• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

Aiii

So not worth it
Viewership data is in for Monday's live WWE RAW and despite stiff competition from the college football BCS National Championship game on ESPN, RAW rang in 2013 with a very strong showing.

Monday's WWE RAW featuring the return of The Rock and CM Punk vs. Ryback in a TLC match drew 4.42 million viewers. This is up a sharp 900,000 viewers from the previous week's (taped) New Year's Eve broadcast, making it the most-watched RAW since August 27th.

Hourly viewership was as follows:

Hour 1: 4,290,000
Hour 2: 4,320,000
Hour 3: 4,650,000

As you can see, RAW finally broke the streak of losing viewers in the third hour of the show. What's even more impressive is that the BCS National Championship game drew a staggering 26.38 million viewers.

DMczaf

Monday's WWE RAW featuring the return of The Rock and CM Punk vs. Ryback in a TLC match drew 4.42 million viewers. This is up a sharp 900,000 viewers from the previous week's (taped) New Year's Eve broadcast, making it the most-watched RAW since August 27th.

untitled-276plua.gif

strobogo

Banned
Oh my god guys, I started to watch another episode of Nitro last night/early this morning, but didn't finish it before I went to bed. It led to the most intense and awful wrestling dream I've ever had.

It started at a dinner party where this cute daughter of the woman at the table I was sitting at did a performance of something as a ballerina with a guitar. Then she sat down at our table. I really enjoyed the performance, so I was going to ask her out. The next thing I know, this party is now outside on a beach. I was doing crosswords and she asked me if anyone ever finishes them. I said I think a lot people get the books and finish all of them except for 2-3 words. She bumps into someone behind her, and it was none other than PAUL ROMA, and that fuckhead straight up macked on this girl right in front of me and got a date right before I asked. So naturally, I wasn't very happy at this point. Cut to a few minutes later when I made a "Hogans fuck anything" joke while Kidman was around. Horace got pissed at me and knocked me down, and I somehow got Paul Roma confused with 1991 WCW Ric Flair. But this Hogan joke from Kidman led to me being outcast by the Armenian community. I don't think the Bolleas are Armenian, but I'm pretty sure they were in this dream. And no offense to any Armenians in Wrasslegaf, but they rode donkeys. Which trampled me when I was dumped into Little Armenia in my city (my city does not have a little Armenia) and heckled along the way.

I came up from the river banks and who did I see? Motherfucking Billy Kidman. I confront him and say that we're going to have a meeting with Eric right now and one with the Hogans later. Kidman says okay okay, but something is off, and he bolts. I get a phone call from Hulk telling me to meet him at his house right now. Well as it turned out, I was right next to Hulk's house. I climbed over a moat/pool and went right up to the top of the place where I found Hall and Nash. I tore something up and told Kevin to make sure Hulk knew that was for Kidman. Then the Hogans arrive and we discover that little fucking Kidman has been playing both sides for his own gain. Horace went to find Kidman from where the last phone call came from. He may or may not have been passed out drunk at a wedding. Then it kind of ended.

Dear Wrasslegaf, I don't want to dream about Horace Hogan ever again. This was a true dream, too.

time to bring out the WWE name generator then?

Bill Basic
Common Clive
Pedestrian Pete
Mr Vanilla

Actually all of those are too good for the WWE name generator, prepare for Frederick Hutchinson.

You're forgetting that he's French Canadian. Prepare for Pierre McKenzie, gay lumberjack

king zell

Great list of matches :)

Bret Hart: The Dungeon Collection DVD

DISC ONE
A Real Privilege

Untapped Resources

My Backyard

2-out of-3 Falls Match for the British Commonwealth Jr. Heavyweight Championship
Bret Hart vs. Dynamite Kid
Stampede Wrestling • December 1978

World Tour

Bret Hart vs. Buzz Sawyer
Georgia Championship Wrestling • September 1979

A Lot of Promise

North American Heavyweight Championship Match
Bret Hart vs. Leo Burke
Stampede Wrestling • January 1983

The Best It Gets

Bret Hart vs. Dynamite Kid
Capital Centre • September 14, 1985

Energy

WWE Tag Team Championship Match
Hart Foundation vs. The Islanders
Philadelphia Spectrum • March 14, 1987

A Sign of Respect

Bret Hart vs. Andre the Giant
Milan, Italy • April 10, 1989

The Right Formula

Bret Hart vs. Mr. Perfect
Maple Leaf Gardens • April 23, 1989

DISC TWO
This Is For Us

Hart Foundation vs. The Twin Towers
Duluth, Minnesota • May 17, 1989

The Greatest Super-Card of All-Time

Bret Hart vs. Tiger Mask II
WWE / New Japan / All Japan Wrestling Summit • April 13, 1990

Change of the Guard

Intercontinental Championship Match
Bret Hart vs. Ric Flair
New Haven, Connecticut • November 13, 1991

On the Threshold of Greatness

Bret Hart vs. Undertaker
Madison Square Garden • January 31, 1992

The Best Big Man

Bret Hart vs. Bam Bam Bigelow
Milan, Italy • April 25, 1993

DISC THREE
Evolution at That Time

WWE Championship Match
Bret Hart vs. Diesel
King of the Ring • June 19, 1994

Masterpieces

No Holds Barred
Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart
RAW • March 27, 1995

Powerhouse

Bret Hart vs. Jean-Pierre Lafitte
In Your House • September 24, 1995

Time Off

Bret Hart vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin
Sun City Superbowl • September 14, 1996

