• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Sephzilla

"Everyone has a system that does this" isn't a valid excuse though. In fact it actively hurts the appeal of the Switch because it's one more reason to buy something else at the same price point.

Little shit like this is a big reason why Nintendo's core base has been declining since the N64

Are people seriously trying to defend the phone stuff?

Nintendo are so out of touch with the gaming industry.

If they want to remain a big player they should outsource thier hardware to someone that understands the Internet and the industry.

Nintendo fans will always give them a pass because mah Zelda, mah Mario. Nintendo marks are like WWE marks in that regard

nintendo has more important things to worry about, like the fact that they're way overpriced, and only offer games no one gives a fuck about

look at the top 10 best selling games of 2016:

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (Activision Blizzard)
Battlefield 1 (EA)
Tom Clancy’s The Division (Ubisoft)
NBA 2K17 (Take-Two)
Madden NFL 17 (EA)
Grand Theft Auto V (Take-Two)
Overwatch (Activision Blizzard)
Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Activision Blizzard)
FIFA 17 (EA)
Final Fantasy XV (Square Enix)

How many does Switch get? A fucking port of the 360 version of FIFA? An equivalent shit version of NBA 2K that no one wants? Then the rest are nowhere to be found. good job there guys.

You know what I don't give a fuck about? Any of those games you listed. The only one I do care about is FFXV and the game Square Enix showed at the Switch Conference last week looks infinitely more intriguing to me.

Hasney

the wii u install base is that core. the people who stick with nintendo no matter what.

the wii u install base isn't that large!

As of their last financials, it was 12 million Wii Us sold with 7.5 million MK8's. I think 12 million is a bit more than no one, just way less than the competition.

"Everyone has a system that does this" isn't a valid excuse though. In fact it actively hurts the appeal of the Switch because it's one more reason to buy something else at the same price point.

Little shit like this is a big reason why Nintendo's core base has been declining since the N64

And it's an active regression from their previous offerings over something that should be a basic

If they want an example of how ridiculous this is from an outside perspective, see Apple fans defending the new iPhone not having a headphone jachahahahahahha oh god that was so fucking stupid

Zach

As someone who wants to buy and play all of the video games ever... you'd have to be crazy to be enthused by the Switch at this point. I mean Jesus.

Right, got the Network again thanks to that special offer. Mainly going to be used for PPVs, but I also plan to catch up on stuff like the UK Tourney, CWC and Takeovers I've missed. Anything else in particular I should look out for?

Oh and yeah, the Switch not having any video apps is daft. I'd wager most of the time I'm watching YouTube, Twitch etc is on the Xbox One.

As someone who wants to buy and play all of the video games ever... you'd have to be crazy to be enthused by the Switch at this point. I mean Jesus.

I concede I'm probably getting a Switch

It just sure as shit isn't going to be for over $200 now. A million reasons killed my interest

$30 fucking charger

Fuck the switch

And if you ever compare me to a fucking Nintendo fan, I'll fuck you up.

Ooooh I'm so scared

l4TDHP6.gif

klonere

Banned
Right, got the Network again thanks to that special offer. Mainly going to be used for PPVs, but I also plan to catch up on stuff like the UK Tourney, CWC and Takeovers I've missed. Anything else in particular I should look out for?

Oh and yeah, the Switch not having any video apps is daft. I'd wager most of the time I'm watching YouTube, Twitch etc is on the Xbox One.

If you feel Day 1 of the UKCT is slow, do stick with it!

Anth0ny

You know what I don't give a fuck about? Any of those games you listed. The only one I do care about is FFXV and the game Square Enix showed at the Switch Conference last week looks infinitely more intriguing to me.

yeah man that's great but if they don't offer games for the masses like PS4 and Xbone do they'll be doomed to continue doing Wii U/Gamecube numbers forever, which is bad for all of us.

A Nintendo box with no third party support, or just SOME Japanese support, isn't going to sell in 2017. especially if it's priced at $299.

I want to play Mario, Zelda, Xenoblade, SMT, and other Nintendo exclusives. It is why you get any Nintendo product these days. You just have to make the decision to see if it is worth it for you.

Hasney

I want to play Mario, Zelda, Xenoblade, SMT, and other Nintendo exclusives. It is why you get any Nintendo product these days. You just have to make the decision to see if it is worth it for you.

Yeah, I got my Wii U launch and felt I got value out of it. I can see why the rest of the things put people off, but as long as those core games are there, I'll be happy playing them.

I'm jealous. I never got the special deal for the Network.

Raw64life

This. It's not hard to understand. Nintendo hardware is underpowered. Their OS and online/multimedia services are generally shit. This has been the case for a while now and shouldn't be news to anyone. I'm getting a Switch for the games. They still make incredibly fun games, and I'll continue to buy Nintendo systems as long as that's the case.

I knew this was the gif before even clicking on iy lol

Bishop from juice?

I watched that last night to commemorate the 25th anniversary of one of my favourite movies of all time.

Pac's scene when he talks about him being crazy is still fire. I remember doing it as a monologue in the 8th grade.

It's been 25 years? Damn that movie can still go

Sephzilla

I mean, yeah, I'll probably get one at some point down the line to play a few of those games. But the audience that's willing to buy a Nintendo console for Nintendo games is pretty clearly shrinking.

It's just kind of baffling how Nintendo has been so late to the party with the pulse of the gaming market since the late 90s. They were late to the CD-ROM media party, which gutted their third party lineup and cost them some huge games. They were late to the DVD party. They were late to the HD gaming party. They were late to online gaming (some would argue they still aren't there).

Zach

I concede I'm probably getting a Switch

It just sure as shit isn't going to be for over $200 now. A million reasons killed my interest

$30 fucking charger

I hope they start giving a few more reasons to buy and few less reasons not to buy. It's really been amazing.

I'm jealous. I never got the special deal for the Network.

Are you a #lapsed fan

Not a HashtagLapsed fan, that's different and we all are. If you had a sub or trial before but didn't renew/pay, eventually they'll send you a email begging you to come back and giving you 3 months free. I got mine around Survivor Series time (ends after the Rumble, cancelling it right after though), so did others, others more got one this week

Menome

All this Nintendo talk is riling everybody up too much.

Here's The Drifter to soothe your soul with his evocative guitar-playing.

lkNSIxY.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
It just doesn't bother me. I never used it on my Wii. My Wii U. My 3DS. My PS3. My PS4. My Vita. My 360. My XBox One. I'm just not watching Netflix on a gaming console. When I have an Apple TV, iPad, iPhone, and Smart TV that all run it.

Seriously, why would anyone watch on a console? Aside from the noise they make. Those things run 80w of power on idle, a medio box runs a couple at most. A Chromecast runs on the USB power of your TV. Get a Chromecast, save the environment.

No video apps is a huge omission. Though personally a dedicated FireTV or Roku is 1000 times better than using your system, plus you get a remote.

Less power consumption too.

Top Bottom