• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

strobogo

Banned
I think there was an episode of Nitro where he had an impromptu match in the leather pants and no shirt. Maybe around the time of Russo's first run. Which by the way, his first crack at WCW was much shittier than what I'm watching right now. But in truth, things were AWFUL months before he even came in. Everything after Aprilish in 1999 was horrible. Russo coming in and intentionally changing the booking style to WWF stuff was actually an improvement on how awful the shows in the few months before that were. Summer of 1999 WCW was unbearably bad. Who was booking then? Nash and Kevin Sullivan? The Nash/Macho feud from 1999 was one of the least enjoyable stretches of time I've ever had as a pro wrestling fan. And Macho is my favorite of all time.

I just watched Raw, lol holy shit (literally) who is booking this crap?

In greater news, nice to see there is gonna be a Vol. 2 of the Nitro set! :D

Best of all:

WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match
Sting vs. Diamond Dallas Page
23rd March, 1998

dbry_yes_yes.gif

Seriously.

Surprised the topic title didn't have a reference to us being worth more than a genuine Rolux, stuff Dwayne.

Haven't watched any new wrestling over the Christmas, sort of forgot about it. Did watch some older wrestling, and a TNA documentary. Wife wasn't impressed with the TNA Commentary team of Don West & Mike Tenay, simply because they didn't have a cowboy hat between them. Apparently that's how you can tell if you're a real commentator or not. So... there we go!

Kacho

Gold Member
I saw that match between the PTP and the Usos at the RAW taping and it was so good. The crowd was really into it.

The Brodus match...not so much.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Getting prepped to FINALLY watch Wrassle Kangdom VI. So ready for this, so it gets a Heavy-style post.

Woke up late, slept in
Took the dog out just now
Making some pizza
I have a good feeling about this

Ithil

I believe it was in Raw. He powerbombed her on the floor in one of the stiffest powerbombs I've ever seen. It was like a Benoit to Eddie powerbomb, but to Lita and on the floor.

Eddie powerbombs Lita on floor.

She mentions this in her book. They came up with the spot, then when testing it out in the ring, he just put her down gently instead of powerbombing he, since he didn't want to break her in two. She told him it was fine, just powerbomb her like he would anyone else, so he did, and completely winded her just from hitting it in the ring. She of course falsely told him she was completely fine, didn't hurt at all, and I'm pretty sure it cracked something in her back from doing the spot for real on the floor.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I know this has been mentioned but I wish NJPW didn't mute the music. :(

Laserfrog

I know this has been mentioned but I wish NJPW didn't mute the music. :(

Just sing and hum their themes while it's muted.

Also in my WWE 13 universe mode Darth Vader has Beth Pheonix as his manager now. And while Tiger Garry was coming out for his match with Darth, Jericho came out and hit him from behind, that's really mean.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nagata is so amazing. I love it.

EDIT: Holy shit, the Nagata match was an all out WAR. Amazing.

“The storyline will be that starting this coming Monday [for RAW], I’m gonna go back, and it’s going to be a big return. That will lead to, hopefully, what will be the biggest WrestleMania of all time at Giants Stadium. I will headline that show, with someone who I can’t say right now. We’ve got an amazing four months lined up and planned out that will culminate in the biggest WrestleMania of all time. It’s going to be a hell of a thing.”

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
“The storyline will be that starting this coming Monday [for RAW], I’m gonna go back, and it’s going to be a big return. That will lead to, hopefully, what will be the biggest WrestleMania of all time at Giants Stadium. I will headline that show, with someone who I can’t say right now. We’ve got an amazing four months lined up and planned out that will culminate in the biggest WrestleMania of all time. It’s going to be a hell of a thing.”

