• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

who's that lady you guys keep posting and why should I care? is she like a vaudevillains or something?

It's CJ Lunde/Thunderkitty. Hopefully WWE sign her so she can continue her epic feud with Heidi;

iWM1AAu.jpg

Cornette makes you think and talk.

Oh yeah, he really makes me think with hot takes like "they should've done a count out finish". At the Dome, Jim? C'mon. Or, "there needs to be more punches" in the promotion where closed fist punches are banned. And don't forget "there's not enough selling / they sold too much".

In all seriousness, I would love a Cornette autobiography and generally enjoy Jim's opinions and insight into wrestling from a couple of decades ago. No interest in hearing what he thinks of it today though.

It's CJ Lunde/Thunderkitty. Hopefully WWE sign her so she can continue her epic feud with Heidi;

iWM1AAu.jpg

Oh yeah, he really makes me think with hot takes like "they should've done a count out finish". At the Dome, Jim? C'mon. Or, "there needs to be more punches" in the promotion where closed fist punches are banned. And don't forget "there's not enough selling / they sold too much".

In all seriousness, I would love a Cornette autobiography and generally enjoy Jim's opinions and insight into wrestling from a couple of decades ago. No interest in hearing what he thinks of it today though.
I'd like to see him give colour in a promotion today just because he would legit get heat. I'm sure if he walked into roh, njpw, etc he'd be getting a side eye the entire time.

I'm still surprised he didn't shit on ricochet and osprey as I figured ge would. He went in more on this match than that one. Very bizarre.

Skimmed through RAW & Smackdown last night.

RAW:

- I really wish they wouldnt bury the Undertaker character. Dude takes his old ass time to get into ring to announce he's in the rumble and leaves. Wow. Profound dude. If that is the best they have for him, they should just retire Calloway and the Undertaker gimmick. I get this is spectacle but it is meaningless spectacle. Foley was the real winner here, carrying a history of scars and emotions which weighed on him while asking UT to come on out. Good stuff there.

- I loved Jericho winning a belt. Long overdue for JKO to be perfectly honest.

- Gotta give Roman credit selling the beating he took in the ME, especially after that first codebreaker.

Smackdown:

- Baron Corbin was the winner of the evening. Love his offensive moves (his punch to Cena's face as Cena was getting up from the mat was beautiful). They're doing a great job of hiding his inexperience however with how they're limiting how he moves and sets up spots in the ring (this was Cena's job). Did really well with trash talking.

- Becky's fist pumping enthusiasm is bizarre. I remember her doing this when Daniel Bryan and Shane announced Women's belt with all women lined up in the ring. It's endearing in that it looks like shes being authentic but doesn't make it look any less goofy.

- Bliss is a great promo.

-The Wyatt family storyline is good stuff.

I keep going back on RAW and Smackdown and I kow general consensus here is that Smackdown is the better show but I gravitate to the characters on RAW. Smackdown has unquestionably better writing to tell stories for characters I just don't care about though.

Almas wearing an earring while wrestling irritates me.

I know people don't believe it but Billie Kay has been wrestling for nearly a decade and was initially trained by Madison Eagles while Peyton is going on eight years in the business and after moving from Australia had some training under Lance Storm.

Earthquake managed to cut awesome promos because the dude had an intensity to him. It was wonderful. And every single one of them amounted to them basically saying "I hate you, I'm going to crush you". There something to be said about simplicity w/ intensity.

Now? You just get forced acting or wrestlers flipping personalities through their promo (sasha w/ the boss)

Earthquake was a real motherfucker, dude had the size and the athleticism for a guy that big that he should've gotten a world title run instead of being another victim of the Hogan feud cycle. *Stomps in place while cutting a promo*

I'm still surprised he didn't shit on ricochet and osprey as I figured ge would. He went in more on this match than that one. Very bizarre.

The thing with the Ricochet/Ospreay match was that, outside of the opening back-and-forth sequence and the finishing stretch, it really wasn't that illogical - Ricochet controlled well and it told a good story of the young up and comer being out-manoeuvred, only to catch the veteran by surprise for the win.

Jim said the Omega vs Okada match was a great 20 minute match that went 46 minutes for no good reason. I can see his point, but while no one's going to be remembering that match for the first fifteen minutes, I felt it was necessary to build the crowd to such a fever pitch.

