• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

CD3hIrz.png

https://twitter.com/tonyschiavone24/status/820807771406868480

Shootuary!!!

Mahonay

Banned
Man, ever since he started hanging out with Bray he's really not been himself

why do people insist on snapping photos of celebrities without permission, it's just rude
I mean yeah it's super annoying and I have a personal rule of just leaving celebrities alone for the most part when I see them, but he still let his anger issues boil up in a bad way.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Man, ever since he started hanging out with Bray he's really not been himself

why do people insist on snapping photos of celebrities without permission, it's just rude

Because most people have boring lives and that's interesting to them. It's a thing you have to deal with being famous and getting paid millions of dollars.

I'm sure Lars Ulrich is tired of bros telling them how much his music means to them, but hey, you deal with it because that's how you got a solid gold pool.

I mean yeah it's super annoying and I have a personal rule of just leaving celebrities alone for the most part when I see them, but he still let his anger issues boil up in a bad way.
Totally, I get that. But he already gave the dude a fist bump and you went your separate ways, should've just left the guy alone

Just makes him seem like a dumbass who got a much worse consequence than he should've

Because most people have boring lives and that's interesting to them. It's a thing you have to deal with being famous and getting paid millions of dollars.

I'm sure Lars Ulrich is tired of bros telling them how much his music means to them, but hey, you deal with it because that's how you got a solid gold pool.
I think people in that sort of position have an obligation to at least be respectful/appreciate of their fans but I disagree that people should just be allowed to photograph them without permission while they're just going through their lives. Again Orton is a douche for flipping out and even more of a douche for thinking "i can't hear you" is a good way to communicate "no pictures" but still.....bleh

Show me evidence of AJ Styles being homophobic that doesn't take place in a ring.

A) That doesn't discount anything.
B) He's done it in a ring more than once, despite having constantly said he doesn't like to swear in promos, and threatening to fight Chris Bosh for mentioning god in a promo, but calling someone a faggot is just fine
C) The gay community interview, which you conveniently want to ignore
D) All of the above, combined with being an evangelical Christian

Mahonay

Banned
Totally, I get that. But he already gave the dude a fist bump and you went your separate ways, should've just left the guy alone

Just makes him seem like a dumbass who got a much worse consequence than he should've
The fan was acting super immature in this situation no doubt. I don't necessarily feel bad for that guy.

Alternatively we all got worked and this was just the first scene of Orton's new movie, where Randy plays a shooter who ends up facing the former cop again in the final scene/battle

Nekofrog

Banned
I still can't watch Benoit matches to this day. My wife and I tend to take a few bong rips before we watch our rasslin, and the enormity of his monstrous acts is just too overwhelming to give him a "pass". Fucker was my favorite wrestler going back to wcw when I was an early teen , and what he did was just the worst. It's a good thing I'm not in control of their library because that fucker would be scrubbed entirely, including all footage he was involved with.

Zach

You guys are weirding me out with this "homophobia and hatred are fiiine as long as it's in the 20x20."

I still can't watch Benoit matches to this day. My wife and I tend to take a few bong rips before we watch our rasslin, and the enormity of his monstrous acts is just too overwhelming to give him a "pass". Fucker was my favorite wrestler going back to wcw when I was an early teen , and what he did was just the worst. It's a good thing I'm not in control of their library because that fucker would be scrubbed entirely, including all footage he was involved with.

Just watch his WCW stuff. He was a good guy then. He went to the WWF and turned into an irredeemable monster. He probably even hated gay people.

Are you from 2003?

Because i'd rather see guys who are just more than good workers? lol

Hardcore wrestling fans always go on about how out of touch vince is but i think hardcore fans are the ones out of touch. Look at MMA there are better characters there which is a real sport with guys like Mcgregor, werdum, chael, bisping, diaz brothers etc. They don't come off as complete geeks. Guess what most people don't care if you are 5 star worker and when it comes to in ring stuff all they want to see is a beat down not some technical performance.

All the modern era guys especially from the indys have all the same sob story, they been rejected by wwe because they are small or don't have the look and wrestled around the world because its their dream. They fanboy over past wrestlers like eddie etc. You never saw guys like stone cold fanboy of flair etc.

Nekofrog

Banned
You guys are weirding me out with this "homophobia and hatred are fiiine as long as it's in the 20x20."

Just watch his WCW stuff. He was a good guy then. He went to the WWF and turned into an irredeemable monster. He probably even hated gay people.

That's even worse, because then you see Nancy all the time and it's like what the fuck dude.

Hardcore wrestling fans always go on about how out of touch vince is but i think hardcore fans are the ones out of touch. Look at MMA there are better characters there which is a real sport with guys like Mcgregor, werdum, chael, bisping, diaz brothers etc. They don't come off as complete geeks. Guess what most people don't care if you are 5 star worker and when it comes to in ring stuff all they want to see is a beat down not some technical performance.

All the modern era guys especially from the indys have all the same sob story, they been rejected by wwe because they are small or don't have the look and wrestled around the world because its their dream. They fanboy over past wrestlers like eddie etc. You never saw guys like stone cold fanboy of flair etc.
The entertainment aspect is what sells. No one who they're trying to build(shove down our throat) is really entertaining.

There's exactly one Steve Austin. Austin is not a archetype

Mahonay

Banned

Steve Austin thought pro wrestling was real up until it was time for him to work his first match. It was an extremely different time.

You can always ignore current wrestling and just watch RAWs from 97' since I'm not sure you're aware 20 years have passed.

Or you know, just watch MMA.

Steve Austin thought pro wrestling was real up until it was time for him to work his first match. It was an extremely different time.

Our upcoming president and a WWE HOFer thinks it's still real

Not dissuading from your point or anything, it just took this post for it to really sink in how fucked we are

When's DM getting elected

Mahonay

Banned
Our upcoming president and a WWE HOFer thinks it's still real

Not dissuading from your point or anything, it just took this post for it to really sink in how fucked we are

When's DM getting elected
"Hi Linda it's Donald. I just saw Vince's limo explode on TV...is he dead?"

Top Bottom