Simultaneously a Hero and a Rat

WWE Championship Match
Bret Hart vs. The Patriot
In Your House: Ground Zero • September 7, 1997

Wrestling Injured

WCW United States Championship Match
Bret Hart vs. Booker T
WCW Monday Nitro • January 25, 1999

Misjudging Sting

Semi-Finals Match for the WCW Championship
Bret Hart vs. Sting
WCW Mayhem • November 21, 1999

Trip Through Memory Lane

BLU-RAY EXCLUSIVES
Dream Matches

Travel Schedule

Sleeping on a Plane

Survivor Series with Bob Backlund

Masked Man

Trumpet Sound

Customs with Owen

Lost at Sea

Prized Possession

Two of the Best in Japan

Super Skilled, Super Athletic

WWE Championship Match
Bret Hart vs. Yokozuna
White Plains, New York • November 29, 1993

Doing It Old School

Bret Hart & British Bulldog vs. Owen Hart & Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart
Albany, New York • October 19, 1994

A Good Soul

Bret Hart vs. Hakushi
RAW • July 24, 1995

Cement Truck

WWE Championship Match
Bret Hart vs. Vader
Friday Night's Main Event • August 29, 1997

The Artist

Favourites

Ithil

While we're on the topic of deebas, I'm going to give a Most Improved of 2013 Award to Kaitlyn for doing the best Reverse DDT I've ever seen.*

*It should be noted that I've always hated that move and think it looks stupid, but I really like her take on it.

What, you don't like the "fall backwards with no force and your opponent falling from a lower height than you" move?

Aiii

So not worth it
i thought last month wresslegaf hated AJ. why we posting athletic AJ gifs?

Because I will always champion AJ.

Also because AJ and Ziggler are great together.

Also because Heel AJ is best AJ.

And finally, because AJ!

Now step in line before I go Full Cranky Vince Mode.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
AJ sucks.

Also the Carbon Footprint is better.

bangai-o

Banned
Stinger is best at reverse DDT. Especially when chairs are involved.

that reminds me. Damien Sandow did a horrible russian leg sweep last Raw. what the heck is so hard for anyone to hook the leg? Is Bret Hart really the only one that hooks the leg?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man I like Anarchy Reigns a lot, but there's no denying the game is half-junk.

somedevil

So its basically now confirmed that El Generico has signed with WWE due to Triple H wanting him:

WWE has signed El Generico to a deal, PWInsider.com confirmed this morning. As we noted several months back, the company has had interest in him and it's been Generico's goal since not signing with Ring of Honor to get into the company.
One of the reasons WWE was so interested in Generico was that he speaks a number of different languages. The feeling was that would in handy as an asset for international markets.

Generico was removed from this weekend's Pro Wrestling Guerrilla event in California and it appears may already be done on the independent scene. He returned to Ring of Honor at Final Battle 2012 in what may prove to be his last-ever match with longtime partner/rival Kevin Steen.

Generico's signing is said to be part of a bigger WWE plan as the company has a number of names on their radar that they want to lock in for deals. I am told it's a Triple H move and that there will be a lot more signings to come, as long as those the company are interested in can pass the necessary medical exams

I wonder who else they are interested? I know they are talking to Shelton Benjamin, maybe MVP and Okada?

While we're on the topic of deebas, I'm going to give a Most Improved of 2013 Award to Kaitlyn for doing the best Reverse DDT I've ever seen.*

*It should be noted that I've always hated that move and think it looks stupid, but I really like her take on it.

Hers is so good, it could be a legit finisher...if they'd stop everyone else from doing terrible-looking versions of it.

What, you don't like the "fall backwards with no force and your opponent falling from a lower height than you" move?

She swings over and drives her whole body into it, presumably putting all her force into driving the oppenent's head down to the mat. So it's way better. Why everybody doesn't execute DDTs in a similar fashion (foreword or reverse) is a mystery to me.

kaitscorpdd1suyw.gif

The little move she does to cinch it up tight is rad as hell too. Details.

with the influx of all this talent i wonder how they will manage it all. they hgave too much talent to make random ass tag teams.

They could make SMackdown a mor new talent( kind of like NXT) show in order to show case them.

Ithil

So its basically now confirmed that El Generico has signed with WWE due to Triple H wanting him:

I wonder who else they are interested? I know they are talking to Shelton Benjamin, maybe MVP and Okada?

I wonder if they're interested in Kevin Steen, too.

Anyway, I'm really hyped for this signing. Generico is absolute gold, I just hope they let him keep his gimmick, it's perfect for WWE already.

Ithil

Hers is so good, it could be a legit finisher...if they'd stop everyone else from doing terrible-looking versions of it.

She swings over and drives her whole body into it, presumably putting all her force into driving the oppenent's head down to the mat. So it's way better.

kaitscorpdd1suyw.gif

Er, I know that
Kaitlyn's at least looks like it has some force in it.

I was talking about to normal reverse DDT.

KissVibes

Banned
When Triple H takes over officially, it'll be a golden era (in compassion to now). Say what you want about his burial of talent while he was active roster but he has a mind for the business and knows good pro wrestling.

I'm hoping the cruserweight title is coming this year.

with the influx of all this talent i wonder how they will manage it all. they hgave too much talent to make random ass tag teams.

They could make SMackdown a mor new talent( kind of like NXT) show in order to show case them.

Bunch of current dudes are getting shitcanned this year and all these new and returning faces just give them more to work with. Imagine a world where titles matter again and don't have just the same 5 guys circling each other. I man shit, both the IC and US titles look like they matter again! Legitimate champions! We're slowly going into another great age of pro wrestling.

Top Bottom