• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

I like The Young Bucks, I think they do the same sort of work Kevin Owens does but in a way that actually makes people dislike them

The rest of the BC definitely seems pointless but it sells shirts

LIJ though, phew

It's not actually an easy point because Cody is generic and average in the ring. He just has a high opinion of himself. Like, who else but Cody Rhodes thinks the WWE missed the boat on Cody Rhodes?
Years ago I remember hearing a lot about he needs to get pushed to the moon and that WWE missed the boat on him.

You(not you specifically) marks always do this shit, same with Ziggler.

Tall4Life

Zayn vs Nakamura?

Maybe but Nakamura really failed to put work in. He did his signature spots and outside of that it wasn't much. Zayn put on a 5 star performance.

In a lot of ways Nak is actually perfect for WWE - he frequently just decides to coast on what he knows the crowd likes, does his signature spots and clocks out.

Syder

I didn't say can't though, I just said I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon haha
Oh sorry i thought you made the original post which said can't.
I said can't and I stand by it lol

WWE have shown no signs of changing the way they operate.
WWE has built up so much bad will over the years with booking that Meltzer wouldn't give them 5*.

(This is a criticism of both WWE and Dave Meltzer)

Years ago I remember hearing a lot about he needs to get pushed to the moon and that WWE missed the boat on him.

You(not you specifically) marks always do this shit, same with Ziggler.

Gonna raise my hand and admit I thought he was being underused.

But don't you dare lump me in with the Ziggles crowd, I've been berating that dude for years.
Even now while a heel turn is what he needed the idea that he's been a good heel? NOPE, always been as safe generic heel as they come.

No matter what though, Sandow and Cody will never reach the baffling stage of Ryback thinking Vince sending him to legit train with an MMA camp in Vegas only to pull out at the last second before his debut after six months of training to feud with Lesnar would break PPV records.

Fox318

The American Nightmare....

VEEqQAg.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Ziggler is a good midcarder. He's not a great midcarder like Miz but he's not an instant crowd killer like some people suggest. He should almost never be in the main event of anything. He's not a particularly good heel and his babyface act is too one note. Outside of his fiery no one believes in me promo he's not great at talking.

Cody isnt perfect but everything since heel disfigured Dashing Cody was kinda bad and Stardust should have ending with that feud with Goldust.

Dude is a OK mid carder that was let down a lot by creative but the guy wasnt exactly indispensable

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Cody is still young enough that he can figure it out.

Hell Goldust didn't get great at the wrestling part until extra late and he did it all his life.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Dashing Cody Rhodes was absolutely fantastic. With a good character behind him he can do great things. I say the same thing about Sandow....minus the in ring part. His intellectual saviour of the masses character was great and he played it very well. He should have got a bigger push as that character. But he doesn't work as another character certainly not a face.

Zayn vs Nakamura?

Nah. Zayn was the best person to put Nak up against. Inside the ring there wasn't much story other that "New guy coming in, guy going out".

I think this match, while good, gets a ton of extra hype because it was WWE's first Nak match and people can't get past that.

Dashing Cody Rhodes was absolutely fantastic. With a good character behind him he can do great things. I say the same thing about Sandow....minus the in ring part. His intellectual saviour of the masses character was great and he played it very well. He should have got a bigger push as that character. But he doesn't work as another character certainly not a face.

He had bits of cockiness and swerve needed for the Gaijin Bullet Club thing, but some of it just felt WAY to forced and hard. I think if he just came out cocky, without all the forced arrogance, he could have gone across much better.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That banger Tag Team match NXT put on even had a good build and real stakes and didn't get 5 stars because of no double team meltzer plex.

Fox318

Minor note but the language of these guys in the ring.

SO much fucking cursing lol. I'm not sure if I like it or not but they are really overdoing it.

Stardust sucked. It was funny for the first reveal but the mannerisms never came as natural to Cody as they did to Dustin and it came off as forced.

I mean Dustin could do it because he was a crazy person who benefitted by working for someone at the peak of their excess, but hey.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Minor note but the language of these guys in the ring.

SO much fucking cursing lol. I'm not sure if I like it or not but they are really overdoing it.

GOD and Juice come off as super tween angsty. Like if they curse a bunch they think people will take them seriously

DMczaf

Dustin Rhodes destroys his father and brother in terms of talent. Dude is legit the total package, and got a gimmick over that should have been death over for over 20 years

Dustin Rhodes destroys his father and brother in terms of talent. Dude is legit the total package, and got a gimmick over that should have been death over for over 20 years

Dustin is amazing no doubt but I think he and Cody are good at different things. Cody's big problem, imho, is storytelling. I think he does everything else better than dad or golddust. Dustin got lucky with Golddust but to his credit, he has kept that character striving over the years.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
That banger Tag Team match NXT put on even had a good build and real stakes and didn't get 5 stars because of no double team meltzer plex.

Both Revival/DIY matches could be five stars.

I really hope they're not going to fuck up the Revival on the main roster.

Fox318

Dustin is a technically great wrestler who got over in WCW as the white meat babyface AND kicked off the attitude era with the goldust character.

How many sons of wrestlers end up being bums? Dustin excelled in almost every area as a performer.

Top Bottom