• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

what do you like about him on the main roster? This is an honest question not gimmick posting. Whenever I see him on RAW I cringe, I feel bad, he's so bad at his role it physically hurts. I want him to succeed because he's really good at wrestling but right now i'd rather never see him on my TV

What role?

Braun's punching bag?

He had a great match with the Miz which should have moved him to Smackdown but nah why build off that. Just have him get killed by Braun instead

Hex

Banned
Dude, who are you?
Damn jabronies trying to take a shot at the #TopDawg

Wouldn't that be #TopCat?

Anyway...
PcZP2tX.gif

jmdajr

Is Linda still joining his cabinet? (Do you call it a cabinet over there?)

I presume she's an ideal fit because if you're gonna do FAKE NEWS bigly, you're gonna need FAKE NEWSPAPERS. So it would only be fitting that FAKE SPORTS go into the back pages and Linda knows a lot about that.

Yup. Still happening.

Mahonay

Banned
Is Linda still joining his cabinet? (Do you call it a cabinet over there?)

I presume she's an ideal fit because if you're gonna do FAKE NEWS bigly, you're gonna need FAKE NEWSPAPERS. So it would only be fitting that FAKE SPORTS go into the back pages and Linda knows a lot about that.
She will be in charge of small businesses which is super fucking hilarious.

Sephzilla

Alright, maybe it's an overstatement but there's barely anyone in the WWE Cesaro has more charisma then. He sounds lifeless every time he speaks.

Cesaro is one of those guys who has more charisma when he's not near a microphone lol. But I can think of more people who have less charisma than Cesaro

-- Shaemus
-- Titus O'Niel
-- Byron Saxton
-- Primo
-- Epico

Brandwin

I was just talking about them a couple of pages back. Are you part of the crew/ownership, Brandwin? :)

I am not, but I wish I was. I think they got something special going there. I will try to make as many events as I can, especially if they keep booking they way they are. only a few seats left in general admission and then its sold out, in about 72 hours.

Here is some of the Feb card -
Ricochet vs Sammy Guevara

Also featuring:
Brian Cage
Zack Sabre Jr
Fénix
G.o.D.
K.E.S.
P.B.K.
Sky
Scott Norton

She will be in charge of small businesses which is super fucking hilarious.

Well, she did take a small wrestling business that used to do shows in some small backlot town hall called Madison Square Garden and grew it into a juggernaut of entertainment.

And her entertainers are all self employed contractors so I guess she's got that covered.

Mahonay

Banned
Well, she did take a small wrestling business that used to do shows in some small backlot town hall called Madison Square Garden and grew it into a juggernaut of entertainment.

And her entertainers are all self employed contractors so I guess she's got that covered.
Lol

Barrage

Who has better mic skills on Raw? Jericho is the only one I can think of. He's on a par with KO and that's about it.

In terms of filling their current role, guys on RAW who are better than Sami on the mic:

-Big Show
-Bo Dallas
-Brock Lesnar
-Jericho
-Enzo
-Goldberg
-Kevin Owens
-Kofi Kingston
-Xavier Woods
-Big E
-Rusev
-Seth Rollins

give him a little more time,and i would add Braun to the list. And theres no point scapegoating RAW, Sami got more mic time on SMackdown pre-brand split and wasnt much better (beside some decent riffing with Ambrose).

I would not put Zayn in the top 25 promos in the WWE.

What role?

Braun's punching bag?

He had a great match with the Miz which should have moved him to Smackdown but nah why build off that. Just have him get killed by Braun instead

That's the difference between you guys and me, you're probably a hardcore fan. Just because he had a great match means they should try to make him big star? the guy comes off as a complete geek, im tired of most of these new generation's gimmick which is they are all undersized and because their undersized they were told they can not make it big. They all come off as whiny none of them come off as tough guys.

Cesaro is one of those guys who has more charisma when he's not near a microphone lol. But I can think of more people who have less charisma than Cesaro

-- Shaemus
-- Titus O'Niel
-- Byron Saxton
-- Primo
-- Epico
I'd agree with everyone but Sheamus. Sheamus is really good and he's making the most of this tag team (I'll admit Cesaro is too when it's just their entrance shenanigans) which is the one good thing Raw has yet to fuck up but oh boy did they try with whatever the hell happened last night.