Undertaker vs. Rock vs. Sting

tm24

FantasticaMania lineups have been announced. Theyre being taped for SamuraiTV

FRI
1) Tama Tonga & Titán vs Euforia & Shigeo Okumura
2) Bushi, Diamante, Ryusuke Taguchi vs Ishii, Rey Escorpión, Yujiro
3) Rush vs YOSHI-HASHI
4) La Máscara, Máscara Dorada, Máximo vs Taichi, Taka Michinoku, Volador Jr.
5) Jushin Liger, Mistico, Tiger Mask vs Gedo, Jado, Mephisto
6) Prince Devitt vs Dragón Rojo Jr.
7) Hiroshi Tanahashi & La Sombra vs Misterioso Jr. & Shinsuke Nakamura

Nothing real special here at all

SAT
1) Máximo & Tama Tonga vs Taichi & Taka Michinoku
2) Jushin Liger, Tiger Mask, Titán vs Gedo, Jado, Misterioso Jr.
3) Diamante & Máscara Dorada vs Mephisto & Shigeo Okumura
4) Bushi, Prince Devitt, Ryusuke Taguchi vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI
5) Mistico vs Euforia
6) Hiroshi Tanahashi, La Máscara, Rush vs Okada, Rey Escorpión, Volador Jr.
7) Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs La Sombra [IWGP IC]

La Sombra gets awarded for his great work this past year with a spotlight match against Nakamura. He won't win, but hopefully he gets to show off his stuff. Mistico has a match against Euforia that hopefully wont expose him. Rush gets his first encounter with what should be the biggest future feud between Mexico/Japan vs Okada. This will hopefully be the first of many encounters between the two

SUN
1) Máximo vs Taichi
2) Bushi, Diamante, Jushin Liger, Máscara Dorada, Tiger Mask, Titán vs Gedo, Ishii, Jado, Misterioso Jr., Shigeo Okumura, Yoshihashi [cibernetico]
3) Rush vs Rey Escorpión
4) Dragón Rojo Jr. (c) vs La Sombra [NWA WELTER]
5) La Máscara (c) vs Volador Jr. [MEX LH]
6) Hiroshi Tanahashi, Mistico, Prince Devitt vs Euforia, Kazuchika Okada, Mephisto

Two title matches on the last day. There's no way La Sombra is losing two title matches so he winning the Welterweight title off Dragon Rojo. La Mascara vs Volador should be great, especially for La Mascara, who had a really bad match last time when the expectations on him were pretty big. The japanese crowd expected big things from someone from the Brazo family and were left with a bad taste last time out. The cibernetico should be real fun

TNA will be holding a special TV taping on January 12 featuring some names from TNA's past. Some of the confirmed former talent being used on this show are Jimmy Rave, Amazing Red, Petey Williams, and Matt Bentley. More are expected.

Jerry Lynn will also wrestle Rob Van Dam on this show as part of Lynn's retirement tour.

This show is being taped to fulfill international commitments for not having a pay-per-view in February.

Shinsuke vs La Sombra? Fuck, that sounds AWESOME!

Has Dragon Rojo Jr. shown any improvement at all? I seem to remember he was pretty horrendous at the 2011 Fantasticamania, botching a few big dives and causing the Japanese fans to laugh.

Also, lol, Jerry Lynn keeps adding dates to his retirement tour. It'll never end!

tm24

Shinsuke vs La Sombra? Fuck, that sounds AWESOME!

Has Dragon Rojo Jr. shown any improvement at all? I seem to remember he was pretty horrendous at the 2011 Fantasticamania, botching a few big dives and causing the Japanese fans to laugh.

Also, lol, Jerry Lynn keeps adding dates to his retirement tour. It'll never end!

Dragon Rojo has improved a lot, its just that he doesnt mesh with Devitt at all. He's still a few years away from being as smooth as Sombra or Volador, but he's getting better and better

Carnby

When Mr. Sandman loses our Royal Rumble bet, he will wear the avatar of my choice. Here are a few contenders.

tooth-fairy-extra_zpsb96c1308.jpg

The-Tooth-Fairy-2-surprise_zpsfaffb80c.png

Get use to them Mister Sand Man!

zychi

Banned
just saw this on reddit and couldnt stop laughing:

ibiqgWfSbeoi5R.gif

is this recent? or way back when DBrine was just in the WWE?

Top Bottom