• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

Kaitlyn is so top tier.

PPV hun, you got this at the PPV! 6th times the charm!

I thought she was gonna join The Shield with that outfit.

Aiii

So not worth it
Kaitlyn is amazing, it's like she improves every match she has. Same goes for Eve, though that started earlier in 2012.

Then again, these past months is the first time they actually had their wrestle a bit longer matches that actually had a few wrestling moves, so I guess it's only to be expected.

I'm hoping Kaitlyn takes the belt for a feud with AJ into WrestleMania, it would be amazing to actually have a women's feud with backstory. Though both of them deserve a better looking belt than that Divas one, it's by far their worst belt.
And that's saying something, when you look at the designs of every other belt with the exception of the Big Gold Belt and the IC Title.

Aiii

So not worth it
426804_10151227756911443_2055604819_n.jpg

That's just adorable.

FyreWulff

Looks about right, could possibly be the house show belt if they had an extended-belt one on Show.

Man, I remember when both Punk and Cena had the WWE title and it was very obvious Cena had the house show belt

Aiii

So not worth it
Noticed they were using the smaller belt for Show a month or so ago, so probably yeah.

Expecting Ziggler to cash in on monday, gonna expect Show gets his rematch there, kills Del Rio, etc. I already thought it was really weird they suddenly blew off the Cena/Ziggler feud with that extremely decisive win by Cenaon Raw. I guess their plans changed over the past two weeks and they needed to get this done quickly.

Just when it felt like Big Show was a formidable threat and actually getting over quite well with me it's time for him to head flying back down the card like Kane and Henry before him.

Such an odd person to hand a victory to, I think Vince loves ADR just a bit too much.

ADR jobs all year to Sheamus just to randomly win now out of no where?

I hate Smackdown cause it always gets spoiled, I actually watch it every week and its so bad something 'surprising' like that would have been nice. :(

Aiii

So not worth it
That picture popped up in my Facebook feed, watcha gonna do.

Sorry if you got spoiled, but it's fair game when wwe.com announces it in my book.

Jamie OD

Oh, collusion! This just in from the PWG Twitter:

Even though he's injured, El Generico insists on being at PWG for DDT4! He's back in the tournament with Kevin Steen!

Wasn't blaming you guys, I read it elsewhere already. Just saying it would have been nice to actually be surprised, thats why I hate taped shit. :(

I wanna read/talk about Raw stuff from yesterday and SD already getting dissected.

Kyoufu

No man, The Rock is a monster. He really did make Punk look like a guy who had jumped the barriers. If it had been for the microphone in his hand, I'd have laughed at Punk.

How does Rock compare to Cena? I thought Punk looked ok in front of Cena but looks small in front of Rock.

Hoarr

Neo Member
That picture popped up in my Facebook feed, watcha gonna do.

Sorry if you got spoiled, but it's fair game when wwe.com announces it in my book.

A guy over at our site is getting people pissed off at him for posting a photo of ADR with the belt. As far as I'm concerned, if WWE announces it, it's fair game, but I can see why people get all pissy.

By the time Friday rolls around, they will have already Facebook'd, Tweet'd, and Tout'd Alberto as the new champ. Weird tactic to get viewers.

Aiii

So not worth it
A guy over at our site is getting people pissed off at him for posting a photo of ADR with the belt. As far as I'm concerned, if WWE announces it, it's fair game, but I can see why people get all pissy.

By the time Friday rolls around, they will have already Facebook'd, Tweet'd, and Tout'd Alberto as the new champ. Weird tactic to get viewers.

Not that weird. Many people will tune in for a title change, esp. when it's one of the major two titles. Just to see it.

It all stems back to Mick Foley.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly

They've been doing this spoiler shit to long enough it must have some kind of positive effect for them.

Hoarr

Neo Member
They've been doing this spoiler shit to long enough it must have some kind of positive effect for them.

I wonder if that's actually true. I guess I find it weird since I don't really care that much for ADR winning WHC or even Kofi winning the IC belt. Didn't they also spoil Swagger going over Jericho too?

Dang wish I didn't know that about SD, but oh well. I remember last year on SD when I thought Daniel Bryan won the title from Mark Henry, I was freaking out. Only the have the rug pulled out from under me :(

Anyway, I like Del Rio. He was getting stale and boring as a heel, but this may have rejuvenated him. And we all know he should have beaten Edge at WM two years ago for the title, the only reason he didn't was because Edge was retiring. And then they shoe-horned the WWE title on him, and that just didn't work at all.

So I kinda like this move, let's see what they do with it. Probably a feud with Ziggler, and I'm ok with that.

Aiii

So not worth it
I wonder if that's actually true. I guess I find it weird since I don't really care that much for ADR winning WHC or even Kofi winning the IC belt. Didn't they also spoil Swagger going over Jericho too?

Anecdotal maybe, but I for one have been phoning in my Smackdown viewing. I skip ahead a bunch of times and watch the entire show in 10-15 minutes tops nowadays.

This week I'll probably watch the whole thing minus the Raw recaps, with Rock being advertised and this title change.

