• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Watching the Grado vs Tracy Smothers match is the wrestling equivalent of feeling yourself going insane. It's like, fifty fucking minutes long. FIFTY.
As someone who likes Grado, and who's formative years were spent going to 1PW and watching Tracy Smothers dance offs, should I subject myself to this match?

dream

C1iJdO5UsAAA-4W.jpg

wowwwwwwwww

As someone who likes Grado, and who's formative years were spent going to 1PW and watching Tracy Smothers dance offs, should I subject myself to this match?

Yeah, it sounds right up your alley tbh! I love Tracy, but sometimes though it's just like "OMG, he's STILL got the mic! Why isn't anyone stopping this?!" haha.

Browny

Banned
Hero does 2 or 3 months on NXT and house shows, he'll be looking fine.

It is a little concerning for the long term that the past handful of acquisitions or main eventers are mid 30s and over. Joe, Roode, Strong (?), Aries, Nak, now Hero. I know they're all in their prime, but surely they should be looking at people a little younger, for a decent 2-3 year run in NXT mid card before moving them up or onwards.

Agent Singh

Neo Member
Anyone know if there's a way of saving or pinning videos on NJPW world so you can come back to them later? Tried searching around on the site and online but don't think it's a feature?

Pikma

Banned
Njpw wanta to sell tv rights in the us cheaper than wwe. Wants to build an office and dojo as well. Kadni is frustrated due to what wwe did a year ago.
https://mobile.twitter.com/enuhito_eng/status/817658036831457280
https://mobile.twitter.com/enuhito_eng/status/817658606522802177

RIP
I think that no matter what Vince & Co's intentions were it actually kinda benefited them in a couple of ways, they got a lot of indirect exposure from the fans and even from WWE itself with NJPW now getting namedropped at least twice a week, and it's also pretty clear they learned a lot from it, especially in terms of contracts. Plus it indirectly lead to them being more motivated than ever to expand and finally reach a global audience.

sibarraz

Banned
I rewatched omega vs okada, and I don't understand why people criticizes the beggining of the match. it setups the rest of the bout really well, and it haves a good psychology behind it.

In the other hand, I have more troubles with the ending of the match, like okada always escaping the one winged angel after some nasty setups, or omega still being able to fight on after the second and third rainmaker, he never did multiple kickouts of the finisher in the strict sense of the word, but it still felt like he did. Is like wwe ppv where you wonder why in raw everything is so lethal yet here everyone has more resilience, and at some point the "burning fighting spirit" still feels really overused.

Saying that, it was the best main even from a january 4th show that I had seen and one of the best bouts in wrestling, I watched it with casual friends and I doubt that they will suscribe to the network or download torrents, but at leasted respected the match and knew that there are more alternatives than the wwe. But still, it doesn't fel like the best match ever, but I think that this is a personal definition and is impossible to have a consensus for it. I still will go with Misawa vs Tsuruta I, since is one of the only matches in my life that has made me reconsider how we grow up and how cyclical is life

So happy WressleGAF has turned to body shamming Hero when he can wrestle better than Dean

I don't know,, is clear that hero/ohno can outwrestle lots of guys, but is still bad to see such an out of shape guy in a medium that pretends to be an athletic competition. Kevin Owens is fat but he still looks to be in shape, it makes you believe that he cares about it

The funny thing is that people see that body and assume Hero's out of shape, but that dude can go - saw him wrestle three times in one day last year, wasn't close to being blown up.

Browny

Banned
I'm wondering if darts should take a leaf out of pro wrestling. Have some people antagonise the crowd as heels, maybe one or two first round mystery opponents to get the crowd popping.

I'm wondering if darts should take a leaf out of pro wrestling. Have some people antagonise the crowd as heels, maybe one or two first round mystery opponents to get the crowd popping.
The crowd should start chanting you fucked up every time a player misses the double or bullseye in a finish.

Zach

Eddie Guerrero did it! Against all odds, he conquered the unconquerable and captured the WWE Championship at No Way Out 2004!

Must've been a truly inspiring moment for his final protege, "Ultimo Heat" Sasha Banks.

Top Bottom