• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

Jamie OD

Ustream is only showing replays on a schedule for now so I only got to see the final two matches of Wrestle Kingdom so far. As someone who thinks pro wrestling and MMA can be mixed together under the right circumstances, Nakamura Vs Sakuraba is one of the best examples of that hybrid you will find. Tanahashi Vs Okada was fantastic as well. Now I just have to wait until the VOD becomes available so I can watch the rest of it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ustream is only showing replays on a schedule for now so I only got to see the final two matches of Wrestle Kingdom so far. As someone who thinks pro wrestling and MMA can be mixed together under the right circumstances, Nakamura Vs Sakuraba is one of the best examples of that hybrid you will find. Tanahashi Vs Okada was fantastic as well. Now I just have to wait until the VOD becomes available so I can watch the rest of it.

Fuck! I'm still at work!

throwingpapers.gif

Some of these recaps just show how lacking WWE is in Divas.

Apart from Eve, they're all pretty lacklustre!

Where are the Sables, Torre Wilsons, Trish Stratus and Stacey Keiblers!

If you are not pushing sex appeal, women get little to no reaction in WWE. Since they don't want to go that route, very little effort will be put into the Diva's and their generic matches will continue to be forgotten whereas the bra and panties matches of the late 90's/early 00's kept viewers around. If they want to make people care about the diva's again, as chauvinistic as it may be, they have to "Slut it up!"

KissVibes

Banned
In other comic and wrestling new Daniel Bryan wants to be called the dazzler

Gimmick change time! Daniel Bryan becomes a 1920s era gentleman known as The Dazzler and wrestles like this:

7s5xc.jpg

It'll probably ruin his momentum (he's pretty much top 5 in terms of pops for active roster, could one day be bigger than Cena) but it'd be funny as shit to see him do it.

Gimmick change time! Daniel Bryan becomes a 1920s era gentleman known as The Dazzler and wrestles like this:

7s5xc.jpg

It'll probably ruin his momentum (he's pretty much top 5 in terms of pops for active roster, could one day be bigger than Cena) but it'd be funny as shit to see him do it.

Marion Fontaine is already using this gimmick on the indies minus"the dazzler" part and its freaking awesome. One of the funnier gimmicks to debut last year.

strobogo

Banned
Exclusive shirtless interview with Mr. Thesz:

images

Mr. Thesz guest staring on a police procedural show:

images

Mr. Thesz taking a shower:

tumblr_mbew9uWC1L1rcou3so5_250.jpg

Mr Thesz showing a brief hint of weakness:

images

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dude we got some quality conversation time with the Kru in Japan. The guy is legend. I'll share more fun info tonight when I'm on a laptop.

The fuck is a dude like that doing in Japan? Man. Is he "dwtc" as you young folks say?

The fuck is a dude like that doing in Japan? Man. Is he "dwtc" as you young folks say?
Dwtc?

Man he actually connected with the audience well and worked well in the two matches we saw him. He did about 50 matches in a few months there and a lot of fans loved him that had seen him several times. He's got a compilation of a few highlights in Japan and he's mixing it up with the Great Sasuke. The Kru has many layers.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dwtc?

Man he actually connected with the audience well and worked well in the two matches we saw him. He did about 50 matches in a few months there and a lot of fans loved him that had seen him several times. He's got a compilation of a few highlights in Japan and he's mixing it up with the Great Sasuke. The Kru has many layers.

Sounds like he is black ops.

Jamie OD

Update on my Wrestle Kingdom viewing. So far everything from Nagata Vs Suzuki onwards has been amazing from either a performance standpoint or as a spectacle. The stuff before that have all been ok to good but the match just mentioned is when things step into gear. Also Low Ki wrestling as
Agent 47
has made me like him again.

Top Bottom