• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Been watching Nitro in 1998.

The crowd sure does love the Wolfpac. They love Goldberg more though. The weeks where the Wolfpac is real but they don't have the theme is terrible, you're going to hear the NWO theme (on the network especially as it also replaces Voodoo child) about twenty times a night. Most matches in the final hour are NWO versus NWO each and every week.

Oh I just watched Sting join. He does in fact look a bit out of shape most of 1998, something I didn't notice watching the PPVs a few years ago. Sting, DDP, Luger. The three who should never join the NWO...and two of them did. Joined the knockoff NWO with the shitty color scheme. Someone in the crowd already had a sting mask colored red and black and looking almost exactly what he'd look like in the coming months.

At least this period also has the best of seven matches, Chavo going crazy on his uncle, Raven/Saturn/Kanyon feud, The middle act of the Steiner feud, and Goldberg right around the time people figured out the numbers were a lie. Peak WCW undercard.

the people complaining about no video apps on Switch remind me of those who want to have emulators on EVERY SINGLE device they own or will own. it doesn't matter that they have them on all of those devices, as soon as a new one comes out they're like "when can I play my SNES and NEOGEO romz on it".

like seriously, what percentage of those who buy a Switch do not have at least one other device that has Netflix?

the Switch has many many problems, but this one sounds like a first world one to me

Correct on all accounts, friend.

Sephzilla

the people complaining about no video apps on Switch remind me of those who want to have emulators on EVERY SINGLE device they own or will own. it doesn't matter that they have them on all of those devices, as soon as a new one comes out they're like "when can I play my SNES and NEOGEO romz on it".

like seriously, what percentage of those who buy a Switch do not have at least one other device that has Netflix?

the Switch has many many problems, but this one sounds like a first world one to me

the "you have other devices" thing is not a valid excuse. Everyone has a smartphone these days, does that excuse them shipping voice chat out to that?

Also, look at it from a casual consumer point of view. You're about to spend $300 on a new gaming system either for you or for your kid. What looks more appealing? The system that already has a deep library of games, really good graphics, plays blurays, does netflix/youtube, and has cheaper peripheral items like controllers? Or the system that looks like a cheap tablet, lesser tech, more expensive controllers, can't do netflix/youtube, and you need to use your goddamn phone in order to chat online with. And a more casual consumer is probably going to see that this device cant do some of those things like netflix and youtube and it's instantly going to make them view it as an inferior product. It doesn't matter to hardcore gaming enthusiasts but shit like this matters a lot to your average consumer. It shouldn't be no sold

#Shoot: The next Takeover kinda gives me a vibe that it'll be average. No matches on the card scream anything that could be great in the way every Takeover seems to have at least one guaranteed match that's gonna be awesome.

Hasney

#Shoot: The next Takeover kinda gives me a vibe that it'll be average. No matches on the card scream anything that could be great in the way every Takeover seems to have at least one guaranteed match that's gonna be awesome.

TM61 can go despite having no personality, so I think the tag match will be awesome. Nikki Cross is great too, but obviously she's not had an actual NXT match, so I can see why people might not realise that yet.

But yeah, NXT is in a bit of a rebuilding stage right now and if the lose Joe as is rumored, maybe even more so. Hopefully the build to the WM takeover is better.

EDIT: Just looked up the card. The womens is a 4 way and not Nikki V Asuka? Fuck.

TM61 can go despite having no personality, so I think the tag match will be awesome. Nikki Cross is great too, but obviously she's not had an actual NXT match, so I can see why people might not realise that yet.

But yeah, NXT is in a bit of a rebuilding stage right now and if the lose Joe as is rumored, maybe even more so. Hopefully the build to the WM takeover is better.
The tag match is Authors of Pain vs DIY. :(

Apparently one of TM61 is injured.

Edit: Yeah, it's a fatal four way. Which is either their way of keeping the belt on Asuka without having her pin Nikki and she pins Billie or Peyton or it's their way of taking the belt off Asuka without being pinned. I like Kay and Royce so I hope they don't have them turn on each other (I would laugh if they had a spot where one of them tried pinning the other just so one of them has the belt).

Hasney

NXT just isn't that good now and it'll be worse if/when they lose Joe

See, if they called up the 4 best UK guys as a stable, they could refresh it, but they need them to do this UK thing and grow that for now.

Bringing Hero back does mean they'll have one guy that can put on fantastic matches at least. Time to raid the indies again?

Silent_Z

Edit: Yeah, it's a fatal four way. Which is either their way of keeping the belt on Asuka without having her pin Nikki and she pins Billie or Peyton or it's their way of taking the belt off Asuka without being pinned. I like Kay and Royce so I hope they don't have them turn on each other (I would laugh if they had a spot where one of them tried pinning the other just so one of them has the belt).

I'm more of the mind that it's going to be history repeating itself with NXT women's 4-ways. It's not protecting the champ from eating a pin but more creating such an overwhelmingly bad situation that losing makes sense and the champ gets pinned by the top heel.

imBask

Banned

yeah we'll see about that pal

tumblr_nhog39dMiO1qlmfquo3_250.gif

Kaladin

Hopefully they get Tommy End soon and start using Sanity more. I think that would sharpen up some rough edges.

They need new women badly. Everyone aside from Asuka is pre-NXT Divas levels of bad. It's like if you asked Kelly Kelly to work a 15 minute match. I have hopes for Nikki Cross, but that's about it. They don't highlight Ember Moon enough for me to judge.

I'm more of the mind that it's going to be history repeating itself with NXT women's 4-ways. It's not protecting the champ from eating a pin but more creating such an overwhelmingly bad situation that losing makes sense and the champ gets pinned by the top heel.
I can't buy it happening like that but I definitely get your point. I think it's just that NXT have done such a job of making everyone look like jobbers compared to Asuka with her undefeated streak that I can't see her losing the belt in this match unless someone else gets pinned for it.

Hasney

I'm more positive booking wise than match wise due to Asukas current direction. I think it will end up more in a situation like the Fatal 4 Way NXT title match where Asuka retains, but she has to tease going hell more to do it. Like when Neville pulled the ref out to stop Sami winning.

Don't their house shows outside of florida do very well?

Yeah, I think most of them are sell outs. The UK and AUS tours certainly were.

We're gonna be seeing AA vs the Wyatt Family for a long time. Smackdown have done wonders with everything else but they messed up with a lot of the tag teams they already had to establish how much of a big deal AA were. I remember the first few weeks of Smackdown were basically segments ending with AA standing tall.

It doesn't help the more whacky gimmicks are on Smackdown's tag team division.

I was thinking the other day. What do you think would class as a loyal and respectful hustle? Hustling someone kinda implies disrespect, right? But I suppose if it was done in a respectful manner such as hustling some douchebags like the Westboro Baptist Chuch, then that would be something that Big Match John could be proud of.

I don't know, just one of those shower thoughts.

I might have to pick up 3rd strike. Great price

My man. The GOAT fighting game.

Top Bottom