• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Just finished watching WK11 on AXS TV and God damn, that was a fucking amazing match. I couldn't tell if they were really hurt or just selling extremely well because the stuff they did was brutal. The final 15 minutes or so is just nuts. Thank you NJPW for not quick cutting and having terrible angles.

Just finished watching WK11 on AXS TV and God damn, that was a fucking amazing match. I couldn't tell if they were really hurt or just selling extremely well because the stuff they did was brutal. The final 15 minutes or so is just nuts. Thank you NJPW for not quick cutting and having terrible angles.

Like cutting to the crowd?
Like using shakey cam ?
Yes WWE I'm talking to you.

Omega= Da GOD

Menome

A kid at school tried to give me a stunner. Unfortunately for him he was a vanilla midget and he couldn't do anything but hang from my neck.

I guess you could say I went into business for myself that day.

What you're saying is: You take a stunner even worse than Linda McMahon does?

Back to the Performance Centre with you.

Hasney

source.gif

tumblr_ojse5ltjNb1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

So is this UK tournament worth restarting my Network sub for or should I just wait until the Rumble?

Yes. Rumble entrance confirmed by Meltz. Main event of Mania is Kenny vs Naito. Vince said he wasn't gonna be stubborn like Gedo, and give the fans what they really want.
OwensIsNow with the hot scoopz.

Hasney

TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT... For Raw
verbiage

Brock Lesnar isn’t prone to staying home and licking his wounds. However, his absence since being defeated by Goldberg in 86 seconds at Survivor Series has led to much speculation about The Beast Incarnate’s mindset going into the Royal Rumble Match, where he’ll face 29 opponents — including Goldberg — for the opportunity to compete in the main event of this year’s WrestleMania in Orlando.

The Anomaly resurfaces on Raw this Monday, and something tells us he’ll be in a particularly foul mood, less than two weeks before he steps inside the ropes for his first televised bout since Survivor Series.

Chris Jericho made an addition to an altogether different “list” this past Monday night, when he pinned Roman Reigns in a 2-on-1 Handicap Match to win his first United States Championship — the one title that has eluded him since debuting in WWE back in 1999 — and joined an elite list of Grand Slam Champions.

Standing alongside WWE Universal Champion Kevin Owens, Jericho and The Prizefighter now consider themselves the “faces of Raw.” And if you thought “The Kevin Owens Show” was going strong before, just wait until you see what happens Monday night when Jeri-KO keeps their celebration going.

Meanwhile, Roman Reigns, now a former U.S. Champion, must maintain his focus in the lead-up to his WWE Universal Title Match against Owens at Royal Rumble, when Jericho will be feeling a bit less celebratory as he is suspended above the ring in a shark cage. How does The Big Dog’s defeat last week change the complexion of that high-stakes clash in the Alamodome?

Bayley and Sasha Banks might have regretted demanding a tag team bout against Raw Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair and Nia Jax after The Queen and her formidable ally took advantage of The Boss’ knee injury to double-team Bayley.

The Huggable One has the greatest opportunity of her career when she faces Charlotte for her title at Royal Rumble, so she’ll surely look to bounce back to gain some momentum against The Queen before then. As for Sasha, she surely has some unfinished business with Jax. Bank on it

It’s official: At Royal Rumble, Neville will challenge Rich Swann for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship to officially ascend to his throne as King of the Cruiserweights.

On 205 Live, Swann picked up a win over Tony Nese, and although the fighting champion was willing to brawl with Neville right then and there, the egotistical challenger instead chose to hold off until Jan. 29 in the Alamodome. But will Neville show the same restraint this Monday night?

The Royal Rumble Match is still weeks away, but the lineup of Superstars competing in the over-the-top-rope extravaganza is already stacked, including Brock Lesnar, Goldberg, Braun Strowman, The New Day, Seth Rollins, Baron Corbin, Dolph Ziggler, The Miz, United States Champion Chris Jericho, Intercontinental Champion Dean Ambrose and The Undertaker.

Expect even more Royal Rumble Match reveals this Monday night on Raw, kicking off at 8/7 C on USA Network

I'm completely out of the loop, but why is waste of space Ambrose IC champ? If you're taking it off of the Miz, use it to elevate an up and comer on the thin SD roster. Ambrose had a heavyweight title run just a few months back, so what's the point of the lower tier title on him?

