• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Hex

Banned
Rex going for Gorgeous George heat in 2017...

He really wished that entrance was GLORIOUS.
Seriously though, everyone who thought WWE was holding him down I hope gets it now that just because you might be able to do some stand up does not mean you are anything special in the ring.

If you bought one of WWE's belts, what would you get?

I'm kind of torn between 3:

The Million Dollar Championship : Classic, and it is still recognizable to everyone.

WCW Heavyweight Championship Replica Title (aka Big Gold) : I love this belt and the WCW version is the best looking between this and the WWE version.

WWE NXT Championship: My favorite of the current belts. I love the design as it's unique and you know exactly what it is when you see it.

Big gold and the WWE Undisputed Championship

Striker

If you were creative and a wrestler came to you wanting to do a gay panic character in 2017 wouldn't you bullshit them and never do it?
Who's to say that even happened there?

There's a reason movie star Batista has no interest in going back.

Russo is back with TNA isn't he?

So it seems like
Samoa Joe
has pretty favourable odds for winning the Rumble. To WWE I say

KPffCWW.gif
I would fuck the mark out if that happened.
Some are still on the first and some are on the second step of grief it seems...
Billie Kay and Peyton Royce are great:

https://mobile.twitter.com/WWENXT/status/822096541787820032

SPEED SQUATS!

I wish there was a tag division they could be used in. I think I've been saying that for like two years now though.

Menome

They've made nothing but good games, the weakest one was Madworld and it wasn't even that bad...

I love Platinum....but Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

However, on the flip-side, the fantastic Transformers: Devastation.
REXtastic?

Where the heck is Menome?

I'm here. I wonder why you keep talking about this Aron Rex and assume I'd be interested? I'm a Damien Sandow guy.

Anyone else watching Fantastica Mania? Put it on during the Okada//Guerrero/Euforia vs Juice/Mistico/Volador match, been a fun match thus far. Very unfamiliar with CMLL and Lucha in general, but this has been an easy watch for a contextless 6-man tag.

EDIT: Voldador & Guerrero are quite good.

klonere

Banned
I have no idea what to think of this right now

It's uncharted waters for the territory. You've got a few small players (Flo, NJPW/ROH, WCPW, ITV) trying to compete the WWE gigantic all consuming monster whose track record is killing competition in a brutal fashion. You've got WWE signing independent contractors to pitiful non-compete contracts which is illegal but nobody wants to take them in court because you'll cut yourself off from the chance at a career, more or less. WWE's MO ensures that there will be no other place that you can make a career from da business (apart from a very, very select few) so they are untouchable.

Meanwhile you'll have bookers and promoters working with a sliced and diced talent pool with conflicting broadcasting rights, title politics and contract fuckery to deal with. UK supershows are going away for the next year at the least because no one company can book all the best UK talent on the same show and broadcast it. The promoters, like the talent seem to be instantly beholden to the WWE because that still is the biggest platform available, signing away broadcasting rights long term and allowing talent to be plucked away.

While I don't see WWE whisking away all the top talent a la the 80s, only companies with the WWE's blessing will be able to book the cream of the crop as time goes on and more mark deals are signed. Competitors fold as the available field of talent shrinks and they are unable to book drawing shows over the medium term or hold onto talent they have invested in. Big indie shows go back to being WWE cast offs and the few hold outs or undesirables, so 1PW all over again.

So in two or three years time we might have WWE running a mediocre weekly show on the Network along with a handful of approved promotions sticking up their content as well. Other promotions will have shrunk or died off. Scene is far less vibrant and organic. Show variety is down. UK is no longer the place where dream matches happen every few months. RPW York Hall shows are vastly inferior, for example.

Several talent make it to the main roster only to flounder in the CW division. People realize how short Tyler and Pete are. People complain about weird accents.

just a bit pessimistic but it could happen

It's uncharted waters for the territory. You've got a few small players (Flo, NJPW/ROH, WCPW, ITV) trying to compete the WWE gigantic all consuming monster whose track record is killing competition in a brutal fashion. You've got WWE signing independent contractors to pitiful non-compete contracts which is illegal but nobody wants to take them in court because you'll cut yourself off from the chance at a career, more or less. WWE's MO ensures that there will be no other place that you can make a career from da business (apart from a very, very select few) so they are untouchable.

Meanwhile you'll have bookers and promoters working with a sliced and diced talent pool with conflicting broadcasting rights, title politics and contract fuckery to deal with. UK supershows are going away for the next year at the least because no one company can book all the best UK talent on the same show and broadcast it. The promoters, like the talent seem to be instantly beholden to the WWE because that still is the biggest platform available, signing away broadcasting rights long term and allowing talent to be plucked away.

While I don't see WWE whisking away all the top talent a la the 80s, only companies with the WWE's blessing will be able to book the cream of the crop as time goes on and more mark deals are signed. Competitors fold as the available field of talent shrinks and they are unable to book drawing shows over the medium term or hold onto talent they have invested in. Big indie shows go back to being WWE cast offs and the few hold outs or undesirables, so 1PW all over again.

So in two or three years time we might have WWE running a mediocre weekly show on the Network along with a handful of approved promotions sticking up their content as well. Other promotions will have shrunk or died off. Scene is far less vibrant and organic. Show variety is down. UK is no longer the place where dream matches happen every few months. RPW York Hall shows are vastly inferior, for example.

Several talent make it to the main roster only to flounder in the CW division. People realize how short Tyler and Pete are. People complain about weird accents.

just a bit pessimistic but it could happen

ughhhhhhhhhhh

Striker

This character is one Aron Rex wanted to do for a long time apparently.
Watching more of it, it's a bit over the top but it is better than what he came in with. Spud deserves better though. I think wrestlers now more than ever are generic clones with no identity or personalities.

Top Bottom