• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

I'm still thinking about Okada v Omega.

I was convinced that Omega was going to win the belt, it felt like the obvious progression based on Omega's 2016. With each kick out I was still sure it was going his way but I was losing confidence with each big move.

Okada hitting the jumping spinning tombstone made my heart sink. I knew it was it. I knew where it was all going.

The wave of emotions the match generated for me will always keep it as something special for years to come.
Did you mark out brother?

klonere

Banned
I marked the fuck out for that match. I knew Kenny was never winning, I had said it before and I went in with zero expectation for him to do so. Yet they made me believe he could win. That's the best kind of wrestling imo.

Foggy

Ichiban filth

zAwKoll.jpg

UK Tourney Bracket

So Trent v Wolfgang quarter final would prevent them from appearing on the ICW taping the same to build up for their rematch (barring any shock elimination in the first round).

Seven vs Bates & Andrews vs Bates the obvious route for the semis.

I think no-ones going to be working other shows that weekend, knowing WWE I'm sure they want them there at all time

Mandrews vs Pete semi, and Seven in the final

Oh my God. A WWE Crossover Cartoon where everyone in the trailer is still in the WWE!? :O
As a kid this would have been a total mindfuck for me.

Hell, it was super bizarre getting Ready To Rumble for Christmas and trying to figure that out. "Wait, wrestling is fake... but all the wrestlers are playing themselves here, except wrestling is real in this movie?"

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The only people who don't recognize Twin Towers as the tag team of the year don't watch Japanese indie wrestling.

like it's a no contest. I don't care how many Arn spots Revival rips off. 2nd place for them.

Hasney

I could easily have sold my XBox once the games started coming for PC, but with this move, now I don't even want any MS games from the Windows Store.

That's probably a good thing.

I like the gaming side's rush to try to be first to post newz leading to a dozen topics being created about the same thing. I've been a member here for 10 years and I've never made a topic... Holy shit my anniversary was two days ago.

Scalebound possibly getting cancelled kinda sucks, like in a "i could probably sell my XB1 now and not care" kind of way

Why did you even get one to begin with? My only conclusion is you got worked. I almost got worked into buying Superman 64 at release when it was like $70.

Hasney

Sucks to hear about Scalebound, but I'm guessing it was on the verge of turning into another FF Versus 13 and Microsoft just said "nope" to that.

Well you can't go over budget unless they can crowbar some crates or card packs in there. Just ask Comcept when they had to send the game out without a 1/5th of it's fucking content.

Sephzilla

Why did you even get one to begin with? My only conclusion is you got worked. I almost got worked into buying Superman 64 at release when it was like $70.

Halo Master Chief Collection
Halo 5
Gears 4
Killer Instinct
Sunset Overdrive

Basically yeah, I got worked. But hey, Rocket League players on XB1 are scrub-tier compared to PSN and PC so I can always hop on there for some free wins.

Aiii

So not worth it
Both HBK and Taker, huh? Nothing pulls up the ratings than wrestlers from fifteen years ago.

I wonder if thirty years from now Roman will be brought out when their last viewer leaves them.

In 2016 the Revival had 5 matches that went above a 7.00 fan rating on Cagematch, the Young Bucks had 18.

Now, completely disregarding personal opinions about the Bucks, I think this is a pretty good indicator of why it's hard to consider a WWE tag team as tag team of the year - the stage is far grander, but there just aren't as many opportunities to shine and build a resume of great matches. Also, see Chris Hero's amazing 2016 and why it's very hard for anyone in WWE to come close.

ReiGun

LOL at Judy staring at Roman... I think that's Roman. Could be a tanned Big Sexy Kevin Nash and who the hell is the woman supposed to be on the left? Sasha (lol)? Naomi? Alicia? Whatever Cody's kayfabe WWE name was?
Trailer says it's Alicia Fox. The Jetsons doing more to push her than the last year of WWE programming.

Top Bottom