• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

11445%20-%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20tagme%20wrestling_society_x.gif

11448%20-%20autoplay_gif%20fire%20gif%20tagme%20wrestling_society_x.gif

I remember watching the first few episodes, looking at airing history on Wikipedia I probably fell off when they started bumping it later and later

Show was the shit

I haven't watched a full episode of Raw since the week before Christmas.

Feels good.

I saw the direction the show was headed in early last night and gave up somewhere during the first hour. Turned on Netflix and went to bed after watching a show.

RAW is so weird. Smackdown and the UK Tourney were great shows this past week, but RAW always feels aimless to me. It is not just the 3 hours that is the issue. There is something music worse happening.

Toki767

I saw the direction the show was headed in early last night and gave up somewhere during the first hour. Turned on Netflix and went to bed after watching a show.

RAW is so weird. Smackdown and the UK Tourney were great shows this past week, but RAW always feels aimless to me. It is not just the 3 hours that is the issue. There is something music worse happening.

You mean their constant need to try to make Roman Reigns something more than he is?

You mean their constant need to try to make Roman Reigns something more than he is?
"Pushing Roman" doesn't make an entire show bad. It makes matches/angles/titles bad

There's just a complete lack of effort towards making a quality show. Seems like the shows are booked to fill time first, to promote themselves second, to entertain third

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

This legitimately pisses me off so much. There isn't going to be any repercussion over this which angers me even more. If I were that guy I would sue over this. Don't producers of trashy reality TV that do this kind of editing and manipulation need to get waivers signed? Dude paid $100 for his ticket to watch their awful fucking show and then this shit happens.

Man the UK tournament was fucking awesome. They knew they could not match the CWC is pure workrate, but they made up for it with strong consistent storytelling across all the matches to make real defined heels and faces. That got the crowd WAY more invested and made for such an enjoyable showing.

Please can I get an HHH run WWE already.

Toki767

"Pushing Roman" doesn't make an entire show bad. It makes matches/angles/titles bad

There's just a complete lack of effort towards making a quality show. Seems like the shows are booked to fill time first, to promote themselves second, to entertain third

When they don't try to make anything special other than segments that Roman Reigns is in, that makes the entire show bad.

Nothing on the show is really designed to get reactions other than Roman Reigns segments.

Man the UK tournament was fucking awesome. They knew they could not match the CWC is pure workrate, but they made up for it with strong consistent storytelling across all the matches to make real defined heels and faces. That got the crowd WAY more invested and made for such an enjoyable showing.

Please can I get an HHH run WWE already.

It wouldn't fix Raw at all unless WWE completely changed their TV hours.

NXT is 1 hour and taped weeks in advance. The UK tourny was 2 days around 2 hrs each. I don't think anyone could fix Raw without a complete reboot including production staff

I >> the entire show last night, that was next level bad. There is not one intriguing thing that happened beyond the very first segment.

So much talent, just standing on a treadmill. Its really really bad. How can you produce 15 min of interesting stuff during a 3 hour show? Just blows my mind,

Next week, I wonder how they will make Goldberg look bad, to bring his Mystique down to earth.....C'mon Vince, you can do it. Your last idea with him Owens and Y2J almost killed him off, now you can finish it.

I would love it to be one thing, but it is not one thing.

I feel like I have grown to dislike the whole show, and as a result nothing works for me. I cannot speak to last night (as I gave up), but in previous weeks nothing flows (and that gets to me the most). It feels like every single segment of the show was created in totally separate rooms, and 10 minutes before the show everyone comes together tosses their piece of paper into a pile, and RAW happens from there. Nothing is connect, and there is no logic as to why anything happens.

Smackdown does not have these issues. Segments beofre commerical usually flow into what happens after and teases in the first 10 minutes match up with what will happen later in the show. RAW does not have this. I will admit Smackdown can get things wrong - I dont think Cena should have beat Corbin the way he did last week - but that one moment did not ruin the whole show.

