• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

ElRenoRaven

why not just do another gimmick match. you know, any gimmick that isn't "THIS MATCH PREVENTS OUTSIDER INTERFERENCE"

it just hurts the believably of any other cage match in the future that is supposed to keep someone from interfering. the fucking door being a thing at all is just the dumbest shit.

Door would be ok if they actually locked it like the old days. Chain that fucker shut and force them to get out over the cage or win via pin or submission. Make it actually mean something.

BFIB

C2a-Gr3UcAA8-Zz.jpg
Damn, she looks great!

I can see a triple threat for the women's title at the rumble set up next week with either Mickie winning the belt to feud with Becky, or Alexa cheating to retain to leave Becky and Mickie to feud with no belt while Alexa feuds with likely Nikki.

Door would be ok if they actually locked it like the old days. Chain that fucker shut and force them to get out over the cage or win via pin or submission. Make it actually mean something.
Not locking it makes the cage completely worthless. If you want them to exit out the front, at least make them work for it.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
No Bryan on Talking Smack again. Did he shoot too hard? Did they broom closet him? Show is basically unwatchable without him.

The last time a cage match was perfectly booked with outside interference was in 2004.

https://youtu.be/BGLyHeWhqPg?t=1584

Did she ever have any contact with Lynch that could've started bad blood? Any personal reason as of why she'd screw her over the title? No? The writing is shit.

Jesus she just got back into the company and this feud literally just fucking started tonight. Hell given that she actively celebrated with Bliss it can start with a story of Bliss bringing her in as a mentor/support/manager and that part of that is James fucking up Becky....

Like maaaaybe wait for thr first promo James gives before claiming the writing is shit?

Smackdown was great again. Except Otunga... he's the fucking worst. He'd work as a heel commentator because he's just such a fucking asshole out there, he talks down most of the heels and his lol JBL did you trip was makor what the fuck.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
i imagine you're joking, but both Shane and surprisingly JBL eps were fine.

I find Shane awful on the show. When Bryan's on it feels casual and conversational. When Shane is on the show it feels like I'm watching a press conference.

LiQuid!

sounds fair. i can see him feeling more "stiff". what did you thought about JBL?

I don't remember the episode with him so I might have missed it, but I don't find JBL bad in his interviews. The show just isn't special without Renee and Bryan tho.

LiQuid!

Why is Davari doing the Rainmaker? I shouldn't have watched this.

Paracelsus

Jesus she just got back into the company and this feud literally just fucking started tonight. Hell given that she actively celebrated with Bliss it can start with a story of Bliss bringing her in as a mentor/support/manager and that part of that is James fucking up Becky....

Like maaaaybe wait for thr first promo James gives before claiming the writing is shit?

Smackdown was great again. Except Otunga... he's the fucking worst. He'd work as a heel commentator because he's just such a fucking asshole out there, he talks down most of the heels and his lol JBL did you trip was makor what the fuck.

James was already in NXT, could've brought Lynch in there for a promo where you planted seeds of revenge. There's no way back now, because you can't give her a personal reason other than "I think X is better than Y so I support X" anymore. The best they can do is a heel double swerve as in "I screwed you over because from what I saw the current champ sucks so I can take her down easily".

James was already in NXT, could've brought Lynch in there for a promo where you planted seeds of revenge. There's no way back now, because you can't give her a personal reason other than "I think X is better than Y so I support X" anymore. The best they can do is a heel double swerve as in "I screwed you over because from what I saw the current champ sucks so I can take her down easily".

Again you have no explanation yet because the damn story started tonight.

James was in NXT literally for one night. She wasn't even brought in with the mind of coming back to the main roster. That happened because her match was good.... Like it's not shit writing because they didn't start a feud for Smackdown on NXT lol forva wrestler that was originally brought in for one maych.

Like I said story could be Bliss brought her in to learn from a legend...

There's a lot of reasons. But sure the writing on a feud that started tonight, that hasn't had a single word spoken yet is shit...

Zach

Oh my god, the end of the 2005 Royal Rumble. I was laughing out loud like a loon.

That being said, surprisingly good Rumble. Like, without looking back to be sure, I feel like it's maybe in the Top Three. Definitely in my Fave Five, at least.

Top Bottom