• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Cptkrush

He was with Cien last night, and I thought that match tore the house down. The main event had a hard time living up to it for sure.

Zach

So someone came into my work wearing this

WCW-Hog-Wild-denim-vest.png

Sure was something else
No way. Haha. What was RBH doing in your neck of the woods?

Cptkrush

Fuckin' I dunno. Andrade Cien Almas is way too many syllables for a wrasslin name. I think they went with Ohno for continuity's sake though, as if anyone gave a shit

I mean, I'll be going to largo again for sure in February because I live in Largo, but maybe I'll check out the Ocala show then, is it a tent every time?

Yeah. It's in a wedding tent at a hotel. It was actually not too bad for the October Ocala show since it was in the mid-70s.

I try to hit up every show within an hour or so radius of Pasco County plus the tapings at Full Sail.

Cptkrush

Yeah. It's in a wedding tent at a hotel. It was actually not too bad for the October Ocala show since it was in the mid-70s.

I try to hit up every show within an hour or so radius of Pasco County plus the tapings at Full Sail.

Man, I'd love to get to a taping sometime, hopefully my schedule lines up with the next one.

Cptkrush

Watching the AXS NJPW show for the first time, and the sound mixing is god damn horrendous. The commentators are so high on the mix, and the actual match audio sounds drowned out. One of the best parts of njpw matches is how insane the crowd gets as the match goes on, and you can barely hear them on this. It's great to hear JR though

Kidani seems pretty hell bent on going after WWE.

I wonder what will happen here.

WWE Japanese Title tournament, regular touring WWE brand in Japan running big arenas and booking up important mid-size venues for key dates. WWE have only really been testing the waters in Japan, but they could cause some big problems for NJPW if determined to do so.

cordy

Banned
Thinking of signing up for NJPW World but I have some questions.

- I've never seen any NJPW match, ever and after WK11 I've decided to watch. I've been reading the whole "Rise of Okada/Naito" thing on reddit right now, it's got a list of matches and everything starting back at WK6 so I gotta ask, is this a great place to start?
- How much of it is in English? Do I need English to enjoy the story or is it pretty easy to understand?
- Any suggestions?

I'm glad I'm getting into NJPW so any help that you can provide is appreciated.

Anth0ny

WWE Japanese Title tournament, regular touring WWE brand in Japan running big arenas and booking up important mid-size venues for key dates. WWE have only really been testing the waters in Japan, but they could cause some big problems for NJPW if determined to do so.

this is so happening. ugh.

I pray that New Japan finds success in the west this year. are they allowed to run an event wrestlemania weekend?

- I've never seen any NJPW match, ever and after WK11 I've decided to watch. I've been reading the whole "Rise of Okada/Naito" thing on reddit right now, it's got a list of matches and everything starting back at WK6 so I gotta ask, is this a great place to start?
- How much of it is in English? Do I need English to enjoy the story or is it pretty easy to understand?
- Any suggestions?

5 years back is pretty far, you don't really need to do that
They only started doing English telecasts on Wrestle Kingdom and the major shows in the past couple years, but it's pretty easy to understand what's going on
Stop watching wrestling

- Any suggestions?

WK6 is probably further than I'd go back, tbh - I'd suggest just jumping in with Wrestle Kingdom 11. The storylines in NJPW are always fairly simple and are told mostly via in-ring storytelling - the big shows (like WK) have English commentary, which does a pretty good job explaining things. Promos aren't translated unfortunately, but this twitter account regularly translates things for western fans; https://twitter.com/reasonjp

The coming month or so on NJPW World has the annual FantasticaMania shows (which are joint produced with Mexico's CMLL and always a lot of fun), plus the two New Beginning PPVs which are the next two big shows.

Top Bottom