• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

7 thousand dislikes to the 1 thousand likes on the latest Emmalina video.

oprah-stare-gifnzafy.gif

Hasney

I'd rather Primo and Epico got paid than some former main eventer who already made his cash. Get to the pension line, asshole.

Kaladin

I don't give a shit about some pre-show tier superstar showing up in the Royal Rumble. Primo or Epico entering the Rumble is anti-hype. Keep people like that out of the Rumble and bring back people like HBK or Kurt Angle for some epic nostalgia pops.

You'll get the return of someone like the Dudleys and be happy about it.

If TJ Perkins turned heel he should have a GamerGater gimmick. Just go around being an absolute asshole calling people cucks, and whenever he does something bad and somebody calls him out he retorts with 'actually it's about ethics in game journalism'.

imBask

Banned
Roman Reigns
Goldberg
John Cena

There are no other contenders, none, zero

if Sami Zayn wins the rumble I will move to the US and vote for Trump 4 years from now

Hasney

Roman Reigns
Goldberg
John Cena

There are no other contenders, none, zero

if Sami Zayn wins the rumble I will move to the US and vote for Trump 4 years from now

Yeah, I know. I just think we should ask for better rather than wheeling out old men who will vanish again afterwards.

But lolWWE I guess.

Sephzilla

The Royal Rumble is frequently hyped as WWE's All Star show. Keyword is star. Primo and Epico are not stars, despite the word being part of their tag team name.

Let's not go 3-2-1-BZZZ "Come to Puerto Rico..."

Lets go 3-2-1 BZZZ *motherfucking glass shatters*

I want to be entertained by the Royal Rumble. Seeing pre-show jobbers who suck enter the Royal Rumble isn't entertaining.

If TJ Perkins turned heel he should have a GamerGater gimmick. Just go around being an absolute asshole calling people cucks, and whenever he does something bad and somebody calls him out he retorts with 'actually it's about ethics in game journalism'.
They do say the best wrestling characters are the ones that reflect how the person actually is in real life.

Hasney

The Royal Rumble is frequently hyped as WWE's All Star show. Keyword is star. Primo and Epico are not stars, despite the word being part of their tag team name.

WWE hypes Wrestlemania as their best PPV of the year. They say a lot of things.

Glass breaking will probably be Epico dressed as Austin anyway.

Sephzilla

If they want to go the unpredictable route have Sami Zayn, Samoa Joe, or The Miz win the Rumble. I also still love the idea of Miz entering at #30 and coming in to Daniel Bryan's theme music.

Kaladin

I want to be entertained by the Royal Rumble. Seeing pre-show jobbers who suck enter the Royal Rumble isn't entertaining.

There is no better way to kill momentum in a Rumble than loading it in the middle with jobbers. I'm looking at you 2016.

Hasney

They should have had Santino win that Rumble that ADR won. Let ADR win his shot at the next PPV, but the pop Santino had when it looked like he was about to win was nuts and then it would have had that air of unpredictablity.

mfw the countdowns for the rumble are entirely the number ten being chanted

BHBQttw.gif

Your face because you have no soul? That's a damn shame.

There is no better way to kill momentum in a Rumble than loading it in the middle with jobbers. I'm looking at you 2016.

Jobbers like Kevin Nash? Because he did the job in that match.

Sephzilla

Old shits who are old but over > young talent who will never be over. I wouldn't want an old timer taking a Royal Rumble spot from someone like Zayn or Bray Wyatt, but they can sure as shit take spots from Titus O'Niel, Jack Swagger, or Curtis Axel.

They should have had Santino win that Rumble that ADR won. Let ADR win his shot at the next PPV, but the pop Santino had when it looked like he was about to win was nuts and then it would have had that air of unpredictablity.

See also: When Santino almost beat Daniel Bryan for the WHC at Elimination Chamber.

Cena and Reigns will win the belts before the Rumble and fans will have hope that maybe it'll at least end well

mfw the countdowns for the rumble are entirely the number ten being chanted

BHBQttw.gif

He'll come out at 9 or 11 and it's going to be the first time in the match the fans realize they're fucked

I still want my fantasy booking of Lesnar clearing the rumble ring of jobbers as he stands waiting for the next person and then Joe's theme hits to happen dammit.

Hasney

I still want my fantasy booking of Lesnar clearing the rumble ring of jobbers as he stands waiting for the next person and then Joe's theme hits to happen dammit.

And gets thrown straight out before his theme stops because Lesnar is a part timer.

Then they play his original music.

Sephzilla

Goldberg and Lesnar are both in the ring, along with a few others. They look like they're about to start fighting each other, then they simultaneously turn around and take out everyone else in the match. After everyone is eliminated they have another staredown, then the countdown buzzer goes off and Samoa Joe's music hits.

He'll come out at 9 or 11 and it's going to be the first time in the match the fans realize they're fucked
Having someone like Miz come out at number ten mocking the chant and then a pissed off Tye coming out at 11 would be kind of funny.

And gets thrown straight out before his theme stops because Lesnar is a part timer.

Then they play his original music.
I lol'd.

But really though, Joe vs a Lesnar who gives a shit would be a good match.

Hasney

Goldberg and Lesnar are both in the ring, along with a few others. They look like they're about to start fighting each other, then they simultaneously turn around and take out everyone else in the match. After everyone is eliminated they have another staredown, then the countdown buzzer goes off and Samoa Joe's music hits.

No, sorry. Joes spot has been taken because Road Dogg wanted a payday. Enjoy!

Joe swaggering down to the ring like he doesn't give a fuck.

QONVIyz.gif

imBask

Banned

Goldberg and Lesnar team up and throw Joe over the rope in an instant?

Sephzilla

Actually if the Rumble had a moment were Lesnar, Joe, Goldberg, and Braun were all in the ring at the same time I think I'd mark out a bit because a fucking Kaiju battle would break out during the Royal Rumble.

Is that Coors Light? Cancelling my NJPW sub. No Ace would drink that.

Think about it this way, he's drinking water to stay hydrated.

I am curious how they handle Brock and Goldberg getting eliminated.

It's gonna be some shitty spot where they both somehow eliminate each other, isn't it?

Also Triple H will finally grace us with his presence by running in and tossing Seth over the top rope and then the next night go on to bless us with a ratings saving forty minute promo.

Hasney

It's gonna be some shitty spot where they both somehow eliminate each other, isn't it?

Also Triple H will finally grace us with his presence by running in and tossing Seth over the top rope and then the next night go on to bless us with a ratings saving forty minute promo.

It'll be the shining stars giving them a trip to Puerto Rico and because they're part time anyway, they go and have a lovely time.

Just the overall mental gymnastics of how they'll keep everyone 50/50 during the Rumble will be impressive to see.

Anth0ny

this would be a badass way to debut joe and cement him instantly as a main event player on the main roster

I expect that spot to go to stroman, corbin or undertaker, though. which isn't awful, but those guys are already over.

Sounds about right.

somedevil

If anyone from NXT would be in the rumble it would be Joe and Tye at 10.

The biggest "surprise" would be Balor coming back and pulling a Cena and coming in as number 30.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The people winning the Rumble are Goldberg, Lesnar, Undertaker. Nobody on the regular roster is getting a title shot. Given Goldberg/Lesnar, its just Undertaker winning.

Imagine if Goldberg and Brock teamed up to eliminate a bunch of people like Big Show and Kane did during the 2015 Royal Rumble. Just plucking them off the ground and lightly tossing them over the top rope.

Top Bottom