• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Plywood you have gone on far too long with that avatar.
1357415326746dabtk.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Besides the obvious difference in game quality the most annoying thing of the post attitude era video games is the lack of gender equality. I could make a woman wrassler in most WWF games of that era and they could team with whomever they wanted, fight whomever they wanted, and win any belt they wanted.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Besides the obvious difference in game quality the most annoying thing of the post attitude era video games is the lack of gender equality. I could make a woman wrassler in most WWF games of that era and they could team with whomever they wanted, fight whomever they wanted, and win any belt they wanted.

This is the dilemma Panda currently has, it sucks!

jred2k

Hey, Sunflower, did you figure out how to make run-ins actually interfere? Last time was pretty great with the run-ins that bolted for the ring then stood there.

Gotta love those Intergender tag matches where as the male accidentally hitting a glancing blow on the female is grounds for instant DQ.
I'm not even sure if they're still in the games for that matter.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, Sunflower, did you figure out how to make run-ins actually interfere? Last time was pretty great with the run-ins that bolted for the ring then stood there.

Not exactly, no. ;(

Why didn't you think this through? YOU'RE A TERRIBLE BOOKER.

Don't get mad because you wear goofy Digimon shoes and can't draw a dollar to save your life!

Seriously, soon, like in the next couple shows, people ARE going to be dying and be shown on-air being deleted if it happens. Gonna be sweet, and a fitting end.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sunflower likes to push guys who don't even show up for practice and shake hands with the boys. Like Shark and Heavy.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Look, I can understand why you don't want men beating on women to come up when you're running for Senate, but now that I think about it this really changed before then. I think DoR was the first game I noticed it in.

It's actually more progressive and less demeaning to have women fight men on equal footing. Who cares if they aren't as strong as men? Mark Henry was literally the world's strongest man and he jobbed for a decade to comparative weaklings.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So chances of stone cold costing punk the title at the rumble

I'd expect it at Mania, or something...but not Rumble! Not yet.

Sunflower likes to push guys who don't even show up for practice and shake hands with the boys. Like Shark and Heavy.

Heavy does! And Shark's been there one week!

I'm REALLY sorry you can't seem to win a match Zordo but...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You know how I said Heavy is getting his own stipulation?

It'll be called:

HEAVY'S HOUSE

Seriously, soon, like in the next couple shows, people ARE going to be dying and be shown on-air being deleted if it happens. Gonna be sweet, and a fitting end.
Should I fear the four kings of NeoGAF? do they have such power to delete GWF wrassler existence?!
If I go out i'm going out pure cowardly heel style begging for survival.
and taking Beef with me

Look, I can understand why you don't want men beating on women to come up when you're running for Senate, but now that I think about it this really changed before then. I think DoR was the first game I noticed it in.

It's actually more progressive and less demeaning to have women fight men on equal footing. Who cares if they aren't as strong as men? Mark Henry was literally the world's strongest man and he jobbed for a decade to comparative weaklings.
Henry also jobbed to Chyna, I remember the RR99 elimination at least.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Be nice if he showed up at 20th anniversary.

hell, he couldn't make the 100th episode.

He had surgery on his legs the night before. Said he could barely walk and looked like a mess.

CM Punk looks like a mess every day, but Stone Cold can't be seen in such a way.

jmdajr

He had surgery on his legs the night before. Said he could barely walk and looked like a mess.

CM Punk looks like a mess every day, but Stone Cold can't be seen in such a way.

Yes I realize all that. But it's time to make it up!

Really, I just want him to show up cause I'll be there.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Should I fear the four kings of NeoGAF? do they have such power to delete GWF wrassler existence?!
If I go out i'm going out pure cowardly heel style begging for survival.
and taking Beef with me

They do in fact have that power. One of them at least.

I totally agree, and it's one thing I really love about CHIKARA - Sara Del Rey's run there in 2011-2012 was great as she not only got to compete on the same level as the men but look extremely competitive in doing so, to the degree that it was totally believable that she could defeat a guy like Claudio Castagnoli/Antonio Cesaro, and even challenge CHIKARA's Grand Champion Eddie Kingston.

I think it's a real shame that, for whatever reason, it didn't work out between Kharma/Amazing Kong and WWE, as she's a women's wrestler WWE might not have been so afraid to put against the men.

Novid

Banned
Will BSC game hurt RAW numbers?

I think I remember last years match up didn't do great numbers.

Alabama.
Notre Dame.

Math shows mega high ratings, ESPN cashing in.

dude are you serious. hurt numbers? they be lucky if they reach 1.9 the whole three hours.

Kaladin

I'm surprised actually that they're making this an important show with The Rock and Ryback vs Punk. Going up against the BCS should be a throw-away show, but I guess they can't do that with the 20th anniversary show next week.

In the attitude era it was stupid shit with men beating on women for no reason and getting cheered for it. Rather than scaling it back to allowing women athletes to be competitive in their stupid fake sport they just dropped them out of the "real" programming altogether.

It's rather absurd that by 2013 we've only had one woman to win a belt outside of the division (excluding the Hardcore title). It's also stupid that the rare time women are entered in the Royal Rumble get that shocked "What's she doing here???" reaction.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
In the attitude era it was stupid shit with men beating on women for no reason and getting cheered for it. Rather than scaling it back to allowing women athletes to be competitive in their stupid fake sport they just dropped them out of the "real" programming altogether.

It's rather absurd that by 2013 we've only had one woman to win a belt outside of the division (excluding the Hardcore title). It's also stupid that the rare time women are entered in the Royal Rumble get that shocked "What's she doing here???" reaction.

Bugs me too. And Beth Phoenix was perfect to help bridge the gap that Chyna had left behind. Hellaciously strong, awesome, a legit role model - reduced to coming out to kiss Khali.

Ahhh, so much hope. Then Vince gets to pee on me.

3Z5g9.jpg

You should photoshop that into "Flower's bad, awful day." But since The Rock is coming back, it'll be a great day! He's better than Batista and Brotista combined.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Natalya is the one that I always wish they would let fight against the men. In Stamped, ECCW, and just sparing for OVW/FCW/Deep South, she has put on some good matches against men with strength and allowed to show off all that technical skills she has that WWE seems afraid to let slip through on television outside of NXT.

Now I'm sad. I need to rewatch a Chikara Trio or HUSTLE to see a good women vs men match. To the Dailymotion machine.

Because The Rock is the Greatest of All Time. He's the only reason why I'm even bothering to watch Raw Shitshow tonight. Not like there's anybody else to care about on the roster.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can see why he'd think that. Rock was turned into what he is today by Owen, the greatest of all time. Stone Cold too. What a man.

Boy, I can't wait for the Rock to come out tonight and waste ten minutes going through his checklist of 'Chant Along With Rock' catchphrases.

Finally...

Top Bottom