• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Cena beat Corbin?

WHY!?

931635786630138b6aa112e84072069b86dd5967d805ff16a2f3929bf11d2391.jpg

WHY Is AJ waaay the fuck back there?

He's the fuckin WWE Champion and should be where Roman is placed at the very least.

It's also got to be remembered: this poster isn't for us. Yes, we know AJ is the best. We don't need to be sold on it. But the part time viewers don't give a shit, or maybe even know who he is. This poster is to persuade them to watch it, so the big names and merchandise sellers go at the front, and then Roman because Roman. This isn't burying AJ, it's just not giving a shit. Those are different things, I think.

Entropia

No One Remembers
It's also got to be remembered: this poster isn't for us. Yes, we know AJ is the best. We don't need to be sold on it. But the part time viewers don't give a shit, or maybe even know who he is. This poster is to persuade them to watch it, so the big names and merchandise sellers go at the front, and then Roman because Roman. This isn't burying AJ, it's just not giving a shit. Those are different things, I think.

While this is true, you kind of want to promote your champions.

The problem is they should be trying to build the guys who have been carrying the company this year. They are the people that folks should want to watch the rumble to see. Not people from 20 years ago or whenever.

I can understand why they are doing it, but it is shitty and short sighted.

Pikma

Banned
I like that they have plans through to at least 2018 to put Roman over.
There are guys in that locker room that have no idea where they'll be or what they'll be asked to do in the next three months yet Roman already knows what will be inevitably happening in fucking 2018

They swear 50/50 is the best kind of booking yet Roman Reigns has only lost what 15%(?) of his non-title matches and with the vast majority of said losses not being anywhere close to being clean.

There are guys in that locker room that have no idea where they'll be or what they'll be asked to do in the next three months yet Roman already knows what will be inevitably happening in fucking 2018

They swear 50/50 is the best kind of booking yet Roman Reigns has only lost what 15%(?) of his non-title matches and with the vast majority of said losses not being anywhere close to being clean.

They say 50/50 booking is fine but protect the shit out of whoever they want despite what the people who watch their programming want.

It seems crazy to still talk about this after what happened with Daniel Bryan. None of the shit they did to him was put in place to get him over, despite the narrative they have created now.

It is still the same shit now.

That poster, wow.

Put your champions at the front, with their belts. Poor AJ at the back like a fucking jobber. And they wonder why they can't establish new stars.

Also, is Taker going to wrestle in a wig or what?

I've just noticed - where's Brawny Strongman on that poster? Is he missing or can i just not see him?

Hoo boy. Wow. Okay.

Dave assumption that is really gonna make people unhappy:
So. Taker at Mania. If he fights Cena this Mania, he's jobbing to Reigns next year for his last match. If this is his last Mania, he'll job to Reigns at it.

That'll sure get him cheered
Lmao. They aren't even gonna bother setting up mics for Mania amymore are they?

Even ignoring the placement of people on that shitty poster.

Who isn't a goober or been in horrendously shit segments?

If the network for $10 didn't exist, who would pay $50 to see a rumble with that as promotional material.

Recall

So I'm nerding it up more than normal this year but I'm keeping track of every match or full show I watch. Why? I'm not quite sure but I guess I'm just curious how much I've watched and what was good/bad etc.

So far I've watched Wrestle Kingdom 11 and a handful of excellent past NOAH matches from the Rudo Reels box set I got from my brother for Christmas.

I had totally forgot Juventud Guerrera had a run in NOAH. He has put in some great performances but when in tag matches it is clear he needs motivation from Ricky Marvin to keep on going.

That poster, wow.

Put your champions at the front, with their belts. Poor AJ at the back like a fucking jobber. And they wonder why they can't establish new stars.

I've just noticed - where's Brawny Strongman on that poster? Is he missing or can i just not see him?
I don't see Corbin either. Or Balor

shanafan

That poster, wow.

Undertaker has long hair. Did you not see the pictures after Raw went off the air this past Monday?

every time someone says something like this WWE goes out of their way to prove them wrong

Around the time of last Mania, "well hey, at least it's Mania. Sure the build up to it could suck, even climaxing with a tug of war, but the actual event won't suck"

*6-7 hours of unrelenting trolling of fans follows*

YesManKablaam

Neo Member
Don't read too much into it and be happy it isn't just parttimers or only Roman

220px-WWE_Royal_Rumble_2016_2nd_Promotional_Poster.jpeg

This is something that riled me up at last years Rumble, and has been a minor annoyance since; the persistence of them using "The Roman Empire".

It's easy and obvious to see why WWE would use it, but isn't that completely misunderstanding and misusing the term? When you say Roman Empire you think of a dominant force that has a prolonged stay at the top of the food chain, utterly untouchable for seemingly eternity.

At the time Roman had barely been champ for long and was being positioned as the underdog fighting against the almighty Authority. Well it's not an Empire then is it? Such a petty complaint but it's one of those little bothers that gnawed at me.

Kaladin

So ROH gave the world championship to Kyle O'Reilly I guess in an effort to keep in in the company at Final Battle and then something broke down in negotiations so they gave it back to Cole in Tokyo and now O'Reilly is gone from the company?

Kaladin

TBH, I don't think Roman is in the main event picture for Mania this year. He doesn't have the push he did this time last year.

So ROH gave the world championship to Kyle O'Reilly I guess in an effort to keep in in the company at Final Battle and then something broke down in negotiations so they gave it back to Cole in Tokyo and now O'Reilly is gone from the company?

And Cole's deal ends in like March, so they might have to give it to someone else again real soon :lol

He's feuding with the Universal Champion right now though

And Dave said the only thing he knows for sure about Reigns' Mania plans is he won't be getting crowned champ there. If it happens, it's happening at the Rumble

Striker

If the network for $10 didn't exist, who would pay $50 to see a rumble with that as promotional material.
More fans than those who would pay to see Kevin Owens, Cesaro, Seth Rollins, and any other new guy. These guys definitely matter. Is it better long term? Definitely not, and this has been on-going for how long now... maybe seven years? WWE are desperate, and soon enough they won't be able to rely on the relics from WCW or from the Attitude Era/Aggression Era. Then they're boned, hard.

Top Bottom