• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Didn't Naito take most of those taunts from his group when he was Mexico except the eye one?

Also, everyone cheers for Nak even outside of full sail.
Did he? I'm not really sure. I just went through a bunch of Ingobernable stuff on YT and can't find them ever doing it. But holy shit did La Sombra save Naito. Gave him pretty much everything that makes him so great.

Sombra looks miserable in NXT. He's got no heat, they took his mask gimmick, they gave him a shitty one, and he's probably looking at all these guys getting signed and going for the belt before him going "The fuck?"
I think he's gone when his contract expires.

Heroman

Banned
Did he? I'm not really sure. I just went through a bunch of Ingobernable stuff on YT and can't find them ever doing it. But holy shit did La Sombra save Naito. Gave him pretty much everything that makes him so great.

Sombra looks miserable in NXT. He's got no heat, they took his mask gimmick, they gave him a shitty one, and he's probably looking at all these guys getting signed and going for the belt before him going "The fuck?"
La somba should have known WWE can't book Latino wrestlers.

somedevil

When Naito went down in Mexico he joined the group and basically got all the ideas from them like the suit and the taunts and formed the Japanese branch.

The eye taunt he does came from Mexican fans making fun of his Japanese characteristics.

Also, since he turned heel Cien has found his groove again. He is going to wrestle in the takeover in Texas.

That would be difficult.

For real.

zJOJNEu.png

La somba should have known WWE can't book Latino wrestlers.
At least in NXT there was a chance.

When Naito went down in Mexico he joined the group and basically got all the ideas from them like the suit and the taunts and formed the Japanese branch.

The eye taunt he does came from Mexican fans making fun of his Japanese characteristics.

Also, since he turned heel Cien has found his groove again. He is going to wrestle in the takeover in Texas.
I knew about the eye, but had no idea about the suits.
Who's he wrestling?

Binging through Sombra/Ingobernable matches reminded me how much I hated watching lucha as a kid. I could never get into it.

UberTag

Because he's not performing to the best of his ability - he's performing to what he can get away with. That's what mailing it in means.

I'm not knocking the guy for it. I would too. He has charisma as a wrestler whether he's doing crazy stuff or not.
If anyone deserves to mail it in in this business, it's Nakamura. The man has more natural charisma in his pinkie finger than just about the entire roster combined.
I will never knock him for it. He's earned this.

Certainly a hell of a lot more than someone like Ambrose who mails it in on the regular and will easily have a more decorated WWE career when all is said and done.

Of course, this does also condemn the WWE once again for not utilizing their talent to their full potential. But hey, that's nothing new.

Mania updates

There have been some changes made in WrestleMania plans as noted in recent weeks, with the major thing being that the proposed Undertaker vs. John Cena match is off the boards. Vince McMahon changed his mind on the match, which was to be one of the two biggest matches in 2016, and at one point one of the top matches for the 4/2 show in Orlando.

On other matches:

Roman Reigns will obviously be in one of the major matches on the show. This also leaves open spots for Cena, A.J. Styles, Finn Balor (who is expected to be back in action around March unless that date is a Rumble swerve, which it probably isn’t) and Dean Ambrose. Ambrose and Miz is just starting as a program and timing wise I could see them building to a blow-off. But there is a tradition of the multiple person ladder match over the IC title as well, although I could also see them doing the first major show women’s ladder match instead. If Jericho is to retain the U.S. title, that would seem earmarked for the Owens match, if that is the direction they continue.

More:

Undertaker, and whoever was to challenge for the Universal title on Raw, would have been Rumble favorites if the idea was to go with tradition and have the Rumble winner challenge for one of the two the major titles at Mania.While connecting dots can come up with a pretty good idea of the show, the key things known is that Undertaker right now is not scheduled to challenge for either title on the show. He did appear on the 1/9 Raw show, after first arriving on Smackdown, because when he was on Smackdown, it was to build for him to face Cena. Now he will face someone on the Raw roster. There was a tease of Braun Strowman on Raw, but it will not be Strowman as things stand right now.

