• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
ewweewfewf82yln.gif

I want BJW to book Los Traumas for next years tag tournament

In 2016 the Revival had 5 matches that went above a 7.00 fan rating on Cagematch, the Young Bucks had 18.

Now, completely disregarding personal opinions about the Bucks, I think this is a pretty good indicator of why it's hard to consider a WWE tag team as tag team of the year - the stage is far grander, but there just aren't as many opportunities to shine and build a resume of great matches. Also, see Chris Hero's amazing 2016 and why it's very hard for anyone in WWE to come close.
While I'm not really disagreeing with you, it's a bit hard for the Revival to have more matches like that with only about four or five PPV's a year and the actual NXT show only running an hour long.

You know you suck when you're brought in to be an anti-Undertaker and you don't even make it to the Undertaker feud
Any truth to the rumors that actual Taker was the reason this guy went nowhere?

Nekofrog

Banned
In 2016 the Revival had 5 matches that went above a 7.00 fan rating on Cagematch, the Young Bucks had 18.

Now, completely disregarding personal opinions about the Bucks, I think this is a pretty good indicator of why it's hard to consider a WWE tag team as tag team of the year - the stage is far grander, but there just aren't as many opportunities to shine and build a resume of great matches. Also, see Chris Hero's amazing 2016 and why it's very hard for anyone in WWE to come close.

I think there's something to be said for having that many amazing matches as a tag team within the constraints of the wwe brand. If the revival were an indie act right now they would probably have a lot more accolades under their belt.

Sephzilla

I remember Hakushi but I remember little of his WWF run. Just looking at that picture, I'm not sure if I should feel like this is
another
racist WWF character.

Zach

Does Rene Dupree have a meaningful career? He seems to have potential and I think they said he's 19, which is crazy.

I'm assuming the French Tickler at least set the world on fire for a spell.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Does Rene Dupree have a meaningful career? He seems to have potential and I think they said he's 19, which is crazy.

He has a lot of drug problems and suffers for it

he also gets a boner pretty regularly in matches.

19 is a shoot and he's still the youngest person to ever win a WWE title, I think.

Zach

Oh, Booker T is going all black magic voodoo Papa Shango in this feud with The Undertaker, huh?

Okay.

Edit: Oh my god, Dato.

Zach

So JBL touched Eddie's mom and she had a heart attack? That's the angle? Well, besides the racism thing they've got going, too.

I do enjoy the mooing in JBL's theme, though.

So this Jetsons thing is Big Show gets frozen, thawed out by the Jetsons, becomes a robo-racist when he sees humans can't wrestler anymore, takes over the WWE, goes drunk with power and takes over the world, so they go back in time to get a bunch of wrestlers to fight Big Show and his army of WWE-Bots.

Gotta say that's far more compelling than an average episode of RAW.

Cosmozone

Just saw a Youtube video in the "Figure 2 Photo" series of WrestleZone. Some people really have too much time on their hands...

Are there no actual high-quality action figures of wrestlers? If there are, I haven't seen too many of them.

mordecai.png

If they were really going to do a "white" Undertaker, having him just be the Ministry Taker was a bizarre choice.
I need to ask Bruce Prichard about this. Holy shit I hate being reminded of it. At 12 I was so interested. Then at 14 I was much more interested in Kevin Thorn. Poor guy couldn't catch a break.

Menome

I hope everyone realises that we need to have the Roman vs Braun big match-up, so that they can make up in their own Mega Powers push and force the ultimate team of Strowman/Reigns.

While I'm not really disagreeing with you, it's a bit hard for the Revival to have more matches like that with only about four or five PPV's a year and the actual NXT show only running an hour long.

Any truth to the rumors that actual Taker was the reason this guy went nowhere?
I heard it was because he just sucked. He couldn't back it up in the ring
3fe1d92202d2e4b4e0e1247b88afcde5.jpg

Woah. Only remember him in ECW.

I remember Hakushi but I remember little of his WWF run. Just looking at that picture, I'm not sure if I should feel like this is
another
racist WWF character.
Surprisingly it wasn't racist. He played one of the best foreigner heels imo. He came along in the middle of nothing but they made something out of him. Plus, the fallen angel had one of the greatest themes of all time. I used to be afraid of him because of his tattoos. They were slightly intimidating.

Top Bottom