• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Fox318

14agRyK.gif

bretlol.gif

I haven't rewatched it to confirm it but I'm still sure Wolfgang's shoulder was up when he got pinned for his match.

Get that booking in quick for a worked rematch based off it, WWE.

Edit: I don't know why but every WCW Bret Hart gif always makes me laugh.

Pikma

Banned
But was it better than the GOAT WWE mark match Nak & Zayn?

That match was better than 90% of the stuff out of WWE last year. Rather than just spots for spots, they had a build and crescendo not just finisher spams + kickouts
Yeeeesh I know I loved how all those super kick spots were slowly building up for a huge huge roll up ending

I don't know what comparing it to the crappy WWE product has to do with anything tho

I don't have to watch RAW to know BASED TNA aka the best American professional wrestling promotion is putting on a better weekly show.
Jabronies.

You know why the Bucks/RPG Vice match was good? It was the pay-off for about 5 months worth of storytelling between Rocky & Trent, the Bucks were just the obstacle to be overcome. The whole point was that Trent thought Rocky was too reckless and didn't take things seriously enough, when in the end it was Trent's reckless-ass dive that forced Rocky to prove himself and defeat the Bucks on his own. The manner in which he won is incidental, yet far more logical than him destroying both Bucks on his own would have been.

I haven't rewatched it to confirm it but I'm still sure Wolfgang's shoulder was up when he got pinned for his match.

You seen the GOAT promo where because even though he's a champion he's not getting an angle for the year's biggest show so he just makes shit up and talks a bit about his cat?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hst7EBNGVwM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmVAkSr6RXU

Smokey is the greatest wrestling cat of all time. Even better than Ernest Miller.

Pikma

Banned
I don't have to watch RAW to know BASED TNA aka the best American professional wrestling promotion is putting on a better weekly show.
Jabronies.

Your post history says otherwise

Is there an actual reason to wet your hair? Looks like fucking shit.
The fuck was that Mario 64 thwomp noise?
RAW is so fucking awful. Just how? How the fuck is this SO fucking awful. What a piece of fucking shit. This is Authority era bullshit. Fuck Vince McMahon. Trump loving fuck.
God, Steph is such a cancer to the quality of this product.
Stream finally died. Not even gonna bother to get up and fix it. The god's have blessed me.
This drug abuser is SO strong, guyz.
At least SD is tomorrow. Thank god for the draft.

And that's just from last week

So I guess we won't be seeing Tyler Bate on Raw or Smackdown any time soon if they're actually making a UK exclusive TV show? That's a shame because I really liked a lot of the guys in the U.K. Tournament.

Tall4Life

The Bucks/RPG match at WK was not meant to be the greatest match ever. It was supposed to be a serviceable match. They purposefully build Wrestle Kingdoms to a high climax in the main event. They don't want a match in the undercard to outshine the others and drain the crowd.

Its the "PLEASE DON'T WATCH WORLD OF SPORT IT COULD EXPOSE HOW SHIT ARE RATINGS ACTUALLY ARE" tournament

It was also a great two days of wrestling, with day 2 being the best shit they've put on in ages and the whole thing being some of the best story telling they've done in ages despite having limited promos and mostly sticking to full on wrestling storylines.

somedevil

Its the "PLEASE DON'T WATCH WORLD OF SPORT IT COULD EXPOSE HOW SHIT ARE RATINGS ACTUALLY ARE" tournament

Did you watch the tournament?

Also the world of sport thing did 1.25 million viewers though the show before it and after had more viewers. Its on the borderline if ITV would want a series of it.

CAXRaaj.jpg

Can't wait for next Saturday, this card is stacked - Trent vs Trevor could be a show-stealer, if given enough time, but most of the focus here's clearly on the ZSJ vs Marty match and Shibata vs Riddle. What a huge goddamn main event that's hopefully going to be.

Heroman

Banned
CAXRaaj.jpg

Can't wait for next Saturday, this card is stacked - Trent vs Trevor could be a show-stealer, if given enough time, but most of the focus here's clearly on the ZSJ vs Marty match and Shibata vs Riddle. What a huge goddamn main event that's hopefully going to be.
Shibata vs Riddle is going be lit.

Nekofrog

Banned

he has a subtle hint of "this company has no fucking idea what it's doing" look in his eyes at all time

Cole actually made me believe that he was genuinely excited for the wrasslin' at the UK tournament, more than any "historic" Cena/Orton encounter he ever had to call.

They should have had neville come out and beat the crap out of their uk champ who looks like a complete geek for forgetting to add him to the UK tournament.

Bret was the US champ and didn't have a match? Was he injured or something?

Nope, he did run with a pulled groin story (which was legit but he worked through it) for six months ala D'Lo's chest protector to dodge defending the belt (aka his on screen excuse of them not giving him anything to do)...

Which then produced this other stellar I have fucking nothing to do but here I am on TV promo:

https://youtu.be/jZe6LvqQaVk

That groin injury eventually required surgery which to write him off TV (despite again doing very little for almost six months) produced one of the greatest segments in Nitro history

https://youtu.be/2oYig-3Om1M

All this and Bret never really had any angle, he had a belt and TV time and nothing to do or really talk about and those spots were all brilliant but with no payoff. That's WCW for ya.

Top Bottom