Anecdotal maybe, but I for one have been phoning in my Smackdown viewing. I skip ahead a bunch of times and watch the entire show in 10-15 minutes tops nowadays.

This week I'll probably watch the whole thing minus the Raw recaps, with Rock being advertised and this title change.

See, that's the thing. They've already got The Rock as the hook for this week. That should have been enough for people to tune in, right? Then they watch and 'wow title change!'... I better watch next week. If only it wasn't taped.

strobogo

Banned
Dang wish I didn't know that about SD, but oh well. I remember last year on SD when I thought Daniel Bryan won the title from Mark Henry, I was freaking out. Only the have the rug pulled out from under me :(

Anyway, I like Del Rio. He was getting stale and boring as a heel, but this may have rejuvenated him. And we all know he should have beaten Edge at WM two years ago for the title, the only reason he didn't was because Edge was retiring. And then they shoe-horned the WWE title on him, and that just didn't work at all.

So I kinda like this move, let's see what they do with it. Probably a feud with Ziggler, and I'm ok with that.

I don't think Edge won at WM because they knew he was retiring. They were already building up for the rematch ladder match at Extreme Rules when he had to retire. I assume ADR was probably going to win the title there, but everything got changed when Edge went down. Which actually makes the decision to have Edge retain at Wrestlemania even worse. That completely stalled out ADR's career. He still hasn't recovered from that, title or no title. Just a terrible booking choice.

Also, did they even mention on Raw that Rock would be on Smackdown this week? I don't remember seeing even a bumper graphic of The Rock returns to Smackdown or any mention of it from the announcers or Rock. You'd think they'd hype the shit out of that, but they didn't at all as far as I know. I don't even think it was on WWE.com.

Aiii

So not worth it
The wonder of the world is gone I know for sure
All the wonder that I want I found in her

As the whole becomes a part I strike to burn
And no flame returns

Every intuition fails to find it's way
One more table turned around I'm back again

Finding I'm more lost and found when she's not around
When she's not around I feel it coming down

Give me what I could never ask for
Connect me and you could be my chemical NOW

Give me the drug you know I'm after
Connect me and you could be my chemical

When everybody wants you (the chemical goes slow)

When everybody wants you (the chemical gets...)

Slow and
Everybody wants you
So
Slow and
Everybody wants your soul

Give me what I could never ask for
connect me and you could be my chemical NOW

Give me the drug you know I'm after
Connect me and you could be the chemical

You could be the chemical

Best Kane theme?

Best Kane theme.

Aiii

So not worth it
Not what he's saying, people are complaining about him and Lawler snickering in the background.

Might have been legit this time, but in the past there's plenty of times where they were faking it to sell a promo that wasn't really funny at all. Guess people are saying the same now and to be honest, I was thinking it as well.

heh,..last panel

Capcom vs. WWE, I'd love that.

Ithil

They must have put together their planned major matches for WM29 at last, and are now rushing to get them in place by the Royal Rumble where their builds are supposed to start.

Ziggler/Cena seems to have been ended very suddenly (thank god, that little mini table needs room to grow away from Cena), Show losing the belt suddenly, etc.

Aiii

So not worth it
Curious about ratings. Do we know how Raw did?

Nothing yet.

Cable television ratings from Monday night were delayed this week and should be available later today (Wednesday afternoon).

In what has to be seen as a good sign for WWE, the college football BCS National Championship game that aired on ESPN opposite RAW was a blowout and their ratings reflected it. The show peaked at a 20.0 rating at the 9:30pm (EST) hour, but then dipped to a 15.0 rating by 10:00pm. This is when the game clearly became a blowout - and it's when WWE aired the TLC match for the WWE Championship featuring CM Punk vs. Ryback.

After the blowout BCS game returned from halftime, their rating dipped from a 16.0 to a 13.0 by the time RAW was over. The show-closing segment featuring CM Punk vs. The Rock was going up against the lowest-rated quarter hour of the BCS game (13.0 rating), so hopefully RAW's ratings reflect a strong showing by WWE.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I remember this, I really liked this match even though it's slow compared to modern standards - of course, old school psychology and working the crowd how they did was a hallmark of that time. Great match.

Kaitlyn looks fucking hot wearing all black.

Yeah, I haven't given much of a shit about any female in WWE with the exception of Beth Phoenix for a long time. Sigh...can she top Madusa at her prime?

I only watch Smackdown when I have a Hulu plus trial active. I actually used it a ton when I had it, but there really wasn't anything but WWE that I couldn't watch without Plus. But I guess that's why I didn't know about Show fucking with Ricardo.

The Ricardo/ADR bromance has really been by the most enjoyable part of ADR for the past year and a half. And so weird considering they're heels, but are clearly bros till the end regardless of disposition. They could turn it into the most tasteful gay angle in wrestling history and I'd be so happy to see them get married. But I'd for real get sad if ADR turned on Ricardo.

For maximum lols, Show will regain the title at the Rumble and Dolph will cash in there

I really like the Chimaera idea where Ricardo fights evil but is an evil dude's manservant, but with a facey Del Rio that's not exactly possible. However those two should still stick together - I don't think it's worn out its welcome yet.

Top Bottom