• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Ithil

Bray just strolling in and sitting down like a regular guy is really weird after years of teleporting and sinister dark rooms.

One thing I really like is the shift from titan tron videos to signature graphics for wrestler's entrances. Makes everyone look cool and important visually and is great for debuting new guys and immediately visually integrating them into whatever roster they've debuted on.

Between this and the Beth Pheonix post, what year did you brehs start watching wresting?

1988ish. According to my dad my grandfather took me to a bar when I was 3 and I watched Wrestlemania 3 while he was drinking. Apparently he left me alone for like an hour to play pool and I was just plopped on the bar chillin and watching the matches in awe.

I don't know the veracity of that tale, but I know I've been watching it since at least 4.

One thing I really like is the shift from titan tron videos to signature graphics for wrestler's entrances. Makes everyone look cool and important visually and is great for debuting new guys and immediately visually integrating them into whatever roster they've debuted on.

I hate it. Everyone has to have a shitty tshirt logo now.

Kurita

giphy.gif

ReiGun

SD does it every single week.

Stay pessimistic about the overall product when most of it is pretty great, marks.

This.

Smackdown is good. NXT is slowly finding its footing again. 205 Live is pretty good. A lot of the Network exclusive stuff is decent to great.

It's just Raw that really, truly sucks.

Recall

A community of people who whinge about RAW yet it's very clear they were neither alive or watching when it was ever good.

I'm so old.

klonere

Banned
Holy shit ROH may as well not fucking exist anymore. Talent getting sniped by WWE and WWE co-opted indies and now NJPW say this.

C2cTVZ7WQAA7W02.jpg

Kidani is an absolute madman.

So after Roman and H stank up the joint with their main event last year, they're still aiming for Roman to go into mania as champ? And AJ will also no doubt be shown his place by Cena after keeping the belt warm during those non-mania build months.

AJ should be defending his title (not against Shane) and Owens/Jericho should be the universal match. Taker should have his boring ass monster of the week match against Brawny Strongman.

Not that I'm watching it this year, I feel dirty subbing to the network after seeing how much money the McMahons funnelled to Trump.

gun_haver

I think there's a chance AJ doesn't lose the title at the rumble. Maybe it can all play out something like this:

Rumble - Evenly matched, both guys get counted out at 10 after an intense sequence.
Elimination Chamber - Various hijinx involving the other top guys to avoid either AJ or Cena losing clean (though I dunno how elimination chamber works, never seen one), AJ keeps the belt.
Mania - AJ vs Cena in a last man standing match, Cena wins to become 16 time champ.

That could be all right. A bit too much of AJ vs Cena which we are quite used to by now, but I don't see what else they could pivot towards as the main WWE title program at this point with Mania being about 10 weeks away. Taker vs Cena would have been an acceptable alternative, but apparently he is off of Smackdown and the Cena match.

They could always put it on Cena right away at the rumble, but I think the marquee Mania match scenario would be better for that show. The Royal Rumble show doesn't need the title to change, it has the Rumble, but Wrestlemania needs big matches and I don't see Cena vs Ambrose/Orton/Miz/Bray being at that level this year, or AJ vs any of those guys.

Top Bottom