• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

🔫🔫
NBUdpq8l.png

Caderfix

After 5 year with lots of happy moments and numerous plans for the future, my fianceé and I just broke up. In the span of 4 months I lost 2 grandparents, my mother was diagnosed with cancer and the person I thought would be part of my future is no longer part if my life, all while my home and family are all the way on the other side of the planet.

Man, taking that ring off of my finger hurt so bad.

The Emma stuff might be worse than something like Kizarny because it's someone that people actually want to see

Even worse because Raw's women's division is a joke

Pikma

Banned
After 5 year with lots of happy moments and numerous plans for the future, my fianceé and I just broke up. In the span of 4 months I lost 2 grandparents, my mother was diagnosed with cancer and the person I thought would be part of my future is no longer part if my life, all while my home and family are all the way on the other side of the planet.

I'm so sorry to hear this Caderfix :(
I know it's gonna be pretty difficult but I really hope you bounce back asap

I wish you and your family the best!

DMczaf

We got you fam. It will get better.

Avatar Rumble will be dedicated to you

I'm sorry to hear about this, Caderfix. I hope everything turns out alright for you in the end.

I also really hope your mother gets better as well.

Beefy

Damn man, don't know what to say. Hopefully your mum recovers as my cousin did and you splitting from your wife ends with you finding some one else who cares for you. Take care!

Syder

Sorry to hear that, man.

XEd9Ddq.gif

So Alvarez says after watching WK11 a lot of WWE creative really want to make sure the WM main event is a amazing match.

The fact that isnt the goal for every wrestlemania main event is LOL

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So Alvarez says after watching WK11 a lot of WWE creative really want to make sure the WM main event is a amazing match.

the only way to achieve that would be to have at least AJ in it. Because he would literally kill himself in the ring if needed to make it look good.

DMczaf

But for real they need AJ in the main event if they want that outcome.

But who can get a 6 star match with him legit? Nakamura ? HBK? Brock?

Zach

Fine! I'll watch the Okado/Omego match on YouTube!

P.S. Caderfix, my man, sorry to hear about your struggles. It will no doubt get better, just hang in there.

klonere

Banned
Letting Omega go would be an all timer massive mistake on NJPW's part in a year they want to run the US in. Without Kenny, those shows fall apart drawing wise imo.

He's staying. I'll avatar bet it or some shit.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

We were on a mini roll of good WM final matches in the network era before last years, which I found to be one of the worst WM main events.

Heroman

Banned
Letting Omega go would be an all timer massive mistake on NJPW's part in a year they want to run the US in. Without Kenny, those shows fall apart drawing wise imo.

He's staying. I'll avatar bet it or some shit.
Gedo wouldn't have done the Omega push of he didn't believe or know Kenny was staying, not after last year.

Just put AJ vrs Nakamura on the card would be a sure fire classic but Nakamura will probably be in NXT jail for another year.

Plus knowing WWE creative, if they want the main event to be the good match they will probably just make sure the undercard sucks extra.

You could add AJ to Cena vrs Undertaker and give that match the spice it probably needs since Taker is a sack of brittle bones right now but I dont think they would want to detract from the "Cena vrs Undertaker" marketing of it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
A 5* match cannot happen in 2017 WWE.

I'd take AJ/Roman or AJ/Cena.

Well yeah, they'd have to perform at the Tokyo Dome to get those 55555 stars.

Think about this for a mind bender, the 2011 WWE roster, a much worse group overall, had a 5 star match.

DMczaf

AJ would bump like his life depended on it to get a great match out of HBK or Taker in 2017. Guaranteed 4.5 stars just out of sheer will

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Not really, we just got extremely lucky with WM30. 29, 31, and 32 all sucked.

31's main event is a banger friend. Underrated show in total but that main event proves Romanian Reigns got the stuff. He's in fact usually money in big matches and awful everywhere else. His 32 Stinkfest with HHH though is what really taints his record.

Caderfix

I'm so sorry to hear this Caderfix :(
I know it's gonna be pretty difficult but I really hope you bounce back asap

I wish you and your family the best!

We got you fam. It will get better.

Avatar Rumble will be dedicated to you

I'm sorry to hear about this, Caderfix. I hope everything turns out alright for you in the end.

I also really hope your mother gets better as well.

Damn man, don't know what to say. Hopefully your mum recovers as my cousin did and you splitting from your wife ends with you finding some one else who cares for you. Take care!

Sorry to hear that, man.

XEd9Ddq.gif

Thank you all. I really appreciate it :)

Fine! I'll watch the Okado/Omego match on YouTube!

P.S. Caderfix, my man, sorry to hear about your struggles. It will no doubt get better, just hang in there.

It'll be your first A+.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Well yeah, they'd have to perform at the Tokyo Dome to get those 55555 stars.

Think about this for a mind bender, the 2011 WWE roster, a much worse group overall, had a 5 star match.
That's what happens when you take the two biggest stars in the company, book a feud that makes sense for an actual month, and place them in a match with 15,000 Chi-town marks screaming their asses off.

Another five-star match COULD happen in 2017 WWE, it's just incredibly unlikely. MITB was lightning in a bottle that they couldn't even get to last past SummerSlam.

There's only one right opponent for AJ.

And that's the Game-uh.

Cena vs Styles main event for Wrestlemania is their safest bet at getting a very good match and a main event that isn't shit on.

Bronx-Man

Banned
31 sucked? Okay, the wrestling wasn't 'great' but it wasn't close to being on the shit-tier level of 29 and 32.
That still doesn't make it entertaining. I'm not gonna praise a R-Truth vs Primo match just because it wasn't quite as shit as a Titus O'Neil vs Big Show match.

Yeah I understand that from a booking point of view, but I wanted to see the guy win, so it does end the show on a bit of a bum note.

According to meltz it's a rib at this point.

Hopefully they just have her come back as evil emma now.

Give a hoot. Read a book.

I hope it is Evil Emma and I hope they allow her to shoot (okay, worked shoot) promo on all the bullshit she's had to deal with since she first came up, including being saddled with the anchor that was the Santino angle.

I hope it is Evil Emma and I hope they allow her to shoot (okay, worked shoot) promo on all the bullshit she's had to deal with since she first came up, including being saddled with the anchor that was the Santino angle.
I would mark out if Emmalina ended up being like Seven and she has an overly elaborate entrance when she debuts only to do a worked shoot on how shit the gimmick is

Fox318

Watching the Dome Show on NJPW world. First time really watching a NJPW show from start to finish.

Bone Soldier is the worst thing save for Cody Rhodes that I've ever seen in the ring.

Top Bottom