• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

That slip Corbin took looked nasty.

I will say I was surprised to hear from that actual match the finish was Styles lowblowing Cena to pin him. Maybe there's a chance Cena doesn't kick out of the End of Days on Smackdown next week.

Cena will probably still win although the safe way to go would probably be AJ running in halfway through the match to attack Cena and send it into a DQ.

Ithil

There's always a chance they picked the names themselves since I'm pretty sure most people in NXT are allowed to chose their ring names instead of being given one (although I am curious why people like Hideo and Asuka were introduced with their old names but then given new ones). Hero might be an exception since he was an FCW guy so he might have just been saddled with the name Kassius Ohno.

They do chose their new names, but under some parameters. Hero did pick Kassius Ohno because he's said Kassius is for Ali, and he wanted the KO initials.
If I remember they picked FCW names by putting down a bunch of their heroes or people they admired, and the FCW folks would come back with a list of combinations for them to pick from. It didn't work very well given how awful most FCW names were (not that the NXT name generator is great, but it's a lot better than before).

I think their new mandate since Joe arrived is if they feel a new wrestler has some name value in the US, they keep their name, like Styles, Roode, Nakamura, etc, if they don't, they get a new one. Anyone pre-Joe got an automatic rename.

Yeah I'm not sure what the fuck happened there beyond Trips being retarded

By all accounts, Booker was supposed to win, then Goldberg got signed and it was decided that because of how big a star he was, he needed to get the title off of the top heel - HHH - and that it would be more meaningful if he was the one breaking HHH's reign of terror, instead of the title going to Booker, then back to Haitch.

Basically, they set up a story then dropped it at the last minute because they signed someone who was more important than diegetically repudiating racism.

deli2000

By all accounts, Booker was supposed to win, then Goldberg got signed and it was decided that because of how big a star he was, he needed to get the title off of the top heel - HHH - and that it would be more meaningful if he was the one breaking HHH's reign of terror, instead of the title going to Booker, then back to Haitch.

Basically, they set up a story then dropped it at the last minute because they signed someone who was more important than diegetically repudiating racism.

Then why in the hell did Goldberg lose at Summerslam then? Fucking horrendous booking.

Recall

Can't take people seriously who rag on Bret Hart's in ring work, he was insanely good at everything he did in the ring.

Then why in the hell did Goldberg lose at Summerslam then? Fucking horrendous booking.

Because even a decade before the Sting loss, killing WCW wasn't enough, they still had to get the W in matches

Which makes it funnier that every time it happened, it was HHH getting the W. So it wasn't even the best WWE wrestler beating the best WCW wrestler, it was the third best (on a good day) WWE guy beating the top two WCW guys. Rock didn't get to beat Goldberg once, let alone in a Chamber, and Austin didn't kick Sting's ass

MG310

C1jCN4WXcAEtIVx.jpg

Anthem Anthem Anthem

Hex

Banned
Omega is going nowhere until he gets what he wants in NJPW.
He is taking some time off to heal up, the Suzuki Gun storyline will take front for a bit and then he will return along with taking some ROH dates with the Bucks.

Barrage

As much as I can't stand Omega, he is clever when it comes to protecting and pushing his brand.

He's not going anywhere. Maybe hoping for some Smarks to chant his name and try and ruin the Rumble.

As much as I can't stand Omega, he is clever when it comes to protecting and pushing his brand.

He's not going anywhere. Maybe hoping for some Smarks to chant his name and try and ruin the Rumble.
The one thing that could ruin the rumble is if the countdown is basically the whole arena shouting 10 for each number.

I don't think there's a chance Cena doesn't have a GAF account. His instagram is nothing but pictures of wrestling trolling, memes, 80s toys and old video games.

Top Bottom