• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

0vr4iUX.jpg

#NeverForget

weaker drug policy? it's 2017, there's no way HHH will ever have worse drug policies than what Vince had just by virtue of common sense
More people got suspended last year than will be suspended by HHH, especially for roids

I'd love to be proven wrong about the first part but I will never be wrong about the second. The last roid suspension you see before the HHH/Steph era officially starts is the last you see ever. If Neville's still around when it happens, it'll be really obvious when it happens too

jmdajr

So how many huge talents actually last the whole 10 plus years. Rock and Stone Cold didn't. I guess Hogan and Cena? How far back are we going?

Or does Big Show, Miz, Kane, all count?

klonere

Banned
It's kinda funny to think that ITV tried to be Raw-lite and was merely okay, coming off as a cheap clone whereas WWE themselves couldn't have tried harder to produce something that could have aired over two weeks on 1986 NWA Crockett television.

Wrestling is really weird in 2017

So how many huge talents actually last the whole 10 plus years. Rock and Stone Cold didn't. I guess Hogan and Cena? How far back are we going?

There's Orton and provided his shoulders don't do him in he can still go for a few more years full time.

Mahonay

Banned

Kane is the ultimate WWE talent. THE BIG RED DRAW.

Kane is life. Kane is external.

Foggy

You are a depressing person.

I know it's mostly shit. Everyone does. It's fun to get excited about potential anyway.

I've been back into wrestling for about 5 years now and it wasn't even until the past year that I said enough was enough. For years my attitude was simply "as long as it's good enough". But after years of the same cycle of promise it just wasn't worth it anymore. WWE is really the only aspect of wrestling that I'm bitterly cynical about and it's not like the product didn't nurture that response.

i didn't think star wars would ever be good again, either. then george lucas fucking sold that shit to disney and it's great.

basically vince needs to sell to disney already.

The biggest difference is that business realities didn't keep Lucas from making good shit, it was just Lucas.

With WWE their business model needs house show revenue that unnecessarily taxes their talent and waters down their work. Merch revenue drives EVERYTHING and that dictates some of their worst impulses. They need to fill 7 hours of wrestling a week. How the hell do you accomplish that without resorting to shallow and poorly planned storylines?

There's a lot wrong with the company and most of it can be traced to how it sustains itself. Is Haitch going to break the mold? After all these years? After all the considerable influence? After his developmental baby is still running into issues mimicked by the main roster? It's not worth counting on.

Another couple of promotions on the FloSlam list: http://www.floslam.tv/article/50735...n-and-lucha-forever-join-floslam#.WH5cl8uIZnE

"The promotions offer distinct takes on the artform that originated in Mexico. These multi-event deals will include live streams on FloSlam. After the initial airing, shows will be available for unlimited rewatching via our ever-growing library.

Pro Wrestling Revolution is based out of Southern California. They utilize a lot of Mexican talent including veterans and up and comers. Their first event of 2017 takes place Feb. 25 and PWR recently announced Ultimo Dragon -- a legendary wrestler who has competed around the world, including stints in WCW and WWE -- for the event.

Lucha Forever is a new promotion based out of the United Kingdom. Their debut show is set for April 17 in Birmingham, England with plans to run monthly shows after. Top UK talents Ryan Smile and Will Ospreay are creatively involved with the promotion.

Their debut event already has several exciting matches announced, including randomly chosen trios teams in championship qualifiers. On June 18, the event will be headlined by a four-way ladder match between WWE UK Championship Tournament finalist Pete Dunne, Will Ospreay, Ryan Smile and Travis Banks."

Another couple of promotions on the FloSlam list: http://www.floslam.tv/article/50735...n-and-lucha-forever-join-floslam#.WH5cl8uIZnE

"The promotions offer distinct takes on the artform that originated in Mexico. These multi-event deals will include live streams on FloSlam. After the initial airing, shows will be available for unlimited rewatching via our ever-growing library.

I guess Floslam is having to go really small now that WWE is signing up indies. The UK one won't even have their first show for three months!

klonere

Banned

Pro Wrestling Revolution is based out of Southern California. They utilize a lot of Mexican talent including veterans and up and comers. Their first event of 2017 takes place Feb. 25 and PWR recently announced Ultimo Dragon -- a legendary wrestler who has competed around the world, including stints in WCW and WWE -- for the event.

Lucha Forever is a new promotion based out of the United Kingdom. Their debut show is set for April 17 in Birmingham, England with plans to run monthly shows after. Top UK talents Ryan Smile and Will Ospreay are creatively involved with the promotion.

Their debut event already has several exciting matches announced, including randomly chosen trios teams in championship qualifiers. On June 18, the event will be headlined by a four-way ladder match between WWE UK Championship Tournament finalist Pete Dunne, Will Ospreay, Ryan Smile and Travis Banks."

I wonder if the OTT shows failed to do the #numbers needed to get a full time thing or the now very explicit WWE connection has ended that association. Or they only want promotions who can do full live productions?

I'm desperate to know who is behind Lucha Forever, moneywise. I hope to fuck it isn't Will that boy needs to save save save, god knows how long he lasts.

