• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

imBask

Banned
oh is that why I saw some dude tweeting the young bucks were the Deadpool of wrestling, with all the 4th wall breaking? is there like a good example of this?

CbK1QvwUsAAQC97.jpg

they proved that Kane doesn't live under the ring

absolutely disgusting

Mahonay

Banned
oh is that why I saw some dude tweeting the young bucks were the Deadpool of wrestling, with all the 4th wall breaking? is there like a good example of this?
Most or their gimmick involves 4th wall breaking type stuff. They have a finisher called The Meltzer Driver.

Oersted

And Cole's deal ends in like March, so they might have to give it to someone else again real soon :lol

And Dave said the only thing he knows for sure about Reigns' Mania plans is he won't be getting crowned champ there. If it happens, it's happening at the Rumble

Gotta defend your title at Wrestlemania and send the fans home happily

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what if Kenny Omega showed up at the Rumble...

and won it. You marks would piss your panties, admit it!

W1YgxyV.gif

Fox318

They didn't let AJ win the rumble why would they let Omega?

Omega will come to the WWE when he can't work the NJPW style.

somedevil

what if Kenny Omega showed up at the Rumble...

and won it. You marks would piss your panties, admit it!

It won't happen because his contract with New Japan ends on the 31st of January. He is not appearing no matter what even if John Cena right now is spelling out his twitter handle on instagram.

In a heartwarming story of rising to the top in the span of a year one man will go from being stiffed relentlessly by an angry 'is this motherfucker really trying to no sell me' Brock Lesnar during a rumble to winning the event twelve months later.

88246880892729d6ef4516fb8c9ae52a6a559cbd_hq.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I said if, its make believe, I know its not happening. Literal nofunallowed.jpg around here :(

Mahonay

Banned
GUYS WHAT IF SCOTT STEINER SHOWED UP AT THE RUMBLE AS THE #1 ENTRANT, SHOT ON HOGAN FOR NO REASON, AND THEN WON? YOU'D ALL TOTALLY PEE YOUR LITTLE MARK DIAPERS AMRITE???? LOL FATASSES

Rhaknar

GUYS WHAT IF SCOTT STEINER SHOWED UP AT THE RUMBLE AS THE #1 ENTRANT, SHOT ON HOGAN FOR NO REASON, AND THEN WON? YOU'D ALL TOTALLY PEE YOUR LITTLE MARK DIAPERS AMRITE???? LOL FATASSES

I would actually :(

MG310

It'll never happen but I hope they would throw us a surprise Rumble winner on the Raw side because there's no chance of that belt closing the show. Big E wins and we get New Day vs. Owens/Jericho while Roman and Seth go off to do their Mania storylines that don't need the belt.

imBask

Banned
yeah that's the thing... I really really like Omega but he's not going to be a top guy in WWE, get that out of your head

I would bet on him getting half the reaction AJ got at the Rumble if he shows up. He's known, but he's not AJ Styles-known

It'll never happen but I hope they would throw us a surprise Rumble winner on the Raw side because there's no chance of that belt closing the show.
Naito's throwing that IC belt in the trash on Monday after winning the Rumble. Then jobbing to DA BIG DAWG to make Dato cry.

Mahonay

Banned
I think Kenny could be big in the WWE if he ever came but if they wouldn't debut AJ Styles with a rumble win, no way in hell would Kenny.
If someone showed Vince that video of Kenny in a tag match with Asuka, where he has his entire naked ass exposed for a large portion of the match, I think he could be convinced.

Oersted

WHY ARE YOU YELLING AND TALKING ABOUT PEE??? ARE YOU ANOTHER HALL OF FAMER????

Sephzilla

The Royal Rumble could be like 90% old timers getting nostalgia pops and I really wouldn't care mostly because I don't care about most of the main roster when it comes to the Rumble

Hasney

The Royal Rumble could be like 90% old timers getting nostalgia pops and I really wouldn't care mostly because I don't care about most of the main roster when it comes to the Rumble

I only care about who could possibly win. I'm fine with surprises if they're coming back, but if some old jabronie just comes out for a pop then I couldn't give a shit.

I'll make an exception for Christian.

Fox318

Matt Hardy should be the goal for most wrestlers.

• Creative Control
  • Books own dates
  • Owns mechandising rights
  • Owns name
  • Owns the character rights
  • Doesn't need to work a bump heavy style (but he can if need be)

WWE showed with that shit ass new day segment that they simply can't produce the very thing that got Matt Hardy over.

Omega is probably the same way. Hell look at what they fucking did to the club. They jobbed em out quick as fuck so Xavier Woods could promote a youtube channel. Now they have zero fucking drawing power. Yeah they might be making more money but the second their WWE deal expires they will have to completely rebuild their wrestling drawing power.

Best thing Omega could do for himself financially is stay with NJPW as a drawing star if they are serious with plans to expand then at his peak go and ask the WWE for a Brock type deal. He isn't worth it now but if the WWE is looking to stop NJPW expansion into the US they will pay money to undercut the competition. Look at the fucking Brits the WWE suddenly took an intrest in when World of Spott when on TV.

imBask

Banned

agreed

it's what's fun about the rumble. And we already know there's like 3-4 true contenders anyway (read 1), might as well just fill the rest with fun pops

Kaladin

My Top 5 Picks for Winning the Royal Ramble:

1. Undertaker
2. Sami Zayn
3. Braun Strowman
4. Chris Jericho
5. Finn Balor

I see no path for a Smackdown guy to win the Ramble outside of Taker.

Hasney

agreed

it's what's fun about the rumble. And we already know there's like 3-4 true contenders anyway (read 1), might as well just fill the rest with fun pops

Or they could make it unpredictable. I guess that's too much to ask though.

Other than NXT debuts coming to the main roster, I'm not hyped for the Rumble at all. They're mostly all terrible.

Sephzilla

I don't give a shit about some pre-show tier superstar showing up in the Royal Rumble. Primo or Epico entering the Rumble is anti-hype. Keep people like that out of the Rumble and bring back people like HBK or Kurt Angle for some epic nostalgia pops.

Or they could make it unpredictable. I guess that's too much to ask though.

One could argue that a former World Champion coming back for a shot at WrestleMania is more unpredictable than Jack Swagger showing up.

Top Bottom