I mean I can't stand Corbin but a lengthy run with that strap would be good for him, for example.

Hasney

I'm completely out of the loop, but why is waste of space Ambrose IC champ? If you're taking it off of the Miz, use it to elevate an up and comer on the thin SD roster. Ambrose had a heavyweight title run just a few months back, so what's the point of the lower tier title on him?

I mean I can't stand Corbin but a lengthy run with that strap would be good for him, for example.

Because the feud has been good and Mizs breakdown was worth it.

IC title doesn't really mean anything anymore. Its a wardrobe accessory I forget exists 95% of the time.

At least the US title can be used for shitty patriotic face versus dastardly foreign heel feuds.

Hasney

IC title doesn't really mean anything anymore. Its a wardrobe accessory I forget exists 95% of the time.

At least the US title can be used for shitty patriotic face versus dastardly foreign heel feuds.

Roman Reigns, now a former U.S. Champion, must maintain his focus in the lead-up to his WWE Universal Title Match against Owens at Royal Rumble, when Jericho will be feeling a bit less celebratory as he is suspended above the ring in a shark cage. How does The Big Dog’s defeat last week change the complexion of that high-stakes clash in the Alamodome?

Rimfya

Banned
Meanwhile, Roman Reigns, now a former U.S. Champion, must maintain his focus in the lead-up to his WWE Universal Title Match against Owens at Royal Rumble, when Jericho will be feeling a bit less celebratory as he is suspended above the ring in a shark cage. How does The Big Dog’s defeat last week change the complexion of that high-stakes clash in the Alamodome?

Meanwhile, having lost a title no one knew he had, he must now maintain his focus to win the title no one thinks he deserves.

Also, title case for "The Big Dog"? Is that trademarked?

I'm still thinking there's a chance Miz gets it back via lawyers and renders Ambrose's reign null and void.

It was hinted at last week as a potential storyline and it would be the closest thing Miz can get to a win over Daniel Bryan

klonere

Banned
You just know Vince comes up with these things at like 2:30am on a Sunday and rings up some marketing intern to start typing out VERBIAGE based around it

klonere

Banned
Also WWE need to get Bate vs Travis Banks booked ASAP at one of their co-opted promotions, that is the match that will light this fucking title on fire. Banks is also ridiculously good and needs more exposure.

Tyler & Travis had 4 matches last year, 2 in ATTACK!, 2 in Fight Club: PRO (including an awesome 2/3 falls match at Project Mayhem V). Well worth checking out.

PROGRESS spoilers:

Not only was last night first time a PROGRESS title has changed outside of London, it's Matt Riddle's first title win in wrestling. How has no-one chucked their belt on him before now??

klonere

Banned
PROGRESS spoilers:

Not only was last night first time a PROGRESS title has changed outside of London, it's Matt Riddle's first title win in wrestling. How has no-one chucked their belt on him before now??

I can't believe PROGRESS got a belt on Riddle before EVOLVE did. Like, how does that even make any sense?

klonere

Banned
DDT have paired MMA legend Kazushi Sakuraba with possibly the worst wrestler in all of Japan, LEONA.

what

I do kind of appreciate them doing the slow burn on him, but he could have totally taken it from Tim

Yeah I understand what Gabe is going for but man, fair play to PROGRESS for going with the hot act straight off the bat

Hasney

I think the WWE website confirmed he'd appear

The Royal Rumble Match is still weeks away, but the lineup of Superstars competing in the over-the-top-rope extravaganza is already stacked, including Brock Lesnar, Goldberg, Braun Strowman, The New Day, Seth Rollins, Baron Corbin, Dolph Ziggler, The Miz, United States Champion Chris Jericho, Intercontinental Champion Dean Ambrose and The Undertaker.

Expect even more Royal Rumble Match reveals this Monday night on Raw, kicking off at 8/7 C on USA Network

Pete dunne may have my favorite shit head look of all time. Day 2 of the tournament was fucking amazing and it's crazy how good a 19 year old is. He looks way older than me and I'm 26, I'm jealous of those powerful legs.

Zach

Random Survivor Series '04 notes:

- Lawler is the absolute worst and I somehow prefer Cole/Tazz over Ross/Lawler at the moment. He's basically modern-day contrarian cunt JBL. But creepier.
- So John Cena was stabbed in the kidney in his current storyline? Way to immediately call attention to everything being fake.

Top Bottom