Her daughter('s ghostwriter) is writing a book on her life to help women succeed in business.

All you need is ambition, confidence, and to have a father with a hugely successful global business to hand you a job that you'll never lose despite being devoid of talent.

Hasney

In terms of filling their current role, guys on RAW who are better than Sami on the mic:

-Big Show
-Bo Dallas
-Brock Lesnar
-Jericho
-Enzo
-Goldberg
-Kevin Owens
-Kofi Kingston
-Xavier Woods
-Big E
-Rusev
-Seth Rollins

give him a little more time,and i would add Braun to the list. And theres no point scapegoating RAW, Sami got more mic time on SMackdown pre-brand split and wasnt much better (beside some decent riffing with Ambrose).

I would not put Zayn in the top 25 promos in the WWE.

How are any of those not one note? Goldberg growls, Brock has Heyman, Bo just does the Boleive thing and was utterly awful before that, Seth DEMON KING DEMON KING Rollins. Enzo CUPPA HAAAAAATERS. I'll give you Rusev and New Day though.

Heroman

Banned
That's the difference between you guys and me, you're probably a hardcore fan. Just because he had a great match means they should try to make him big star? the guy comes off as a complete geek, im tired of most of these new generation's gimmick which is they are all undersized and because their undersized they were told they can not make it big. They all come off as whiny none of them come off as tough guys.
Most of WWE audience is "Hardcore" fans they ran off the casual fans with bad TV and booking . And size hasn't matter in long time I mean Daniel Bryan and Cm punk are two of the biggest stars in the modern era and they aren't big guus

I missed the December show, but I took my son and wife to the show last Saturday and had an amazing time. My son was really into it. Crowd is a little much for his age, but he was fine. It did play a role with him as during the Elgin/Cage match when it was a bit crowded he shouted "Big Mike, you suck!" lol oops

That was your kid?! Everyone around me cracked up when he yelled that out. It was hilarious. Super cute kid too. Good job there.

Mahonay

Banned
Are you from 2003?

I don't really like Seth on the mic but I wouldn't say he's horrible. He's not bad, he just isn't every good. I can't think of one memorable promo at all from him.

Hasney

I don't really like Seth on the mic but I wouldn't say he's horrible. He's not bad, he just isn't every good. I can't think of one memorable promo at all from him.

I would probably never be happier than if Seth was given a mute character, because I like seeing him go in the ring, but that gravel he has when straining is awful. Just talk like a human being and not like Goldberg taking a shit.

Found Vince's GAF account.

Hasney

Zayn vs Neville is what got me invested in NXT in the first place.

I was always watching, but that's when it all clicked. Teasing the Neville turn that never came yet making it all seem natural was just utterly brilliant.

Then the signature ending the show lied to us and KO destroyed him.

It's sad that years of abuse from Vince has made some of you so jaded.

There's so much in wrestling to be pumped about right now, but if a majority of the thread only watches the product that's easy to complain about, then that's what's going to happen.

Barrage

How are any of those not one note? Goldberg growls, Brock has Heyman, Bo just does the Boleive thing and was utterly awful before that, Seth DEMON KING DEMON KING Rollins. Enzo CUPPA HAAAAAATERS. I'll give you Rusev and New Day though.

Goldberg hits every checkpoint his promos need to-that hes a no-bullshit guy whos fighting for the right reasons, who CAN win and who you should WANT to win. I saw him in Toronto- a Smarkden that wouldve loved to eat Goldberg alive-and they were eating out of the palm of his hand.

Brock has a natural charisma and has believability in every word that he says. He has Heyman but doesnt need Heyman. His videos about Orton and Goldberg were incredibily entertaining.

Rollins is struggling now in a poorly done face turn, but was excellent at getting legit Heel heat instead of the Cool-Heel bullshit Owens gets a lot.

To compare Zayns mic skills to Enzos is insulting. I barely held off putting Cass ahead of him.

I was always watching, but that's when it all clicked. Teasing the Neville turn that never came yet making it all seem natural was just utterly brilliant.

Then the signature ending the show lied to us and KO destroyed him.
That was my first Takeover, I'd started watching a few weeks before and that feud and the aftermath had me hooked.

Top Bottom