• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

I still can't believe how bad they botched the entrance for aj. Literally just had to have the camera pointed at the screen to see the words and pull down to the hype.

diesel-returns-o.gif

AJ wishes he had such an iconic rumble entrance. /s
Quit tryin to fit in, mark.

I still can't believe how bad they botched the entrance for aj. Literally just had to have the camera pointed at the screen to see the words and pull down to the hype.
The fact that they actually went back and released an "alternate camera" version on youtube is amazing

I actually prefer the OG to that version too, solely because they added a bunch of extra crowd footage to act like it wasn't just that shot that was fucked

Cnn actually covered the soulja boy and Chris Brown fight announcement. I wonder if Vince is going to promote the hell out of shaq v show ao he can get that treatment too?

Kaladin

Cnn actually covered the soulja boy and Chris Brown fight announcement. I wonder if Vince is going to promote the hell out of shaq v show ao he can get that treatment too?

Wouldn't you hear something from Shaq if that was a potential thing by this point?

Sephzilla

I hope Shaq vs Big Show is as carny as Mayweather vs Big Show, brass knuckles and all.

Mayweather vs Big Show was legitimately great. Mayweather took some good bumps, that spot where Mayweather takes a quick water break and drinks from a fucking chalice was funny as fuck, and Mayweather in general seemed like he "got it" with wrestling.

Recall

According to Meltzer: Omega's NJPW contract supposedly ends on Jan 31st yet he is scheduled to come back to NJPW in March.

Edit: Which to me means Meltzer isn't sure what is going on but has been told Omega taking a break until March

Kaladin

Mayweather vs Big Show was legitimately great. Mayweather took some good bumps, that spot where Mayweather takes a quick water break and drinks from a fucking chalice was funny as fuck, and Mayweather in general seemed like he "got it" with wrestling.

I think at the very least, Shaq will get the larger than life character part of wrestling. We'll see how he does with the wrestling part of wrestling.

Now that I subscribed to NJPW, the temptation to cancel WWE is greater than ever. If there was no AJ, I wouldn't think twice. But don't tell Vince. I don't need him raiding NJPW again.

I find the more I watch wrestling that's presented as a sport, the less tolerance I have for WWE's sports entertainment fuckery.

Evolve strikes a good balance there as well, but I think they can do more in presenting it with the seriousness of a sport.

Of course, GabeS also needs to rebuild the top of that card now that Gulak and Heronare gone. But they have Cobb, so they're one step closer.

It's a pretty great song for a guy who is delusional about his place in the company.

Old man Tana still thinks he's ace, commissions a song that literally screams it at everybody.

Tana could be great as the delusional former ace; it could be incredible when he snaps.

He's still trying to come off as a shooter here: http://twitter.com/njpw_daisakusen/status/818338197700825090

But all I see is an old man walking around some rooftops with a plastic airsoft gun

Hasney

It's a pretty great song for a guy who is delusional about his place in the company.

Old man Tana still thinks he's ace, commissions a song that literally screams it at everybody.

Then loses, picking up a token win for the random 6 man belt.

klonere

Banned
The middling reaction to Style Battle/FUCK YOU THIS IS FULL IMPACT FUCKING PRO has me worried that Gabe is spread a bit thin. Wasn't that why he left ROH in the first place?

Someone just needs to tell Gabe maybe he shouldn't have a million promotions

Imagine how much FloSlam must be paying just Gabe alone to air all his shit. No wonder they're asking $20 a month

Top Bottom