• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

the next week

"Hey Linda, it's me again. So this Benoit thing..."

"Okay Linda, it's me one last time. I promise I won't bother you anymore after this but I just gotta know. I just seen this Orton fella tell the Rey kid that Eddie's in Hell. Is this true, and should I invade to bring him back"

Hasney

how fucking stupid can he be? and even worse, how much more fucking stupid can the people who support him be

It still makes me laugh that during the time Trump was in WWE, they had to walk back the story if him buying Raw because some investors took it seriously and the stock started falling.

Guys and promotions can get over with workrate and/or characters/entertainment. These things arent mutually exclusive.

I dont think cartoony squash match after squash match would be popular at all anymore though.

Nekofrog

Banned
You forgot Elias Samson.

Its hilarious how long he's been around and we still have no character motivation from him or anything. Does he want to win a title? Just beat people up? Couldn't get gigs at the coffee shop anymore so he decided to become a pro wrestler so he could play guitar in front of an audience? It should be the last one. "They wouldnt let me play at the barista anymore so you fucks will have to do"

Mahonay

Banned
Linda is going to spending half her time in the Whitehouse answering pro wrestling related memos.

"Linda - Is Undertaker really dead? If yes, we need to find out how.

Sincerely,
- The Donald"

It still makes me laugh that during the time Trump was in WWE, they had to walk back the story if him buying Raw because some investors took it seriously and the stock started falling.
They didn't know it a work when you work a work and work yourself into a shoot.

Linda is going to spending half her time in the Whitehouse answering pro wrestling related memos.

"Linda - Is Undertaker really dead? If yes, we need to find out how.

Sincerely,
- The Donald"

Last day of office he's going to finally catch up and ask why that guy who was clearly cheering Reigns losing looked so upset on the replay the following episode

MfCMbe8.gif

QzlAtPq.gif

urrOstl.gif

Hypest match of 2016. I was at full mast for 8 straight minutes.

There's exactly one Steve Austin. Austin is not a archetype

Just using austin as an example, the rock, angle, jericho they never showed themselves when in character to be fanboy over past stars. Sasha banks is meant to be the boss but all she does is cry over eddie. All of you saying to me just watch old wrestling instead because its changed no it hasn't theres a reason why guys like cena, brock, goldberg, taker etc are still most popular guys there. I'm specifically talking about the vanilla guys that everyone seems to be hyping up because they are good workers.

Just using austin as an example, the rock, angle, jericho they never showed themselves when in character to be fanboy over past stars. Sasha banks is meant to be the boss but all she does is cry over eddie. All of you saying to me just watch old wrestling instead because its changed no it hasn't theres a reason why guys like cena, brock, goldberg, taker etc are still most popular guys there. I'm specifically talking about the vanilla guys that everyone seems to be hyping up because they are good workers.

It is a different era of wrestling though...

For better or worse, this is the "reality" era...

Also Rey Jr's entire title run was I love Eddie.

Heroman

Banned
Stop watching WWE ,It's not the talent it the booking and writing I mean I doubt Sasha wants to talk about Eddie 24-7.

You're confusing the way WWE choose to present these performers and their actual ability and potential, which often reach far beyond the meagre storylines and characters given to them by creative. Those guys are vanilla because they're presented that way, their characters are forgettable or nonexistent because WWE can't write babyfaces anymore and all their heels end up being cheered, and the promo material comes across as hackneyed, forced bullshit entirely because it is hackneyed, forced bullshit.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Raw opens with Roman

Smackdown opens with Alexa

A show.

Top Bottom