I feel the IC title is below Nakamura at this point. All the other matches seemed fine to me, great card overall.

Oh my god spoilers!

OOqXz.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So there was a bit in the Observer yesterday about how WWE is interested in Okada

Keep your hands off of him, Vince!

Actually, since Trips has been doing most of the work, I actually think he could shine there if given the proper platform.

At risk of repeat... also potential spoiler (alleged Elimination Chamber Poster)

http://i.imgur.com/5lAV6.jpg

... hmm.

This would be a cool match if they did one match with both titles. First pinfall gets the WHC, sole survivor gets WWE.
But otherwise I really don't expect much out of putting The Rock in a chamber match in 2013...

Then they could do a second Chamber match with upper midcard guys for contendership with whoever the Rumble winner isn't fighting

liger05

So there was a bit in the Observer yesterday about how WWE is interested in Okada

I hope not. Puro and gajin stars going to the WWE means I never see them as I cant watch that shit. Will be a blow if Okada goes as his a star for New Japan!! I want to see Tanahashi, Okada, Nakumera and Shibata blowing the roofs off buildings for years to come.

Kaladin

This feels like a good time to repost The Rock's movie schedule:

Feb 22 - Snitch
Mar 29 - G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Apr 26 - Pain and Gain
May 24 - Fast and Furious 6
Jun 10 - Empire State

Expect him to be on WWE TV for a while this year......and who knows if he'll stick around for the blu-ray/dvd promotion.

This feels like a good time to repost The Rock's movie schedule:

Feb 22 - Snitch
Mar 29 - G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Apr 26 - Pain and Gain
May 24 - Fast and Furious 6
Jun 10 - Empire State

Expect him to be on WWE TV for a while this year.

Wonder how much the WWE would pay him to take the title belt on the talk show circuit for all that time...

tm24

I hope not. Puro and gajin stars going to the WWE means I never see them as I cant watch that shit. Will be a blow if Okada goes as his a star for New Japan!! I want to see Tanahashi, Okada, Nakumera and Shibata blowing the roofs off buildings for years to come.

Yeah, despite Shibata losing yesterday (probably meant as his punishment for leaving all those years ago), he will probably be built up pretty well in the coming year

Also, in news that will make Sunflower happy, one of the rumors floating around for the Guardians of the Galaxy movie from marvel has Batista being considered for the role of Drax the Destoyer

Yeah, despite Shibata losing yesterday (probably meant as his punishment for leaving all those years ago), he will probably be built up pretty well in the coming year

Also, in news that will make Sunflower happy, one of the rumors floating around for the Guardians of the Galaxy movie from marvel has Batista being considered for the role of Drax the Destoyer

Batista as Drax huh. i can see that happining

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

This is good and bad...he'd make an awesome Drax, but Drax is the lamest of the whole group.

EDIT: The GotG are awesome though. I love me some GROOT.

I would love to see what stereotypical Japanese gimmick WWE would come up with for Okada. Samurai? Ronin? Salaryman? Otaku? Sushi chef? Karate master? Gundam?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I would love to see what stereotypical Japanese gimmick WWE would come up with for Okada. Samurai? Ronin? Salaryman? Otaku? Sushi chef? Karate master? Gundam?

Lowest common denominator with Vince. He'd be a railroad worker. :|

Also I wonder which Drax we're getting for that movie:

u5IIC.jpg

Probably not the first...sadly!

As far as Drax being the lamest that's like not a real knock. That team is so cool too to bottom. I'm just very happy that more people have read it. The Annihilation story is too good.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
As far as Drax being the lamest that's like not a real knock. That team is so cool too to bottom. I'm just very happy that more people have read it. The Annihilation story is too good.

Honestly yeah, even though Drax is the worst of the group they're all pretty far above and beyond anything else. You just can't compare anyone to GROOT! or Cosmo or Rocket or Starlord and on and on.

And yeah I read the entiiiire big ol' Cosmic run from early 2000s to current. So good.

tm24

Star lord trapped thanos in a collpasing universe and sacficed himself. all Drax did was screw the plan up

Dude, that was all Nova. Nova is the best

In all honesty, i probably care the least for Gamora. Not her fault, she's just to level-headed for GotG

Brera

Banned
Some of these recaps just show how lacking WWE is in Divas.

Apart from Eve, they're all pretty lacklustre!

Where are the Sables, Torre Wilsons, Trish Stratus and Stacey Keiblers!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Starlord had the cosmic cube, he was cheating. That was all Nova. Nova is the best. Fail Nova is not

Not a huge fan of "I love Dubstep" Nova right now. I miss ye olde Dickrider.

Top Bottom