It's Alex Shane isn't it

Heroman

Banned
The young guys and gals he hires are all stuck in the PC bud. It's full of college athletes or MMA flameouts/marks who wanted their mark photo. Now that the structure of NXT has completely changed from developmental to being a full time touring brand with quarterly arena shows, you don't see those people much anymore, at least on the male side. Gotta draw for those shows brother, so we can't put some raw ass PC dude who hasn't worked a year on the indies before or whatever. (This also hurts the storytelling in NXT)

If you do see them, you probably think they suck (Tino, Tucker Knight, Angelo Dawkins) (Tino is a bad example because he is relatively old but stick with me here) or they some bizarre one note gimmick that condemns them to death on the main roster (No Way Jose, the guys in Sanity).

Basically, Haitch and WWE are signing younger talent but the PC has proven to mostly be a miserable failure so far on the male side and it's brightest star right now is fucking BRAAAUUNNN who barely spent any time there at all.
This is true, I was watching something on YouTube about 3 people who got a development deals and sad thing is that they will probably never appear on WWE TV.

imBask

Banned
don't worry about it, knowing how WWE works nowadays they'll announce all 30 entries AND the order before the Rumble, because they hate pops

Tagyhag

don't worry about it, knowing how WWE works nowadays they'll announce all 30 entries AND the order before the Rumble, because they hate pops

God, can you imagine if we had been kept in the dark about Golderg, Undertaker, Lesnar, and (probably not but i'm hopeful) Angle?

Would have been one of the best rumbles for surprise entrants.

I wonder if the OTT shows failed to do the #numbers needed to get a full time thing or the now very explicit WWE connection has ended that association. Or they only want promotions who can do full live productions?

I'm desperate to know who is behind Lucha Forever, moneywise. I hope to fuck it isn't Will that boy needs to save save save, god knows how long he lasts.

It's Alex Shane isn't it

Money wise, who knows. The domain is registered to Ryan though.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Just found out about Angle being inducted in to the hall of fame.

YAAAAAYYYY

But then this also means he probably won't be having another match or actually be in the rumble. Sad. Still, it'll be great to see Angle in WWE again regardless even if it's not in ring.

Also, does anything interesting happen on Raw other than that announcement?

imBask

Banned
They do want people to subscribe/buy the PPV you know

THEN MAKE THE PRODUCT GOOD FFS

IF RAW IS GOOD I'LL BUY THE FUCKING NETWORK FOR THE PPV

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGG

spoiling the PPV to sell it is stupid as fuck and it's a backward ass solution

THE DEADMAN VS THE DEMON, THE DEADMAN VS THE DEMON, THE DEADMAN VS THE DEMON, THE DEADMAN VS THE DEMON, THE DEADMAN VS THE DEMON, THE DEADMAN VS THE DEMON, THE DEADMAN VS THE DEMON, THE DEADMAN VS THE DEMON, THE DEADMAN VS THE DEMON, THE DEADMAN VS THE DEMON, THE DEADMAN VS THE DEMON, THE DEADMAN VS THE DEMON, THE DEADMAN VS THE DEMON, THE DEADMAN VS THE DEMON, THE DEADMAN VS THE DEMON, THE DEADMAN VS THE DEMON, THE DEADMAN VS THE DEMON, THE DEADMAN VS THE DEMON, THE DEADMAN VS THE DEMON, THE DEADMAN VS THE DEMON.

THE DEADMAN VS THE DEMON, THE DEADMAN VS THE DEMON, THE DEADMAN VS THE DEMON, THE DEADMAN VS THE DEMON, THE DEADMAN VS THE DEMON, THE DEADMAN VS THE DEMON, THE DEADMAN VS THE DEMON, THE DEADMAN VS THE DEMON, THE DEADMAN VS THE DEMON, THE DEADMAN VS THE DEMON, THE DEADMAN VS THE DEMON, THE DEADMAN VS THE DEMON, THE DEADMAN VS THE DEMON, THE DEADMAN VS THE DEMON, THE DEADMAN VS THE DEMON, THE DEADMAN VS THE DEMON, THE DEADMAN VS THE DEMON, THE DEADMAN VS THE DEMON, THE DEADMAN VS THE DEMON, THE DEADMAN VS THE DEMON.
Excuse you it's the Demon King.

Mahonay

Banned
How did get your hands on Michael Cole's TV scripts for the next couple of months?

Lothar

Banned
Just found out about Angle being inducted in to the hall of fame.

YAAAAAYYYY

But then this also means he probably won't be having another match or actually be in the rumble. Sad. Still, it'll be great to see Angle in WWE again regardless even if it's not in ring.

Also, does anything interesting happen on Raw other than that announcement?

Good news. His hall of Fame induction isn't conditioned on him retiring.

http://rajah.com/node/54601

On getting the call from HHH of WWE:
"I figured they either decided they didn't want to do anything with me or they forgot. Hunter said they never forgot and he called and told me this is the first thing they want to do. And whether I wrestle or not after this -- which is irrelevant right now -- I'm just really proud to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. I gave a lot of energy and time to WWE those first seven years, and I'm grateful that they recognized it."

On wrestling again for WWE:
"We have not talked about any wrestling," Angle said. "Whether we do or not, that remains to be seen... There are no guarantees. I think right now the most important thing is the Hall of Fame -- and I think both sides feel that way."

If it's up to him, it sounds like he wants to wrestle.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Kane is the ultimate WWE talent. THE BIG RED DRAW.

Kane is life. Kane is external.
SoulPlaya's legacy lives on forever.

4-rollins5.jpg

C'MON AND FIGHT ME LIKE A MAN, DEMON KING

DEMON KING

DEMON KING, WHERE ARE YA

DEMON KING

DEMON KING

YOU CAN'T BEAT ME, DEMON KING

Top Bottom