• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

They havn't seen his ronda-esc striking form

7.gif
Yo. This is like mortal Kombat shit

Sami zayns is another overrated guy by the hardcores, hes just hyped up because hes a good worker. his role should be just making the stars look good thats all.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Monday Night Raw should give you your answer. No one looks good on that show. not a single full-time talent.

It really is amazing how true that is. By virtue of it being a fake sport with fake winners and fake losers, you'd think someone has to come out of it looking good, but amazingly no one does. Closest thing to someone who comes out of Raw looking good is Braun? Cesaro/Sheamus maybe?

Complete bullshit.

Whats special about him then? wwe now has hundreds of great workers now? he can't sell match. His promos suck including his nxt stuff, his highlight is being beat up by kevin owens. Atleast guys like Aj styles and Kevin owens have other good things about them besides being good workers.

Mahonay

Banned
Whats special about him then? wwe now has hundreds of great workers now? he can't sell match. His promos suck including his nxt stuff, his highlight is being beat up by kevin owens. Atleast guys like Aj styles and Kevin owens have other good things about them besides being good workers.
You are officially the James Ellsworth of WrassleGAF.

Sephzilla

Zayn vs Neville is probably the best feud WWE has done in a decade.That feud made NXT.

Absolutely. It was a great culmination of everything that Zayn had built up to plus it injected some much needed life into Neville's NXT title reign. Everyone coming out to hoist up Zayn was such a feel good moment

imBask

Banned
HA look at the Zayn marks

Zayn is my hometown boy but face it he has less charisma than Cesaro, just stop. Good wrestling just isn't enough on the main roster

HA look at the Zayn marks

Zayn is my hometown boy but face it he has less charisma than Cesaro, just stop. Good wrestling just isn't enough on the main roster

The guy who spent hos entire career getting over as a lichadore that speaks broken English has no charisma.

Is it troll the thread day?

imBask

Banned
The guy who spent hos entire career getting over as a lichadore that speaks broken English has no charisma.

Is it troll the thread day?

where is that charisma gone then?

last night his backstage segment with Roman and Rollins made me cringe harder than some things that happened at AGDQ

he gave one good promo in NXT that I can remember, everything else was cringeworthy underdog trash

Brandwin

I've been to the last two. The December show went way too long and everyone was exhausted by the time it let out. Saturday's was better paced and a ton of fun. They run a very nice building a couple blocks south of the capital and get a diverse, energetic crowd.

I missed the December show, but I took my son and wife to the show last Saturday and had an amazing time. My son was really into it. Crowd is a little much for his age, but he was fine. It did play a role with him as during the Elgin/Cage match when it was a bit crowded he shouted "Big Mike, you suck!" lol oops

Already got front row tickets to the Feb show, which should be amazing!

EDIT: He got a glove from Moose and held it all the way home back to Waco.

imBask

Banned
I think you meant to say traynwreck.

Also, huh?

what do you like about him on the main roster? This is an honest question not gimmick posting. Whenever I see him on RAW I cringe, I feel bad, he's so bad at his role it physically hurts. I want him to succeed because he's really good at wrestling but right now i'd rather never see him on my TV

Anyone in Texas go to the Wrestle Circus shows in Austin?

I've been to the last two. The December show went way too long and everyone was exhausted by the time it let out. Saturday's was better paced and a ton of fun. They run a very nice building a couple blocks south of the capital and get a diverse, energetic crowd.

I was just talking about them a couple of pages back. Are you part of the crew/ownership, Brandwin? :)

Mahonay

Banned
what do you like about him on the main roster? This is an honest question not gimmick posting. Whenever I see him on RAW I cringe, I feel bad, he's so bad at his role it physically hurts
I don't watch RAW since it is all bad. I know Zayn has been great before this.

The last main roster Zayn I've watched was him vs Owens last year and that was great.

Barrage

I agree that Zayn has a lot of severe flaws that smarks tend to ignore while slobbing him. His mic skills are undercooked and one note. His look is nothing special or intriguing.

The difference is,when you have a guy with those weaknesses, the solution isnt doing what the WWE is doing, and booking him as an underdog that scrambles to come from behind. Its actually to protect him and win more than he loses.

Look at Bret Hart. When they pushed him as a singles guy, he got put over. A lot. By Roddy Piper. By Ric Flair. And then even after he lost to Yoko, they rebuilt him by having him win the King Of The Ring.

Have a guy win enough,and you give him credibility that causes fans to overlook their flaws.

imBask

Banned
I don't watch RAW since it is all bad. I know Zayn has been great before this.

The last main roster Zayn I've watched was him vs Owens last year and that was great.

so we basically agree

he's a great worker, you're talking about a match i'm talking about the whole package, and sadly on the main roster the whole package is 10% wrestling and 90% promo

Mahonay

Banned
I agree that Zayn has a lot of severe flaws that smarks tend to ignore while slobbing him. His mic skills are undercooked and one note. His look is nothing special or intriguing.

The difference is,when you have a guy with those weaknesses, the solution isnt doing what the WWE is doing, and booking him as an underdog that scrambles to come from behind. Its actually to protect him and win more than he loses.

Look at Bret Hart. When they pushed him as a singles guy, he got put over. A lot. By Roddy Piper. By Ric Flair. And then even after he lost to Yoko, they rebuilt him by having him win the King Of The Ring.

Have a guy win enough,and you give him credibility that causes fans to overlook their flaws.
Good post.

The frustrating thing is that over on Smackdown they are actually doing some of that kind of smart booking. But it's the old NXT writer so that makes sense.

Hasney

Who has better mic skills on Raw? Jericho is the only one I can think of. He's on a par with KO and that's about it.

Everyone's one note, it's all they can write for. These cuppa haters, as one note Enzo would say. Everyone looks and talks like some dudes, so they may as well push people that can wrassle instead of having a boring 3 hour shitshow.

Actually, I'd prefer a shitshow. TNA level. It would be entertaining to read about.

Mahonay

Banned
so we basically agree

he's a great worker, you're talking about a match i'm talking about the whole package, and sadly on the main roster the whole package is 10% wrestling and 90% promo
I am almost 100 percent certain on Smackown he'd be in an over feud right now. The HORRIBLE writing/booking on RAW has way more to do with it than his mediocre mic skills.

Lmao!

Trump looking for crowd plants for his inauguration! Get Vince and Dunn on the phone!

Is Linda still joining his cabinet? (Do you call it a cabinet over there?)

I presume she's an ideal fit because if you're gonna do FAKE NEWS bigly, you're gonna need FAKE NEWSPAPERS. So it would only be fitting that FAKE SPORTS go into the back pages and Linda knows a lot about that.

Top Bottom