• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Hycran

Banned
TBH, I don't think Roman is in the main event picture for Mania this year. He doesn't have the push he did this time last year.

Roman, not in the main event picture? You been smoking that wacky tobaccy boy?

Also posthumous grats to Rick Rude, dude was a legend and still has probably top 5 looks of all time.

TBH, I don't think Roman is in the main event picture for Mania this year. He doesn't have the push he did this time last year.

EWPC85M.gif

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone

Only thing that potentially stops Reigns from main eventing is if Cena vs Taker happens. He's defending the Universal title no matter what though. I hope I am wrong. It just doesn't make sense for Owens to retain.

Kaladin

Only thing that potentially stops Reigns from main eventing is if Cena vs Taker happens. He's defending the Universal title no matter what though. I hope I am wrong. It just doesn't make sense for Owens to retain.

Why not? Jericho vs Owens is the money Universal Championship feud.

You and I both know the Royal Rumble title feuds are more often than not meaningless.
Just last year we had Triple H of all people winning a world title in 2016.

Anything can happen, including Roman winning the belt there.

It really isn't. That feud if it even happens over a belt should be saved for the US now Jericho has it which presumably is the plan.

enewtabie

So ROH gave the world championship to Kyle O'Reilly I guess in an effort to keep in in the company at Final Battle and then something broke down in negotiations so they gave it back to Cole in Tokyo and now O'Reilly is gone from the company?

I would imagine O'Reily is in Florida. Cole probably too after 5/31. What I don't understand is Omega. He tells newspapers and magazines one things,but then says not too long ago with the right opportunity he would do NXT. hmm weird. Dude is probably staying.

Anth0ny

Roman gets booed when he's in the Royal Rumble. How do we get around that? Have him win the championship before the Rumble.

Roman gets booed by the Wrestlemania crowd. How do we get around that? We don't crown him at Mania.

You might think to yourself "Maybe if you have to work so hard to get around these things, he's not the guy?"

To which I say:

giphy.gif

klonere

Banned
1AbXa733HPtj-xgfklwNpxExuDrmdBIzWKl8eTlSSF0s_OpQZ4Lbgtzz596UKC7e566r6A8z0Q=w534

IT STRIKES FROM ~BEYOND THE GRAVE~ that's right it's the 2017 ROYAL RUMBLE PICK EM organized by Phil Brook's number 1 fan, He Who Shall Not Be Named, No Not That Guy, The Other One.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...VrAjLELhD9QIRsmbXZ52KSkZa_6Q/viewform?c=0&w=1

Submit you picks for:

Winner
Last eliminated
Final Four
Second Entrant
First Entrant

Who will survive in an arena where there are no friends and the difference between winning and losing is mere inches! Find out by entering the 2017 2017 ROYAL RUMBLE PICK EM

With Taker at least confirming Wrestlemania 33 won't be his last Wrestlemania fight, I almost want the Braun feud now just for how much of a complete fucking disaster it could be.

Roman gets booed when he's in the Royal Rumble. How do we get around that? Have him win the championship before the Rumble.

Roman gets booed by the Wrestlemania crowd. How do we get around that? We don't crown him at Mania.

You might think to yourself "Maybe if you have to work so hard to get around these things, he's not the guy?"

To which I say:

giphy.gif

I think the reason for not wanting to crown him at Mania was because they didn't want all his big victories being at one particular show. It's like how they were very careful to not give him the belt in December because he already won it once in December 2015. If you repeat the process numerous times real quick, even the audience you think has fish memory will eventually notice, and it'll make the problem worse

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone

I mean yeah, in a sane world you would have your most over angle be for the Universal title, even if the match is not likely to be great. Its WWE though so I expect Roman vs part timers for the belt. Maybe a triple threat with Goldberg/Lesnar or maybe Taker.

Syder

Use Taker, Goldberg, Brock & Cena to sell the Rumble to casuals.

Correct any booking decisions back to Roman's direction at Fastlame.