Plus:

There will be six or seven major main event level singles matches on the show, not including cruiserweights or women. The women’s match is not finalized, but Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks vs. Bayley vs. Nia Jax is the current proposed main woman’s match.

GunBR

So Taker isn't fighting against Cena, AJ, Roman and Braun

Balor?

And I hope that Roman vs Braun for the Universal title is at least before AJ vs Cena for the WWE title
Let's not end the show with Roman again

UberTag

So Taker isn't fighting against Cena, AJ, Roman and Braun

Balor?
Balor is the only remaining viable option. Their entrances alone will fill up 30 minutes of the card.
Roman vs. Braun has disaster written all over it so hopefully they don't go that route.

Anth0ny

I've got fillings next week so anything really cold would be bad for me until then

ahh that sucks

when I had my 4 wisdom teeth out i pretty much played ps2 and gamecube all day with one hand, iced my swollen jaw due to the doctor performing strong style, and ate... liquids. soup and ice cream was pretty much all I could do.

lost some solid weight, though. that was nice.

Raw64life

Very happy to hear that Cena/Taker appears to be off the board. Zero interest in that match.

Styles/Taker please.
It's gonna be Roman

As far as the uk tournament:

C18JpGLXcAAFK_5.jpg

Joe:

The WrestleMania show isn’t finalized, but there is an idea on the table where Joe will debut with a major push and be in one of the top few matches on the show, which also makes it likely he’s starting very soon and would have to have a big Rumble if he’s in it.

Fox318

Joe:

The WrestleMania show isn’t finalized, but there is an idea on the table where Joe will debut with a major push and be in one of the top few matches on the show, which also makes it likely he’s starting very soon and would have to have a big Rumble if he’s in it.

Shoot:
Joe should come in and be the special guest ref since no other ref feels safe with the two of them in the ring. Also the match is Now a lions den match to capitalize off of Lesnars UFC run and Goldberg's career with MMA with eliteXC and Showtime.

As far as the uk tournament:

C18JpGLXcAAFK_5.jpg

Joe:

Cena/Joe is so happening.

Shoot:
Joe should come in and be the special guest ref since no other ref feels safe with the two of them in the ring. Also the match is Now a lions den match to capitalize off of Lesnars UFC run and Goldberg's career with MMA with eliteXC and Showtime.
Shamrock, 20 year anniversary

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
ahh that sucks

when I had my 4 wisdom teeth out i pretty much played ps2 and gamecube all day with one hand, iced my swollen jaw due to the doctor performing strong style, and ate... liquids. soup and ice cream was pretty much all I could do.

lost some solid weight, though. that was nice.

I get my fillings in one week. I already know the day or the day after I get them and my dentist gives me the 'ok' I'm going to pig the fuck out. There's been a spot on one of my teeth that has completely prevented me from enjoying so many foods. I'm gonna be so happy when I can stuff my face again instead of drinking this shitty non-filling soup

somedevil

Some NXT news:

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that WWE is planning to repackage several NXT talents including Blake and Murphy, Steve Cutler, Aliyah, Riddick Moss, Tino Sabbatelli, Dan Matha and TM-61. The TM-61 gimmick change won’t be likely to happen right away because Shane Thorne is injured.

– On that note, the site adds that Thorne will undergo knee surgery tomorrow due to an injury suffered at last week’s NXT tapings. He will be out of action for several months. TM-61 was planned to feud with The Revival but that will obviously have to change.

Lot of knee injuries and shoulder injuries. It seems revival should be called up now.

If Elimination Chamber is a Smackdown PPV then I don't think a SD guy is going to win the rumble.

The EC match will have the winner face the WWE Champion at WM.

Fox318

Jesus Christ

Going back and watching some of these promos from the 70s and 80s

Vince killed what made wrestlers over holy fuck

Top Bottom