• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Zach

What grade did Zach give Austin/Bret at WM13? This will greatly affect my opinion of him.
I probably didn't grade it. From memory, I'd give it an A. Maybe an A-. I know I didn't think it was the greatest match of all time. A+ finish, though.

Sorry, ex-bestie.

Fox318

WWE Japanese Title tournament, regular touring WWE brand in Japan running big arenas and booking up important mid-size venues for key dates. WWE have only really been testing the waters in Japan, but they could cause some big problems for NJPW if determined to do so.
It's tough for foreign companies to run in Japan. Look at what happened with the UFC and pride.

WWE Japanese Title tournament, regular touring WWE brand in Japan running big arenas and booking up important mid-size venues for key dates. WWE have only really been testing the waters in Japan, but they could cause some big problems for NJPW if determined to do so.

Yeah I pretty much can see all of that happening. WWE really needs to fuck off with this shit.

Meltzer said NJPW is doing a show in Australia this year. If he is right I'll travel to wherever it is.

The sport attracted people who are bullys. People who can't really fight or be themselves.

It's an extremely combative industry that expects cooperation and trust at the highest level as well

It basically lends itself to high school drama, just with people who are fitter and older

Adree

Luke Harper has the best twitter account.

2FyYTtU.jpg

Yeah I pretty much can see all of that happening. WWE really needs to fuck off with this shit.

Meltzer said NJPW is doing a show in Australia this year. If he is right I'll travel to wherever it is.

Yes, how dare a company offer a competing product to people!

Why aren't you upset at New Japan 'invading Australia and hurting indie companies running around the same time?

Fox318

It's an extremely combative industry that expects cooperation and trust at the highest level as well

It basically lends itself to high school drama, just with people who are fitter and older
The issue is there is no way to settle things.

You end up with a bunch of paranoid old men worried about their spot like Kevin Nash or HHH.

Say what you want about Brock but as long as the checks come in he will job to anyone. Because of that you could actually book cool feuds.

They aren't quite actors, or athletes, or even people.

They are simply carnies

cordy

Banned
5 years back is pretty far, you don't really need to do that
They only started doing English telecasts on Wrestle Kingdom and the major shows in the past couple years, but it's pretty easy to understand what's going on
Stop watching wrestling

I'll go ahead and find a summary towards the rivalries and I'll be good. Like I said, that reddit link I was looking at described the whole "rise of Okada" and "rise/fall/rise of Naito" thing again perfectly well. Just watching some matches then wouldn't be bad but yeah not going to go back that far.
WK6 is probably further than I'd go back, tbh - I'd suggest just jumping in with Wrestle Kingdom 11. The storylines in NJPW are always fairly simple and are told mostly via in-ring storytelling - the big shows (like WK) have English commentary, which does a pretty good job explaining things. Promos aren't translated unfortunately, but this twitter account regularly translates things for western fans; https://twitter.com/reasonjp

The coming month or so on NJPW World has the annual FantasticaMania shows (which are joint produced with Mexico's CMLL and always a lot of fun), plus the two New Beginning PPVs which are the next two big shows.

Interesting, I'll pay attention to them. I haven't seen WK11 yet but I'll check it out since it's praise is what's caused me to want to finally get into NJPW.

Zach

[Fox318 slumps in a dimly-lit chair, having fallen asleep again while reading back issues of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter]

Fox318: (awakens with a start) ...people?!

[Fox318 slumps in a dimly-lit chair, having fallen asleep again while reading back issues of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter]

Fox318: (awakens with a start) ...people?!

[Suddenly, he remembers the words of the great philosopher Mister Kennedy... Keneddy]

Fox318: people are fake, wrestling is real.

Why aren't you upset at New Japan 'invading Australia and hurting indie companies running around the same time?

We can debate where competition ends and actively damaging competition as a push for monopoly starts, but that would be pointless and go around in circles.

The Australian indie scene mostly benefits from the exposure touring groups bring. However if you want to go there, WWE have pilfered a huge amount of top independent talent in Australia too. There are still a bunch of guys left like Robbie Eagles, Concrete Davidson etc who are fun to go and see. Australian Suicide is with AAA now but is still active independently here too.

I always die every time I hear stories of wrestlers working in a circus before actually getting into the business.

I think Fox and I should join the circus so we csn eventually become part of the business

It's only wrong when Vince does it, everyone knows this. In the end, we know who will win even though these geeks think otherwise.

vince-mcmahon-walk-gif-154.gif

cordy

Banned
It's only wrong when Vince does it, everyone knows this. In the end, we know who will win even though these geeks think otherwise.

vince-mcmahon-walk-gif-154.gif

Yep.

I look at it all as a business. No matter what company you like more it's a business at the end of the day and they're all trying to be the best business.

Top Bottom