• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Wait, lemme get this straight. Roman LOST the US Title, and there's people in the thread who are mad about it? Those same people who were mad because they thought he'd WIN?

Having the US title before the Rumble was the only hope people had that he wouldn't win the Universal title at the Rumble. The facade is gone now and everyone knows what's coming

UberTag

Having the US title before the Rumble was the only hope people had that he wouldn't win the Universal title at the Rumble. The facade is gone now and everyone knows what's coming
To be fair, even if Roman had retained tonight, they'd still have him going over at the Rumble and would just put up his useless costume jewelry US title in some kind of tournament - or more likely - a battle royal to crown a new winner.

Zayn vs Nak wasn't even the best match of last year. It could be if nak gave a fuck.
It's about the only thing I could think of that would be able to even compare

Main event scene of both shows is just not that kind of wrasslin. AJ carrying some jabronie doesn't exactly compete either

Or, and here's a thought, maybe Roman will lose and people are just being crazy and/or paranoid over nothing.
It's just sad. Bless their hearts.

Can you imagine being that obsessed over a wrestler that you complain even if they sneeze? tragic.gif

GunBR

I'm starting to think that the Roman vs Undertaker rumor could be true
That way they could give Roman the win against Taker in his last (?) Mania and make Cena tie with Flair at the same night

That way they could give Roman the win against Taker in his last (?) Mania and make Cena tie with Flair at the same night
The darkest timeline.

Stand and be counted then.

Who thinks Roman is actually going to loose at Wrestlemania.
I think Roman is getting paired with Strowman, which doesn't sound like a match Roman would lose.

UberTag

Roman vs. Taker makes a lot of sense to me. He sure as hell can't carry Braun. They won't want him getting booed out of the building against Goldberg (they'll instead have Roman leech off Goldberg's popularity pre-Mania by delivering stereo spears in tag matches). They'll want to use Cena to prop up a different main event match - plus, that match can't happen if they're respecting the brand split - and they're both going to be title holders after the Rumble. And we've seen Brock vs. Roman a zillion times already.

Roman vs. Taker just makes the most sense. Plus, it would lend some validity to his Rumble match declaration being saved for Raw instead of trotted out on Smackdown which is likely the direction they would have gone had he been slated for a match against Cena. They can also play with Taker's free agent status due to not being affiliated with a specific brand in a way they can't with other potential winners.

Zach

Happy to see Alabama lose. Woooo.

Re: Romando Reigns: he doesn't do much for me, but let the children have their hero. WWE is for babbies and you haterz need to move on.

xoxo

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That's the crux of the problem. They have TOO MANY pieces to play with. They'll misuse most of those pieces in multi-man spotfest matches with no stakes over devalued mid-card titles with most of the guys contesting for "moments" instead of getting actual matches to properly showcase their talents. The part-timer nature of the Mania product serves to devalue the rest of the roster because every main event needs to be an attraction match featuring some over-the-hill relic from the Attitude era. We'll be left questioning why Sami Zayn is in the ARMBAR while we're subjected to a 45-minute Triple H match, a 20-minute Steph promo and 15 minutes of Shaq vs. The Big Show.
SmarkWrestleMania is SummerSlam. Dunno why people haven't figured this out yet.

So what are the odds Titus actually joins the New Day

I'd say decent since they've now run this story two weeks in a row.

I'm all for it... Titus is funny and by all accounts a really good guy and New Day has nothing else going forward for a while because their title reign is over and you can't just keep giving them title runs.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This fucking SNME replay of Sid dumping Hogan out of the ring is killing me

not only do they dub over the cheers with boos even showing the fans standing up and cheering but then they pipe in a real low quality 'hogan' chant

Bronx-Man

Banned
99% confirmed matches are

Big Show/Shaq
Rollins/HHH
Lesnar/Goldberg
ARMBAR

That leaves Cena, AJ, Roman, Undertaker, KO, and Stroman all in some jumbalayaa.

Hasney

You familiar with Mac from Always Sunny, OwensIsNow?
320px-Katsuyori_Shibata_2015.0.0.jpg

Gurrry

well damn, my girlfriend surprised me with tickets to the rumble

im damn lucky and pumped to go. styles vs cena is gonna be amazing.

Top Bottom