• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Seth Rollins is damaged goods. I can't believe how bad they fucked him up in hopes that the samoan substance abuse machine could get over. He should pray to the wrasslin gods that he gets sent to SmackDown.

Seth Rollins is damaged goods. I can't believe how bad they fucked him up in hopes that the samoan substance abuse machine could get over. He should pray to the wrasslin gods that he gets sent to SmackDown.

Cool. The quicker Crossfit wrestling dies as a genre, the better for the business.

Hollywood Hogan was so fucking cool. That Bash at the Beach promo is up there with the package for Bret/Austin at Mania 13. He says brother a billion fucking times.

Cool. The quicker Crossfit wrestling dies as a genre, the better for the business.
We need more characters and less bullshit indy style matches. Ffs, I bet someone could do a piledriver off of a ladder and the receiver would kick out today. Ten years ago a lot of the spamming of moves wouldn't be happening.

We need more characters and less bullshit indy style matches. Ffs, I bet someone could do a piledriver off of a ladder and the receiver would kick out today. Ten years ago a lot of the spamming of moves wouldn't be happening.

Here's the thing - I love bullshit indy style wrestling...in indy feds. It doesn't matter when somebody kicks out of 18 finishers in front of 800 fans at an Armory in the suburbs of Philadelphia.

It does hurt the business long term when it happens in front of millions of fans, because it makes every other wrestler less effective.

He can be called Butter Cum and tag with Juice
200w.gif

Seth Rollins is damaged goods. I can't believe how bad they fucked him up. He should pray to the wrasslin gods that he gets sent to SmackDown.
Seth's style of "moves just to be doing moves" exposed his blandness now that he's not opening the show for 20 minutes...and 10 minute promos at the beginning of the second and third hours and then closing the show. He fucked himself up by constantly seeking a "this is awesome" chant.
He says brother a billion fucking times.
Any time that he says brother, he really means the n word.

So what are we thinking is the likely Mania card here?

Undertaker vs. Cena
Brock vs. Goldberg 3 (lol)
Roman vs. Braun
Seth vs. Triple H
AJ vs The Rock (lol)
Owens vs. Jericho
Big Show vs. Shaq (lol)
Charlotte vs. Bayley vs. Sasha
Nikki vs. Mickie
ARMBAR
I've seen people say Nikki
is gonna be fighting Alexa Bliss for the title at Wrestlemania while Becky Lynch fights Mickie since it seems likely that La Luchadora at this rate is gonna be revealed to be Mickie.

Missed the last hour of raw cause an outdoor cat we feed passed away tonight. He just got ill suddenly and the vet said he had liquid in his lungs. RIP Chomper.

Just caught the last match since I just got home a few minutes ago. Glad Jericho won. Seems like now Roman is going over at RR and will be Universal Champ.

I wonder why Alex Riley hasn't tried to go to New Japan yet. He had/has potential.

Because he actually thinks it's beneath him, which is why you'll never see him on the indies either...well, that and the fact that he's a colossal asshole who has a hugely over-inflated opinions of himself and his abilities.

NJPW, "NEW BEGINNING IN SAPPORO", 2017/02/05
Hokkaido Sports Centre

1. Hirai Kawato & KUSHIDA vs El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru
2. Yuji Nagata, Satoshi Kojima & Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs Yoshitatsu, David Finlay & Henare
3. Katsuyori Shibata, Tiger Mask & Jushin Liger vs Will Ospreay, Jado & Gedo
4. YOSHI-HASHI vs Takashi Iizuka
5. Michael Elgin, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Manabu Nakanishi, Ryusuke Taguchi & Dragon Lee vs Tetsuya Naito, SANADA, EVIL, BUSHI & Hiromu Takahashi
6. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles: RPG Vice (c) vs TAKA Michinoku & Taichi
7. NEVER Openweight Title: Hirooki Goto (c) vs Juice Robinson
8. IWGP Heavyweight Tag Titles: Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano (c) vs G.B.H. vs Killer Elite Squad
9. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Minoru Suzuki

NJPW, "NEW BEGINNING IN OSAKA", 2017/02/11
Osaka Prefectural Arena

1. Yoshitatsu & Hirai Kawato vs David Finlay & Henare
2. Satoshi Kojima, Hiroyoshi Tenzan & KUSHIDA vs Takashi Iizuka, El Desperardo & Yoshinobu Kanemaru
3. Yuji Nagata, Juice Robinson, Jushin Liger & Tiger Mask vs Hirooki Goto, YOSHI-HASHI, Jado & Gedo
4. Kazuchika Okada & RPG Vice vs Minoru Suzuki, TAKA Michinoku & Taichi
5. NEVER 6-Man Tag Titles: Hiroshi Tanahashi, Manabu Nakanishi & Ryusuke Taguchi (c) vs EVIL, SANADA & BUSHI
6. RPW British Heavyweight Title: Katsuyori Shibata (c) vs Will Ospreay
7. IWGP Heavyweight Tag Titles: Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano (c) vs G.B.H. vs Killer Elite Squad
8. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Hiromu Takahashi (c) vs Dragon Lee
9. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Tetsuya Naito (c) vs Michael Elgin

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwe-united...0114692=1&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

I dont know any of these guys, anything exciting in this bracket?

Mandrews vs Moloney and Burch vs Devlin should be good, but as with the CWC the best looking potential matches are further into the tournament. Look out for the aforementioned Mandrews, Pete Dunne, Tyler Bate & Trent Seven - they're the stand-out talents, for sure. Bodyguy Roy Johnson has a lot of potential and is something of a dark horse, so perhaps he could surprise people and go further than the first round, or either of the big lads (T-Bone and Wolfgang) could be within a chance of making it to the semis.

ReiGun

To go back and look at the reactions Seth was getting upon his return to now where he's practically got one foot back in the midcard is mind boggling.

WWE completely fumbled The Shield post break up. Only one as over as he should be is Dean Ambrose, and even then you have to contend with him being kind of shit in the ring and probably not the guy you want representing the company.

Royal Rumble: Which old dude is main eventing

Next PWG card:
February 18
Lio Rush (debut) vs. Ricochet
Jay White (debut) vs. Marty Scurll
Rey Fenix vs. Trent?
Cobb and Riddle vs. Unbreakable F'n Machines (Elgin and Cage)
Cody R vs. Trevor Lee
OI4K (Jake Crist, Dave Crist, Sami Callihan) vs. SuperKliq (Cole and the Bucks)
CHUCK TAYLOR VS. ZACK SABRE JR. FOR THE PWG WORLD TITLE

New Japan Feb cards:

EDIT FUCK DAMMIT BOOTS

Suzuki-gun winning a bunch of titles on their first show back seems like a pretty good bet, tbh. No complaints with a MiSu title run either, even if it does end up being relatively short.

Don't watch RPW, how good is Matt Riddle? Also doesn't the New Beginning card give away the RPW result?
This is his RPW debut lol

Riddle vs Ospreay in PROGRESS was great. Everything else I've seen of him is great. He's super over everywhere

Also trotting out this gif cause I can and I love it
YNs9tPA.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so since this is in the UK, is it live in normal UK times?

Ah right that makes sense now, thanks.

Cool I'll check that out later when I'm home from work.

EDIT: I actually see Suzuki walking away with the belt here and it ends up being Omega being the one who takes it off him.

That would save Omega vs Okada round 2 for another PPV, which would be smart booking to have both guys go in strong.

Top Bottom