• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Kurita

Who else thinks Rusev could have a really great face run down the line?

Just me?

Seems like the most humble down to Earth big European bro. Dude's mad likable.
Foreigner with a thick accent?
You're either a comedy character like Santino or an evil foreigner who hates America.

Well I guess Nakamura isn't either of these.

DMczaf

Remember when we were really damn close to having The Rock vs Triple H main event a WM until his movie insurance shut it down?

From what I read, The Rock has a lot of creative input in the movies he stars in, which makes it seems strange that a WM main event would get shut down over something as nebulous as injury insurance.

Which all leads me to believe Triple H would have gone over in such a match.

If the Bollywood Boys aren't your favorite tag team of the year then I don't know what to say to you

They suck. I hope their grandfather is watching when they get future endeavored.

micheals-turns-heel_o_GIFSoup.com.gif

That video led me to the time when Jennetty tried to dive out the barbershop window to escape from Shawn Michaels. It made me think of what other hilarious suck-up calls were made. I swear Lawler had some good ones too. I remember at Backlash in the Triple H/Rock match, Vince tossed Rock into the ring pot and Jerry said something like "you missed the ring Vince, that was the ring post!" :lol :lol
I swear Dean is smiling when that snake is on him

Oh he is lol

Mizerman

It's kinda sweet

Because I imagine it kinda is a thrill, like these were the stars when they were kids, no Dean gets to play like he's Macho Man getting a snake attack

Yup. Meeting one of his idols and getting involved in the snake segment? Crowning achievement for him.

It's cause the snake took a crap on him.

Probably wouldn't wash his body ever again if that was the case. ^_^

Sounds like last night's FIP event on FloSlam was Florida Man: The Wrestling Show.

It was fucking TRASH for the first hour or so, but redeemed itself towards the end with a couple of good matches (Fred Yehi's the man) and a crazy 8-man tag main event.

Also, as per Gabe's tweets the other week I'd assumed it'd have some tongue-in-cheek, self-aware nods towards the anti-PC culture that seems so rife in recent years. In actual fact, the only 2edgy4me stuff was the host who, holy fuck, guys, really wanted everyone to know that, like, there's NO FUCKIN' RULES, man, as exemplified by his constant gratuitous swearing.

Recall

"I want a sausage"

Billy Robinson the man with a voice so deathly and terrifying that he sounds like a horror movie villain.

TLF is incredible.

It was fucking TRASH for the first hour or so, but redeemed itself towards the end with a couple of good matches (Fred Yehi's the man) and a crazy 8-man tag main event.

Also, as per Gabe's tweets the other week I'd assumed it'd have some tongue-in-cheek, self-aware nods towards the anti-PC culture that seems so rife in recent years. In actual fact, the only 2edgy4me stuff was the host who, holy fuck, guys, really wanted everyone to know that, like, there's NO FUCKIN' RULES, man, as exemplified by his constant gratuitous swearing.

So, a tag match featuring the Guerrillas of Destiny then.

klonere

Banned

Sounds like I should watch this.

Pity it wasn't the self-aware thing I also thought it would be going for but that'd probably be a bridge too far (and smart) for wrasslin'. In Florida.

Hasney

Jesus, I tried the Lapsed Fan MITB 2011 as I'm so bored at work and thought maybe I'd like it more talking about one of my favourite events.

Had to turn it off with the shitty Vince impressions and the other dudes annoying as fuck laugh to the terrible jokes. Jesus.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
When Charlotte first moved up to the main roster, she was the only one of the 3 that didn't have it. It's a remarkable turnaround for her. She improved so much it's ridiculous. Still, once Sasha turns heel and gets her swagger back, she'll be the GOAT again I'm sure.

Top Bottom