To those of you that care
WWE 2K17 has enjoyed great success since its fall release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360. Now we have some great news for PC fans! WWE 2K17 will launch worldwide on PC February 7, which is over a month earlier than last year’s entry. We’re also offering two exciting options for fans:

WWE 2K17 Standard Edition

$49.99/£39.99/€49.99
Pre-order for a 10% discount
Copy of WWE 2K17 video game
Goldberg Pack (included in every copy): access to two playable versions of legendary WCW and WWE star Bill Goldberg, as well as playable WCW Monday Nitro and Halloween Havoc arenas

WWE 2K17 Deluxe Edition

$74.99/£60.99/€74.99
Pre-order for a 15% discount
Copy of WWE 2K17 video game
Goldberg Pack (included in every copy): access to two playable versions of legendary WCW and WWE star Bill Goldberg, as well as playable WCW Monday Nitro and Halloween Havoc arenas
Season Pass
MyPlayer Kickstart
Accelerator
NXT Enhancement Pack
Legends Pack
New Moves Pack
Future Stars Pack
Hall of Fame Showcase (Available post-launch)

Season Pass

$29.99/£24.99/€29.99
MyPlayer Kickstart
Accelerator
NXT Enhancement Pack
Legends Pack
New Moves Pack
Future Stars Pack
Hall of Fame Showcase (Available post-launch)

All DLC released to date for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 will be available for PC immediately at launch. Any future DLC released after the February 7 PC launch will be available on PC at a later time.

https://wwe.2k.com/news/wwe-2k17-pc-release

klonere

Banned
Corbin works pretty damn hard in his matches. He just needs to tone down the taunt spamming. He kinda gets carried away with it.

I kinda want Asuka to just slaughter Peyton, Billie maybe even Nikki, as much as I'd hate it, at Takeover after what happened. Expecting a spot in that match where Billie and Peyton quickly try to pin each other to get the title off Asuka but it getting foiled.

Only marks like Blue Liston to cornette. Dude is working you for clicks
You know you like going fishing with Jim, don't lie.

The thing with the Ricochet/Ospreay match was that, outside of the opening back-and-forth sequence and the finishing stretch, it really wasn't that illogical - Ricochet controlled well and it told a good story of the young up and comer being out-manoeuvred, only to catch the veteran by surprise for the win.

Jim said the Omega vs Okada match was a great 20 minute match that went 46 minutes for no good reason. I can see his point, but while no one's going to be remembering that match for the first fifteen minutes, I felt it was necessary to build the crowd to such a fever pitch.
The worst part is how everyone misses the fact that it's his opinion like Dave's 6 star(which is a rib) rating is his opinion. They're both working different sides. Next week you'll get an opinion that's totally in the middle.

Heroman

Banned
You know you like going fishing with Jim, don't lie.

The worst part is how everyone misses the fact that it's his opinion like Dave's 6 star(which is a rib) rating is his opinion. They're both working different sides. Next week you'll get an opinion that's totally in the middle.
Dave 6 star rating isn't a rib

You needed the first 15 minutes to build to the final 20. Also, the crowd just got done watching Tanahashi/Naito. Needed time for the crowd to recover.

Kaladin

Like a WWE show prepared to be disappointed

For the first time since the SNES I'm actually hyped about a Nintendo home console.

I never had a Gamecube and while I had a Wii, it didn't do much for me. Never picked up a Wii U.

That being said, I've been an owner of every DS system with the exception of the New 3DS. I have an old 3DS and my wife has a 2DS.

I'm looking forward to having Nintendo back on the big screen.

Entropia

No One Remembers
1. I'm excited for the Switch presentation. I'm not a console gamer that much nowadays, but I still love me some Nintendo. Going in with completely tempered expectations.

2. WWE 2k17 on PC is incredibly overpriced considering it's already about a quarter through the year/season. That $79 USD for the digital deluxe will be $109 CAD, guaranteed. That's a pass from me. Will wait for steam sale.

3. I've only watched a few LU episodes, wish it was on Netflix.

4. Omega vs. Okada was definitely match of the night. Not sure if it's 6*, but I'd say the 5* was warranted.

Menome

I think so. Kinda hard to watch content locked to specific services like iTunes or Sling unless you're already in those ecosystems.

I have to flat-out refuse to use iTunes because no matter what I do, it automatically rearranges the names of my Album/Artist music folders and files and always gets it wrong.

If Track 7 on an album has a featured guest artist, that doesn't mean I want to have a separate entry in my musicians list solely for that pairing, taking the file out of the playing-order of the album it's from. It's fucking infuriating.

Fox318

iWM1AAu.jpg

I actually love that punches are banned.

It takes away a key aspect of breaking beliveabilty of the match and separates it from MMA/Boxing.

klonere

Banned
I have to flat-out refuse to use iTunes because no matter what I do, it automatically rearranges the names of my Album/Artist music folders and files and always gets it wrong.

If Track 7 on an album has a featured guest artist, that doesn't mean I want to have a separate entry in my musicians list solely for that pairing, taking the file out of the playing-order of the album it's from. It's fucking infuriating.

iTunes is horrible trash, agreed. Everytime I head to my parents I inevitable spend time unfucking whatever it has done to their phones.

Top Bottom