• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Heroman

Banned
What "killed" Wrestling has really nothing to do with flips or promos etc. Most had to do with the fakeness of wrestling , WWE has no competition, and the rise of MMA. Actually the rise of MMA is probably hurt wrestling.

lol similar bodies

lifetime nattys will never have a body that is close to being similar to prime Benoit or Guerrero

Backstage%2BTalk.gif

of course it matters, you need a presence in the ring in which body plays a role
YOU'RE JUST A MARK DUDE. I'M IN THE GYM 8 HOURS A DAY FILLING OUT MY FRAME WHILE YOU'RE SITTING AT HOME BUYING MY SHIRTS!

Everyone being in on the work, "heels" on Twitter kissing babies, WWE's insistance on treating things like a TV show instead of anything close to legitimate or really any actual sense of reality. But really, what do we know? How's our territory doing? It didn't before but "Lana's" Twitter irritates me, I'm pretty that at least at some point she like Rusev tried to at least keep some semblance of kayfabe, at this point they should just drop her Russian bullshit, it's dead.

Shame is Stroman and Corbin could fit those roles of much better than they are now. Imagine if those 2 trained in a New Japan dojo and fucking dressed like main eventers?

A few years in Japan to toughen them up, sure, only problem with Stroman though is while he has the size but the dude doesn't really look intimidating IMO because he's got a baby face and the beard can only hide it so much, honestly I see him as someone who could benefit from a little face paint. Corbin has come a long way since his NXT debut but dude still needs to wear a tank top because he doesn't have that impressive of a physique to show off but yeah, both of them could use some ring gear that doesn't make them look like they just walked off the street. Most importantly though, both could use lessons in looking mean and intimidating which maybe they could also pick up in Japan.

You're gonna make FE post that pic of him next to Kevin Owens making him look like a middle school janitor.

Another one, as much as I can enjoy his work he looks like a dude who would be having a fanboy discussion/argument with a Gamestop employee. That said, he can at least pull off the mean streak bit when he isn't scripted to act like a goof.

Adree

What "killed" Wrestling has really nothing to do with flips or promos etc. Most had to do with the fakeness of wrestling , WWE has no competition, and the rise of MMA. Actually the rise of MMA is probably hurt wrestling.

And now UFC has become so much like pro wrestling that not having any top stars left except Conor is going to murder them this year.

Drawing conclusions from everything Meltzer has said this week about Undertaker's WM match (not a title match, not Cena, not Strowman, someone on Raw), I feel like it's going to end up being against Balor.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I keep picking random WWF PPVs during the Attitude Era just to see the fuss and wind up skipping nearly every match

Trash promotion. Trash era.

UberTag

Drawing conclusions from everything Meltzer has said this week about Undertaker's WM match (not a title match, not Cena, not Strowman, someone on Raw), I feel like it's going to end up being against Balor.
How could it possibly be anyone else?

I suspect they'll do with Balor what they refused to do with Bray Wyatt 2 years ago and effectively have Taker "pass the torch" as far as the silly icon / crazy entrance / creatures of the night / voodoo mumbojumbo gimmickry is concerned.

They can kick off an untarnished Mania streak with Balor, too. He hasn't wrestled at the event before.

Browny

Banned
FE looking more talented than Big Cass.

OMFG FE AND BRONSON ARE THE PRECURSOR TO ENZO AND BIG CASS (although Bronson is neither a certified g nor a bone fida stud lol)

Browny

Banned
If Enzo and Big Cass followed FE and Bronson, who in turn followed Devitt and Bad Luck Fale, does the "big man little man" combo go all the way back to Shawn and Diesel?

Well, to be fair, you cant teach that.
Lmao.

Also it's funny that Bronson won't see this for a few hours, as he's probably curled up asleep
in FE's fanny pack - yeah, we all know you've got one, to pay homage to THE Rock

I'll give it to Kevin Dunn, once upon a time the shots they went with made the WWF unique.

I think the move to bigger stages and bigger venues led to wider and blander coverage.
I blame modern action movies. Some of those films' camerawork easily rivals WWE, especially Bourne films. Hard to believe it didn't inspire at least doubling down on the shots

That's the one. Very insightful. Makes me want to be a manager even more now.

It's one of the few physical wrestling documentaries I own. This, and the Brian Pillman one; I plan on getting the Owen Hart one very soon.

To me Stephanie didn't seem annoying; I'm going to have to re-watch.

I'm going to ask a question and you all are to answer truthfully. Did you think that the xfl would feature wwf superstars that used to play football like the rock and Austin and would be similar to nfl blitz?

Obviously I did.

It's one of the few physical wrestling documentaries I own. This, and the Brian Pillman one; I plan on getting the Owen Hart one very soon.

To me Stephanie didn't seem annoying; I'm going to have to re-watch.
Re watch it with the new glasses on and take away everything that you've learned regarding the whole SD first split. Also the feud between those two. It seems so fake, her comments that is.

Another thing Meltzer mentioned this week is that, while there's no deal in place at the moment, the expected destination for Kyle O'Reilly is WWE.

Top Bottom