• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

EaBu64A.png

klonere

Banned
The UK scene turmoil is making my head spin. OTT next month could be a mess if Dunne Vs Riddle gets scrapped.

Hearing the broadcasting conflict covers VoDs on services like Vimeo. That's two gigantic matches gone for OTT in Riddle/Dunne and Riddle/Bate.

Jamie OD

Seemingly, depends if it's on Flo or not (which could wreak havoc on WWN's Mania lineup).

Also OTT seem to be on the good list

Riddle being signed to Flo makes me think it's part of that deal but I'm hearing OTT's relationship with them was a one time thing and they're jumping to WWE if they haven't already.

Man, this time last year WWE was targeting New Japan, 12 months later it's Europe.

WWe wanting to get on indie wrestling is so dumb. How about you make raw better instead of signing everyone under the sun.

Thier roster just gets more bloated how can anyone stand out

Did repo man get his job back

repo-man-27-merlin-1992-wwf-wrestling-trading-card-21904-p.jpg

WWe wanting to get on indie wrestling is so dumb. How about you make raw better instead of signing everyone under the sun.

Far easier to write checks than to write competent scripts

It's why the common belief is once the indies are crushed and they don't need their own territory in every country that isn't making money, they'll just get bored and release everyone back into the wild. Only then (much like when the WCW/ECW invasion angle ended) they'll have nowhere to go back to

klonere

Banned

Did repo man get his job back

I think they have to show to shareholders they are attempting to expand the Network in international markets and this is how they are going about it; by going after a quite limited but hardcore crowd that will signup to the Network if the content is aimed at them.

Now it's an implicit admission in my mind that A) They are tapped out in the US and won't grow in any significant way at all there and B) They acknowledge only hardcores signup for the Network, meaning that it will never reach mass market acceptance like they had wanted.

I think they have to show to shareholders they are attempting to expand the Network in international markets and this is how they are going about it; by going after a quite limited but hardcore crowd that will signup to the Network if the content is aimed at them.

Now it's an implicit admission in my mind that A) They are tapped out in the US and won't grow in any significant way at all there and B) They acknowledge only hardcores signup for the Network, meaning that it will never reach mass market acceptance like they had wanted.

We're about to hit its third year and they still haven't even come close to their day one stated goal of 4 to 4.5 million long term paid subscribers. They don't need to acknowledge it, it's a fact they can't hide from.

klonere

Banned
We're about to hit its third year and they still haven't even come close to their day one stated goal of 4 to 4.5 million long term paid subscribers. They don't need to acknowledge it, it's a fact they can't hide from.

They seem comfortable lying to shareholders all the time. I wonder if one of these days someone will go in really hard on this figure during a quarterly call. I'd love to hear Barrios or even Vince spin that shit.

Sephzilla

Oh no! How will I watch videos then?! Oh, wait, I've never used Netflix on a gaming system anyway.

Keep trying to make a big deal out of the most ridiculous of complaints though.

It's 2017. Getting a Netflix or Youtube app on something should be commonplace these days. This is also the same system that said "fuck it, use your phone" for voice chat. If the damn thing has a web browser it'll probably be Netscape Navigator

Nintendo continues to live in their weird time bubble where its [PRESENT YEAR] - 10 years

Hasney

There's probably an alternate timeline where Nintendo leads on and gets everything right in terms of consoles in the last decade and Kane retired 10 years ago.

In 2017.

It's 2017. Getting a Netflix or Youtube app on something should be commonplace these days. This is also the same system that said "fuck it, use your phone" for voice chat. Edit: Web Browser joke

Nintendo continues to live in their weird time bubble where its [PRESENT YEAR] - 10 years

Nintendo is a weird company, but not having any video apps at launch is a deal breaker by any stretch of the imagination.

Edit: I legitimately never expect them to add a web browser considering every console has been hacked through their web browser in the past few years.

No WWE Network on switch
Ether

I watch WWE Network exclusively on my iPad and Apple TV. I downloaded the app on PS4 just to see it, but it ran like 500% worse there for some reason.

It's 2017. Getting a Netflix or Youtube app on something should be commonplace these days. This is also the same system that said "fuck it, use your phone" for voice chat. If the damn thing has a web browser it'll probably be Netscape Navigator

It's funny because for all the defensive talk of "who needs it", they sure didn't mind it being there when Nintendo had it for launch on the Wii U

They seem comfortable lying to shareholders all the time. I wonder if one of these days someone will go in really hard on this figure during a quarterly call. I'd love to hear Barrios or even Vince spin that shit.

It's a positive I'm looking forward to when HHH gets the reigns. If the shareholders don't split immediately (at least a significant portion absolutely will, but let's play pretend here), they're not going to softball him. And HHH is stubborn enough he'll either not know what to say or spin, or he'll get pissed and anger them enough into bolting anyway.

Anth0ny

nintendo has more important things to worry about, like the fact that they're way overpriced, and only offer games no one gives a fuck about

look at the top 10 best selling games of 2016:

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (Activision Blizzard)
Battlefield 1 (EA)
Tom Clancy's The Division (Ubisoft)
NBA 2K17 (Take-Two)
Madden NFL 17 (EA)
Grand Theft Auto V (Take-Two)
Overwatch (Activision Blizzard)
Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Activision Blizzard)
FIFA 17 (EA)
Final Fantasy XV (Square Enix)

How many does Switch get? A fucking port of the 360 version of FIFA? An equivalent shit version of NBA 2K that no one wants? Then the rest are nowhere to be found. good job there guys.

Hasney

nintendo has more important things to worry about, like the fact that they're way overpriced, and only offer games no one gives a fuck about

I mean, "no-one" is a silly statement. There's still a relatively large core that does give a fuck. Even on the Wii U, MK8 managed to sell 7.5 million, it's not like an Ouya.

The games people do care about, it's dealing with the bullshit around them for most people.

Anth0ny

I mean, "no-one" is a silly statement. There's still a relatively large core that does give a fuck. Even on the Wii U, MK8 managed to sell 7.5 million, it's not like an Ouya.

The games people do care about, it's dealing with the bullshit around them for most people.

the wii u install base is that core. the people who stick with nintendo no matter what.

the wii u install base isn't that large!

It's funny because for all the defensive talk of "who needs it", they sure didn't mind it being there when Nintendo had it for launch on the Wii U.

It just doesn't bother me. I never used it on my Wii. My Wii U. My 3DS. My PS3. My PS4. My Vita. My 360. My XBox One. I'm just not watching Netflix on a gaming console. When I have an Apple TV, iPad, iPhone, and Smart TV that all run it.

Top Bottom