Kurita

I'm rewatching Roman Reigns coming out on the RAW after WM32 for shits and giggles. Man, that crowd is SHITTING on him lol. Announce team trying to tell us that they don't mean it smh

GunBR

I'm kinda hyped for this year RR
Last year before the event we all know that the only ones who could win the Rumble were HHH or Roman.
This year looks more unpredictable

Undertaker has long hair. Did you not see the pictures after Raw went off the air this past Monday?

Haha, I love how he went from looking like Mike from Breaking Bad on instagram to near-Roman hair lengths just by virtue of appearing on Raw. Putting those supernatural powers to good use!

I'm rewatching Roman Reigns coming out on the RAW after WM32 for shits and giggles. Man, that crowd is SHITTING on him lol. Announce team trying to tell us that they don't mean it smh
jaDIg08.gif

I actually like this gif since it's one of those brief times WWE would make Roman less shitty plucky underdog babyface and more confident cocky babyface which is a lot more tolerable then the first part.

Sephzilla

SHOOT: I was perfectly okay with HHH winning the belt at last years Rumble. It's mostly a biproduct of how terrible everyone else was booked, but he was the only guy who seemed like he could believably walk in there and go "fuck you guys this belt is mine"

jaDIg08.gif

I actually like this gif since it's one of those brief times WWE would make Roman less shitty plucky underdog babyface and more confident cocky babyface which is a lot more tolerable then the first part.

Roman being an overly cocky babyface would be a lot better than Cena Underdog 2.0

Fox318

80% of babyfaces need to start as heels first.

Hogan, Rhodes, Austin, Rock all were Heels before they were over as babyfaces.

Kaladin

Who is everyone predicting will win the Rumble this year?

I'm sticking with my Undertaker prediction. They're going to set up a big match with him and Cena, I can feel it.

More fans than those who would pay to see Kevin Owens, Cesaro, Seth Rollins, and any other new guy. These guys definitely matter. Is it better long term? Definitely not, and this has been on-going for how long now... maybe seven years? WWE are desperate, and soon enough they won't be able to rely on the relics from WCW or from the Attitude Era/Aggression Era. Then they're boned, hard.

Like I said earlier, I understand why they are doing it. And I know its dumb.

It is really weird to say given how much everyone shits on the product, but even now people are spoiled. Imagine paying $50 each for the last couple of rumbles, as a fan, instead of $10. The reactions may have even ended up worse.

Yeah the old draws from 20 years ago still draw which is why they do it. But fuck, we already saw what happened to WCW.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nash and Hall are the most over guys on the roster at Halloween Havoc 96 despite the NWO itself not being that over

crazy

I'm sticking with my Undertaker prediction. They're going to set up a big match with him and Cena, I can feel it.
My heart says Sami. My head says someone who only works about four months a year in the WWE.

Or Braun. Sweet lord if it's Braun.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!

Didn't Meltzer say this week that he's hearing they aren't putting Undertaker in a title feud now?

I think the guy that makes the most story sense would be Zayn. Especially if they suddenly want to end Mania with a banger of a match (oh, now they want the best match on last...).

So when will they make Roman into the American born and breaded soldier that Vince loves to do with his main guys.

I was thinking how funny it was that he did it very subtly with Cena. He didn't put it in your face, instead he made him into a damn marine. Battalion!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Didn't Meltzer say this week that he's hearing they aren't putting Undertaker in a title feud now?

I think the guy that makes the most story sense would be Zayn. Especially if they suddenly want to end Mania with a banger of a match (oh, now they want the best match on last...).
I mean other than the fact Zayn is a huge loser who never beats anyone

Kornflayx

Just starting to watch Smackdown and I'm already disgusted at the spray tan of Miz:

Gy8ttQJ.jpg

Like WTF? Do they really think tv viewers don't notice that shit?

And it's not only Miz, nearly everyone is just as bad as that

Sami winning the rumble lmfao. I'm pretty baked and that still seems like some other world shit. It's either gonna be a part timer or Roman. Deal with it, jabronies.

Cena beats AJ but AJ then enters the rumble to win it.

Seriously though Cena vs Taker/AJ are the only matches that are likely to main event Wrestlemania that wouldn't hugely piss people off.

Top Bottom