UberTag

Shane O'Mac has a big announcement tonight.

It is definitely him announcing that he's going into the rumble.

In 2017.
How does this make sense in the realm of WWE's narrative anyhow?
I mean, he came back to win his Dad's respect. He earned it. He's running the best weekly WWE show.
Why in the hell would he even want to wrestle? What would he need to prove?

I don't know who I need to speak to, but would it be alright if I made the Royal Rumble OT this year? I have a great idea for a thread title, and everyone knows thanks to WK11 I can make a great OT.

Kaladin

The biggest problem with Raw is how segmented it feels. You have the New Day segment, the Charlotte segment, the cruiserweight segments. The only thing that is really sprinkled throughout the program is the main event and that's even in backstage things that aren't the main part of the segment.

Raw feels too fragmented. More like Saturday Night Live than a wrestling show.

Smackdown can suffer from this but it doesn't feel as bad.

GunBR

NXT is 1 hour and taped weeks in advance. The UK tourny was 2 days around 2 hrs each. I don't think anyone could fix Raw without a complete reboot including production staff
Some weeks Smackdown is incredible, 2 hours of pure fun and still have 20 minutes of Talking Smack
And some (most?) of weeks Raw is boring 80% of time. Less than 30 minutes of good show

The biggest problem isn't the third hour but the poor writing

I mean, he came back to win his Dad's respect. He earned it. He's running the best weekly WWE show.
Because he still has the passion for the business and it doesn't matter how many times he almost dies in a ring, he needs to keep going even though he really, really should stop.

Heroman

Banned
He has to prove that smackdown is the A show.

I don't know who I need to speak to, but would it be alright if I made the Royal Rumble OT this year? I have a great idea for a thread title, and everyone knows thanks to WK11 I can make a great OT.

I feel like someone's claimed it already, but I could be wrong

oh shit I just remembered the avatar rumble is coming yass

I imagine he'd have a different vision and philosophy for Raw than Vince does. And a reboot could happen and fix problems even if it's three hours.

Anth0ny

This legitimately pisses me off so much. There isn't going to be any repercussion over this which angers me even more. If I were that guy I would sue over this. Don't producers of trashy reality TV that do this kind of editing and manipulation need to get waivers signed? Dude paid $100 for his ticket to watch their awful fucking show and then this shit happens.

there's probably something on the ticket that says "you agree to have your face on camera however we want to nananananana"

the uk shit was ok but wrestle kingdom completely shits on it on all levels

Hasney

Yeah, felt the UK tournament would have been better if the matches had room to breathe, but they had to pull the trigger quick and get a venue.

I think Dunne/Tyler have 40 minutes in them some other time to compete on the same playing field.

What....no he can't sue...

Mahonay

Banned
Tyler Bate is over a fuck. Both him and Dunne blow my mind with the amount of presence they have for their young ages. Better than a lot of WWE guys. I'm sure Haitch sees dollar signs with those two.

Just finished Tyler vs Devlin.

It sucks to hear Tyler vs Dunne didn't get a ton of time. Still looking forward to it.

Tyler Bate is over a fuck. Both him and Dunn blow my mind with the amount of presence they have for their young ages. Better than a lot of WWE guys. I'm sure Haitch sees dollar signs with those two.

Just finished Tyler vs Devlin.

It sucks to hear Tyler vs Dunn didn't get a ton of time. Still looking forward to it.

It got like 20+ minutes

Kaladin

Triple H has done amazing since taking over as Executive Vice President of Talent, Live Events and Creative. He's signed some of the best talent the company has had in a long time....and we're not just talking about one or two guys either.

Heroman

Banned
Triple H has done amazing since taking over as Executive Vice President of Talent, Live Events and Creative. He's signed some of the best talent the company has had in a long time....and we're not just talking about one or two guys either.
Amazong job? He is one of the main reason why Cm punk left.

Top Bottom