• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Sephzilla

I'm a huge mark for Undertaker and even I have to say him winning the Royal Rumble would be a symbol of everything that is wrong with WWE. I'm totally cool with old timers participating in the Royal Rumble, but an old timer winning it - especially Taker - is preposterous.

Granted, this is probably the only way Vince knows how to end the Rumble without boos.

Syder

I saw a bookie making Chris Jericho second favourite behind Taker to win the RR.

Can you imagine telling someone that 15 years ago?

Hasney

Imagine if Goldberg and Brock teamed up to eliminate a bunch of people like Big Show and Kane did during the 2015 Royal Rumble. Just plucking them off the ground and lightly tossing them over the top rope.

Yeah, revisit the biggest anti-climax of all time. PLEASE DO!

Jesus Christ, just have Alex Riley come out at #1 and go the distance at this rate if you really want to kill it.

Sephzilla

Likely Rumble winners: Goldberg, Roman, Undertaker
Likely surprise entrants: Balor, Joe, Austin, HBK (the later two because Texas)
Dark horse winners: Jericho, Balor, Zayn, Miz

Nekofrog

Banned
If TJ Perkins turned heel he should have a GamerGater gimmick. Just go around being an absolute asshole calling people cucks, and whenever he does something bad and somebody calls him out he retorts with 'actually it's about ethics in game journalism'.

I see that shit all day I don't need to see it in my play fighting

Also, fuck hhh

Sephzilla

Finn Balor can fuck off.

I desperately want Balor to do something cool with the Demon gimmick but WWE is going to ruin it and Balor himself seems content in just making it war paint. I'd really like them to go a split-personality route and have Demon Balor do a completely different entrance than normal Finn and have a different more brutal and savage move set.

Oersted

CshjVVQ.jpg

Probably already posted but fuck it

klonere

Banned
I desperately want Balor to do something cool with the Demon gimmick but WWE is going to ruin it and Balor himself seems content in just making it war paint. I'd really like them to go a split-personality route and have Demon Balor do a completely different entrance than normal Finn and have a different more brutal and savage move set.

Nah, its really clear with Balor on social media and how he's been outside of the ring that he's positioned as a total kid friendly merch selling machine. He will stay the way he his to keep the gimmicks at the table flowing to mark parents.

Sephzilla

Rusev should dump out HBK on his boney old arse 5 seconds after he gets into the ring.

I hope Rusev gets to be in the Rumble more this year. He was quick Roman food last year :( At least have him stay in the Rumble long enough to confront Kurt Angle

How has Finn's recovery been? Because I thought he would need Cena healing powers to be back for the rumble.

Also the demon character is still the funniest thing ever when Balor in real life is well-known for being a big ol' Lego loving softie.

Rumble winners: Roman, Goldberg, Brock, Cena, Taker
Surprise entrants: Tye, Joe
Surprise entrant that can win: Finn
Lets be real he's going to win anyway: HHH

How has Finn's recovery been? Because I thought he would need Cena healing powers to be back for the rumble.

Also the demon character is still the funniest thing ever when Balor in real life is well-known for being a big ol' Lego loving softie.

His use of it in NJPW is way less corny

Likely Rumble winners: Goldberg, Roman, Undertaker
Likely surprise entrants: Balor, Joe, Austin, HBK (the later two because Texas)
Dark horse winners: Jericho, Balor, Zayn

I don't see Goldberg winning it as I don't see how that will play into a Goldberg / Brock match at Wrestlemania. I think Brock, Goldberg, Taker and maybe Strowman will be the last 4 and that Brock will cost Goldberg his shot, hence they rematch at Mania. At least that's probably how the 'play it safe' booking of WWE will work.

There's also incentive for Taker to assist Goldberg in dumping Lesnar out of the rumble given that he broke the streak.

Given that rumor has it that it's Rollins/HHH at Mania and that I expect a K.O vs Jericho match, I'd suspect a Reigns vs Taker match at Mania. But that would involve Reigns turning heel most likely, which WWE is too stupid to do.

Hasney

If Lex Luger runs someone down in a wheelchair, I will agree that nostlagia pops can be good in the Rumble. Maybe bring back Droz too.

Sephzilla

I love how some people are frowning on nostalgia for the Royal Rumble when the alternative is watching a Royal Rumble where 75% of the field gets little to no reaction what so ever. In other words it's a replay of last years Rumble.

Rusev going from being dominant in the 2015 rumble who lasted over half an hour and also into the final two to being the first eliminated in the 2016 one is still terrible.

Nekofrog

Banned
I don't get why they're so terrified of turning big merch pushers heel, as if it will suddenly stop them from selling their massive amounts of shirts and headbands and gloves and babby bibs. They'll still sell, except instead of selling to kids now they'll all to smarky assclowns who like to cheer the heels. 32 year old men wearing a roman reigns spinning propeller hat unironically.

Hasney

I love how some people are frowning on nostalgia for the Royal Rumble when the alternative is watching a Royal Rumble where 75% of the field gets little to no reaction what so ever. In other words it's a replay of last years Rumble.

No, the alternative is fast forwarding through regardless since they can;t make an entertaining match and thinking since I won't see them anyway, may as well be a guy who needs the money rather than a cripple.

We all know who is winning the rumble

Bzzzt

https://youtu.be/mM-hD-iJ9NI

He wouldn't last 2 minutes 30 seconds.

Bring back the OG rumble or World War 3 and you wont need nostalgia.

Sephzilla

No, the alternative is fast forwarding through regardless since they can;t make an entertaining match and thinking since I won't see them anyway, may as well be a guy who needs the money rather than a cripple.

OLD TIMERS CAN STILL MAKE THINGS ENTERTAINING

image.php

Anth0ny

I don't get why they're so terrified of turning big merch pushers heel, as if it will suddenly stop them from selling their massive amounts of shirts and headbands and gloves and babby bibs. They'll still sell, except instead of selling to kids now they'll all to smarky assclowns who like to cheer the heels. 32 year old men wearing a roman reigns spinning propeller hat unironically.

it's true. I think da meltz said bullet club sells more merch than everyone besides the very top wwe stars like cena.

Sephzilla

Because they don't want to give justification to the belief that Cena should have turned heel years ago

Top Bottom