• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Just starting to watch Smackdown and I'm already disgusted at the spray tan of Miz:

Gy8ttQJ.jpg

Like WTF? Do they really think tv viewers don't notice that shit?

And it's not only Miz, nearly everyone is just as bad as that
No one else noticed, jabronie.

GunBR

Didn't Meltzer say this week that he's hearing they aren't putting Undertaker in a title feud now?

I think the guy that makes the most story sense would be Zayn. Especially if they suddenly want to end Mania with a banger of a match (oh, now they want the best match on last...).
Despite their rivalry, if Owens keep the title the most story sense would be him against Jericho
And Sami vs Roman makes no sense. And they will not put Reigns against a face at Mania

Cena beats AJ but AJ then enters the rumble to win it.

Seriously though Cena vs Taker/AJ are the only matches that are likely to main event Wrestlemania that wouldn't hugely piss people off.

I actually think this year is ripe for a Rumble winner being part of a match beforehand. If Roman has to beat KO, I'd like KO to enter the Rumble battered to fuck, survive, win. (He won't. His match against Jericho is all-but assured at Mania, and then Jericho's going on tour, so KO will be the US champion.) Same with AJ and, actually, Cena. Whoever loses, go into the Rumble, win that thing, get the rematch.

I never ever would have predicted that I would be okay with Cena winning the rumble. Huh. But I'd rather that than Goldberg (never going to happen), Lesnar (never going to happen) or Taker (unfortunately what I think will happen).

shanafan

Just starting to watch Smackdown and I'm already disgusted at the spray tan of Miz:

Gy8ttQJ.jpg

Like WTF? Do they really think tv viewers don't notice that shit?

And it's not only Miz, nearly everyone is just as bad as that

Nope, my only thoughts were.. Damn, Miz is awesome on the mic.

Ok so last night I sat down with undivided attention to watch the Omega VS. Okada match in its eternity.

My thoughts are:

Omega should have won, eveything was tight for him to win, I do not understand putting Okada over, unless Omega is done in Japan. It just didn't make sense.

It was an excellent match one of the best I have seen in a long long time, we are talking years.

Kenny is and has been top 5 performer for so long. His promos are just as good as his in ring stuff the last 12 months.

Something had clicked in 2016 for him, he put everything together. 2016 wrestler of the year, followed by AJ.

WWE would probably not know what to do with him, but at his age, and seeing how AJ has been handled, maybe its time for him to think about his $$ security.

YesManKablaam

Neo Member
My dream Rumble booking (that would likely make for terrible TV) is for a heel champ to defend the World Title earlier in the PPV, then enter the Rumble and win it, leading to Wrestlemania build-up where they just lord it over everyone that they have no contenders, with the icing on the cake being a WM Main Event where they just tear into the crowd and mock the audience watching. Could've maybe worked for Hollywood Heel Rock.

To make that idea a little more palatable, maybe have the champ win the Rumble with the help of a villainous stable, then over the course of the 'Mania buildup it starts to go to their head and they abuse their power, slowly irking the stable. Build up to a sorta inverse of Wrestlemania IX, where during their celebrations they call out the rival babyface to pity them, only to have the stable turn on the heel and give the face a fighting chance. Shock win, new champ blah blah blah.

I'd like it. Cater to me.

Tall4Life

My dream Rumble booking (that would likely make for terrible TV) is for a heel champ to defend the World Title earlier in the PPV, then enter the Rumble and win it, leading to Wrestlemania build-up where they just lord it over everyone that they have no contenders, with the icing on the cake being a WM Main Event where they just tear into the crowd and mock the audience watching. Could've maybe worked for Hollywood Heel Rock.
this is quite possibly the dumbest fantasy booking i have ever read, congratulations

Syder

Who is everyone predicting will win the Rumble this year?

I'm sticking with my Undertaker prediction. They're going to set up a big match with him and Cena, I can feel it.
I have to believe it won't be anyone on the front of that poster for my own sanity. No Cena, Taker, Oldberg, Brock or Roman.

Taker v Cena doesn't have to be the main event to draw and neither does a Brock/Goldberg rematch.

lol @ Corbin, it wasn't even a near fall, back and forth reversal/surprise finish.

Cena literally just done his signature move then pressed up on the stick to make him get up then did his finisher then pinned him.

Finn wins the Rumble

Finn vs Roman (ugh) for the Milkyway title at WM

Cena vs Undertaker

Goldberg vs Bork

Seth vs HHH

Owens vs Jericho

AJ vs Ambrose for the WWE title?

Miz vs D-Bry....'s picked opponent?

Crow Ziggler eliminates Strowman to win the rumble thing!

Rusev doing something cool!

Not sure how the womens stuff or tag will work out quite yet. Cesaro doing something cool I hope. Sasha/Charlotte/Bayley triple threat? Not sure Alexa and Becky could be drawn out that long? I hope Alexa has something important to do anyway. <3

Maybe the Cena and Taker thing will involve a title, but I think it's shit to not have AJ with that after all he's done - but that poster thing really shows how much they care about him.

Heroman

Banned
Ok so last night I sat down with undivided attention to watch the Omega VS. Okada match in its eternity.

My thoughts are:

Omega should have won, eveything was tight for him to win, I do not understand putting Okada over, unless Omega is done in Japan. It just didn't make sense.

It was an excellent match one of the best I have seen in a long long time, we are talking years.

Kenny is and has been top 5 performer for so long. His promos are just as good as his in ring stuff the last 12 months.

Something had clicked in 2016 for him, he put everything together. 2016 wrestler of the year, followed by AJ.

WWE would probably not know what to do with him, but at his age, and seeing how AJ has been handled, maybe its time for him to think about his $$ security.
Okada losing his his first Tokyo main event post Tanahashi feud would be dumb

Mahonay

Banned
Great episode of Smackdown again this week. They've gotten themselves into a really good groove. Although the main event was definitely the weakest segment.

I laughed out loud when Carmella botched hard with that jobber with some fucked up move right before putting her in the Code of Silence. JBL jumps on it "Wha...what was that move??". Mauro tries to cover "Well that was the Code of Silence of course!" JBL - "NO BEFORE THAT!". Lol

205 Live is back to being hot ass. Although Cedrick vs Noam was a really good match. And I will never get tired of Alicia going berserk.

And at least Neville vs Swann at the Rumble should be good.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Look at all these wannabee posers wishing they had the prestigious X-Division title.

P0C404c.png

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Everything you need to know about Raw:

YLZ7SrT.png

Saved you 90 minutes.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
you guys have been shitting on the young bucks a lot lately, Ive never actually seen a YB match, are they bad or are people just tired of them?

imBask

Banned
you guys have been shitting on the young bucks a lot lately, Ive never actually seen a YB match, are they bad or are people just tired of them?

"waaaahhhh they break kayfabe and don't fit the 50 year old wrestling mold waaah"

that's basically it, they're really good at modern wrestling

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
"waaaahhhh they break kayfabe and don't fit the 50 year old wrestling mold waaah"

that's basically it, they're really good at modern wrestling

oh is that why I saw some dude tweeting the young bucks were the Deadpool of wrestling, with all the 4th wall breaking? is there like a good example of this?

Top Bottom