• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

Aiii

So not worth it
Speaking of women's wrestling (smackdown spoiler)
AJ actually gets to hit a Sliced Bread #2 on Natalya this week instead of suprise roll-up.
That hasn't happened in half a year at least.

I really like the Chimaera idea where Ricardo fights evil but is an evil dude's manservant, but with a facey Del Rio that's not exactly possible. However those two should still stick together - I don't think it's worn out its welcome yet.

Chimeara vs. R-Truth on the Smackdown European Tour was one of the highlights for me. Shame nobody in the crowd seemed to realise it was Ricardo.

---
Not sure if this was posted already:
WWE Hall of Famer Superstar Billy Graham is upset with WWE Champion CM Punk for his promo on Monday's RAW from Tampa. Graham posted the following on his Facebook:

"IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR CM PUNK

I watch the last hour of WWE Raw last night. It was the worst excuse for a show I have ever seen! My agent Scott is tight with legendary World Champion Bruno Sammartino. Scott has told me that WWE has been calling Brunno regularly begging him to go into the Hall of Fame. Bruno has been polite but has always said no thank you.

Tonight on RAW for the last 45 minutes of the show all they did was have CM PUNK talk, talk and more talk! The killer line came when Vince had Punk putting over his 314 straight days as world champ and then said and I quote, ” you had people like Burno Sammartino , only wrestled in Madison Square Garden only wrestled one a month.”

This was by far the biggest put down of Bruno ever. Why would WWE have Punk say that about someone they have been begging to go into the Hall of Fame for untold years? When that teenager looking CM Punk made that statement he was also talking about me, Ivan Koloff , Stan Hanson etc. Find the re run and listen closely and answer me this my Facebook friends – How can they justify putting down a real icon like this, and not get called out on it?

Any news sites can quote me on my statement below:

CM Punk, I have lost all respect for you for nor saying no to the writers of the WWE for saying Bruno Sammartino only wrestled once a month in Madison Square Garden. You talk about one of the greatest icons ever in pro wrestling like he was a JOBBER??? You should be ashamed of yourself for not having the self-dignity to say NO to the writers on that line. That line you delivered indicates that I am a big loser like Bruno as well and insults me as I wrestled in the same era as Bruno. This only confirms more that I want my name out of the WWE Hall of Fame.

How many monthly sell outs have you yourself drawn at Madison Square Garden? Not a PPV or the Raw TV show. Quit talking trash about Bruno. It’s an insult to him and all the wrestlers of his era including myself!

Superstar Billy Graham"

As noted earlier, Superstar Billy Graham is upset with CM Punk for his promo on Monday's RAW. Paul Heyman commented on Graham's rant via Twitter:

"I think @CMPunk should defend the title on Hall of Fame Night at #MSG against Superstar Billy Graham! Hey Vince ... Be the FLESH PEDDLING PROMOTER we all know you are ... BOOK IT!!! Hogan. Flair. Superstar. All great. @CMPunk #BestInTheWorld. That includes you, @TheRock! @WWE #Rumble"

Guess it's all still real to Billy Graham dammit!

DMczaf

Apparently Punk cut a via satellite promo for Smackdown.....

530605_10151281160304888_209080029_n.jpg

omg

We're going to get a full month of God Tier Punk.

DMczaf

This just makes me more upset that we have to continue waiting for Punk/Austin.

If Punk is this good for The Rock, imagine Austin...

ibqut9SiLUz2nV.gif

Kyoufu

Punk made Rock look so outdated and one dimensional, but somehow Rock still looks good on the mic even with his lame ass schtick.

Both are legends. Love this feud.

BUT there is no way they'll keep it going for another 2 weeks.

Aiii

So not worth it
Punk made Rock look so outdated and one dimensional, but somehow Rock still looks good on the mic even with his lame ass schtick.

Both are legends. Love this feud.

BUT there is no way they'll keep it going for another 2 weeks.

All the way to WrestleMania baby!

I watched Raw last night. The Punk Rock stuff at the end was gold. When Punk said "your arms are to short ro box with God." Holy crap that was awesome.

Edit: wow, the post above me sums it up perfect. Haha.

Aiii

So not worth it
And I've only just realised the title is "January WrassleGAF" instead of "January Wrasslin'".

This is unsettling, I dislike change!

Kyoufu

So can we end the debate of "could Punk make it in the Attitude Era?" with a resounding yes?

Also Ziggler needs to put a smile on his face and cash in on Del Rio.

edit: wait, is Del Rio a face now?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
And I've only just realised the title is "January WrassleGAF" instead of "January Wrasslin'".

This is unsettling, I dislike change!

My fault - I keep thinking we as a community are more than This Business.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
aaaaaaaaaaahahaha that's a wonderful comment

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Top Bottom