• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Hasney

Sorry to break it to you but you watch wrestling, you're a mark too.

The fact a community based on enjoying fake athletics somehow loves to belittle others within it is quite amusing.

what-a-mark-2-o.gif

Yeah I'm a lot more happy over how backstage just seems to be everyone playing video games instead of taking drugs or getting into fights with each other all the time.

Yeah I'm a lot more happy over how backstage just seems to be everyone playing video games instead of taking drugs or getting into fights with each other all the time.
Nah, 'Heath Slater has major heat backstage after being found to be cheating at Madden' isn't half as good of a scandal as 'Heath Slater has major heat for turning up lit and pissing in John Cenas bag' is it?

Alberto Del Rio is single handed lay keeping the hot ass rasslin gossip game alive at the moment.

Nah, 'Heath Slater has major heat backstage after being found to be cheating at Madden' isn't half as good of a scandal as 'Heath Slater has major heat for turning up lit and pissing in John Cenas bag' is it?

Alberto Del Rio is single handed lay keeping the hot ass rasslin gossip game alive at the moment.

Wrestling gossip isn't always a good thing.

Hasney

Well Cody is back in TNA with this new angle with Moose:

Scoop #24: Cody & Brandi Rhodes are out, Cody says he has been everywhere but now he is back at Impact Wrestling

Scoop #25: Cody asked about the owl in the logo, said we have to name the owl

Scoop #26: Cody said the crowd is just too sweet

Scoop #27: Cody wants to personally thank Moose for helping Brandi with Decay, so he asks Moose to come out

Scoop #28: Cody says Moose is family to them and is a Rhodes, Moose says he will always have both of their backs

Scoop #29: Cody is mad that Brandi has Moose's number, asks them if they are going to sleep together

Scoop #30: Cody says Moose isn't a friend, Moose is a slut

Scoop #31: Brandi asks Cody if he's joking, Cody says he's joking, perhaps it was in bad taste, but then kicks Moose in the balls

Scoop #32: Cody beats down Moose, then makes a Bullet Club hand gesture to Moose while he's on the ground before grabbing Brandi and leaving

Interesting

tumblr_ojmkvwtCbS1u9rkhoo1_400.gif

If a roided up freak from the 80s was given the same terrible promos in the same terrible storylines with the same language nobody anywhere uses, scripted to fuck, as they are today they won't get over either.

Hasney

If a roided up freak from the 80s was given the same terrible promos in the same terrible storylines with the same language nobody anywhere uses, scripted to fuck, as they are today they won't get over either.

I don't know about that. Cocaine is a helluva drug and they'd likely go off script.

Striker

Yeah. I could totally envision Apollo Crews, Seth Rollins, or Cesaro cutting that Randy Savage promo and having it just as intense and dramatic - if not more!

Yeah. I could totally envision Apollo Crews, Seth Rollins, or Cesaro cutting that Randy Savage promo and having it just as intense and dramatic - if not more!

I'm not saying those guys could do that. Not many could. I am more curious how a Savage or someone would manage in the current professional environment.

there's pretty much nowhere you can go nowadays that cultivates real promo building skills. Yeah WWE has classes and shit but they're "modern WWE promos" where you don't talk like a real person, forced to always use the correct corporate vernacular, it's hard to grow and find yourself in that kind of system.

Nekofrog

Banned
there's pretty much nowhere you can go nowadays that cultivates real promo building skills. Yeah WWE has classes and shit but they're "modern WWE promos" where you don't talk like a real person, forced to always use the correct corporate vernacular, it's hard to grow and find yourself in that kind of system.

literally the best example of this is whenever anyone had to interact with anyone else on the show (and that's pretty much all of the time) in the buildup to Roadblock, they always had to say "Roadblock: End of the Line" and in some cases "WWE Roadblock: End of the Line". try giving a back and forth promo without having to say it 5 times

its the same thing with "WWE <insert championship here>" everytime they're referring to a belt. just from a literal dialogue standpoint it's horrendous. "branding" over all else

Adree

literally the best example of this is whenever anyone had to interact with anyone else on the show (and that's pretty much all of the time) in the buildup to Roadblock, they always had to say "Roadblock: End of the Line" and in some cases "WWE Roadblock: End of the Line". try giving a back and forth promo without having to say it 5 times

its the same thing with "WWE <insert championship here>" everytime they're referring to a belt. just from a literal dialogue standpoint it's horrendous. "branding" over all else

What's really silly about that is they just had to reuse Roadblock as a name twice in a year even though it made far more sense as a "ppv" before Wrestlemania and not some random ppv at the end of the year. Like anyone gives a shit about them just making new names up. It's not like you can view entire years of PPVs at once anyway so it's confusing no matter how they display it on the network.

UberTag

Most of it is nonsensical rules and branding, too. Can't say wrestler or belt. Must refer to Kane as The Demon Kane or Balor as The Demon King. Can't say audience... nope, that's the WWE Universe. You're lucky to get away with a "you people" these days.

I mean, I'm all for doing away with the rigid scripting and getting all of these guys proper improv training but they'd be rigidly handcuffed by all of these nonsensical rules regardless.

klonere

Banned
The Observer this week all but confirming Hogan will be coming back.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccckkkkkkkkkk the Double U Double U E.

Earthquake managed to cut awesome promos because the dude had an intensity to him. It was wonderful. And every single one of them amounted to them basically saying "I hate you, I'm going to crush you". There something to be said about simplicity w/ intensity.

Now? You just get forced acting or wrestlers flipping personalities through their promo (sasha w/ the boss)

Hasney

Huh, Alexa Bliss has held the Smackdown belt longer than the combined time Sasha has held the Raw belt with all those silly reigns.

korly

It's one of the few physical wrestling documentaries I own. This, and the Brian Pillman one; I plan on getting the Owen Hart one very soon.

To me Stephanie didn't seem annoying; I'm going to have to re-watch.

Don't do it man, huge disappointment. Just wait for it to hit The Network.

Top Bottom