• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

I get what they're trying to do (show reaction shots and make things more personal) but they're like a second slow on cutting and it means they aren't doing anything

Last night's CMLL was pretty good

I love these old motherfuckers going from the world's laziest irish whips and armdrags to better suicide dives than Ambrose

The sounds of the crowd, the hard camera, and the panning shots after breaks should be enough to know the crowd is excited, but I guess they're self conscious that sometimes the crowd surrounding the ring is sitting on their hands a lot of the time, I guess they think pointing out two semi-interested children in the crowd makes a difference.

The whole thing is a mistake that I hope they give up on soon.

rSTriJg.jpg

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
WK11 is my first NJPW event I've ever watched. It's so refreshing to just hear the crowd reacting to the stuff in the ring and not doing stupid chants all the time. Also this is a pretty good show. Makes me want to get in to NJPW.

Pikma

Banned
I remember a bunch of people here making fun of Neville's ears/face/height, and of course Corbin's belly button, so it's no surprise they're body shaming Hero

Ruffled some jimmies over on Wreddit by calling out E&C for their terrible shirt.

What are the must have streaming sites for the indies? WK got me hooked again

Can't recommend Progress enough. British Monsoon was talking it up for so long and I finally decided to jump and it's been a ton of fun.

I recommend pirating everything and never supporting promotions ever

Pick a couple promotions you like and subscribe to their streaming site, that's the future

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I recommend pirating everything and never supporting promotions ever

Pick a couple promotions you like and subscribe to their streaming site, that's the future
I watched WK11 on youtube...

Is the NJPW World app in english? Because on the page on the app store it's in Japanese. I really wouldn't want to use something that's hard to navigate because I cant read it.

I watched WK11 on youtube...

Is the NJPW World app in english? Because on the page on the app store it's in Japanese. I really wouldn't want to use something that's hard to navigate because I cant read it.

Yeah it has an English section and the major shows starting from a year or two ago have English commentary

Wreddit had their own 'Carnies' or 'Smarkies" and their results are actually better than ours.

They have an actual answer for 'worst wrestler of the year' Titus won, Revival v DIY wins best match, CWC is the best event, & The Miz is the best heel.
I was confused for a moment on what the September 5th Raw and how bad it was to win worst event until I saw in the comments that it was the Old Day + Sasha retirement promo Raw.

God the Old Day segment was awful.

Finally had time to watch WK after avoiding wrestling media and wrasslegaf since WEDNESDAY (boss was ill so had to work long days and was too tired for a 5hr show).

Fantastic show. Cody match sucked as I knew it would, but all the matches I was looking foward to delivered. Kamaitachi match was great, Shibata match was great, Naito match was great, and the championship match was incredible. Even had Toru Yano picking up a belt. Loved that LIJ ended with all the titles they were able to.

Only slightly sour note was that Omega didn't win. If he had that'd have been my favourite PPV in god knows how long.

Oh, and Omega's Terminator entrance was 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times better then HHH's was.

Pikma

Banned
At this point Emmalina has to be one of the worst handled debuts/re-introductions in the history of Raw, right?

Omega not winning makes sense if he was going to take some time off anyway at least.

Yeah I understand that from a booking point of view, but I wanted to see the guy win, so it does end the show on a bit of a bum note.

At this point Emmalina has to be one of the worst handled debuts/re-introductions in the history of Raw, right?

According to meltz it's a rib at this point.

Hopefully they just have her come back as evil emma now.

Give a hoot. Read a book.

Top Bottom