• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Nekofrog

Banned
I honestly don't remember Kidman being around this much in 02 and 03. Thought he was one of the guys who showed up in the invasion and disappeared like Mike awesome but I guess not

Tom Nook

Waluigi is the Daniel Bryan of Nintendo. Plucky underdog with a single sylable catchphrase who got completely over whilst the company was trying to push someone else. And yes, he's awesome.

Not afraid to shoot.

tumblr_lokvsehvat1qb5yg1o2_500.gif

So what did Sami tweet during the U.K. Tournament though?
He made a tweet saying 'why imitate when you can create' to a WWE tweet of how a guy did the Blue Thunder Bomb with a modified version and it sort of sounds like he's implying he invented the Blue Thunder Bomb. A few people and even Tyson Kidd called him out on that. Although on thinking about it, it may be that he was saying it in that the move was making his own version of the move (as in why imitate the actual move when you can modify it and create your own version) and he just phrased it badly.

He made a tweet saying 'why imitate when you can create' to a WWE tweet of how a guy did the Blue Thunder Bomb with a modified version and it sort of sounds like he's implying he invented the Blue Thunder Bomb. A few people and even Tyson Kidd called him out on that. Although on thinking about it, it may be that he was saying it in that the move was making his own version of the move (as in why imitate the actual move when you can modify it and create your own version) and he just phrased it badly.

Fucking LOLing at Sami being called out by Tyson Kidd.

Hasney

So what did Sami tweet during the U.K. Tournament though?

The UK account tweeted about shades of Sami when someone hit a blue thunder bomb, he said something about innovating not emulating and Tyson Kidd called him out.

You created the blue thunder bomb?? Does Jun Akiyama know this??

tumblr_o7lzq6j7KY1sj4xr4o1_400.gif

Why can't you be strong enough to have this as a regular finisher, Roman?

No lie, Roman had some really great matches with AJ so it's not like the dude can't put on a good show. I mean yeah, he was working with AJ and he can make anyone look like a million dollars, but you can still see that the potential is there.

Waluigi fans are like Tye Dyllinger fans, behind some jobber with one spammed phrase who they'd never actually back when push comes to shove.
Meme character, meme wrestler.

xd3f7ja.gif

He doesn't have someone like AJ to take it all the time though is the problem.

He's sure as shit not hitting it on Braun or Cena.
Cena would take it well (he took Owens powerbomb pretty good iirc), but I think the standard for New York (brother) finishers is can you hit it on Kane and make it look good.

Cena would definitely take it

Braun would have no idea how to
I think the issue for me is less how the people he does it on takes it and more the fact Roman isn't strong enough to lift them. It's the only reason I can see why it isn't his finisher, depending on the opponent he may not be able to do it.

Hasney

He doesn't have someone like AJ to take it all the time though is the problem.

He's sure as shit not hitting it on Braun or Cena.

I wish there wasn't one finisher per guy. I mean AJ had 3 at one point, let Roman keep the spear on the bigger guys dawgs and hit the bomb on the smaller.

Anth0ny

i don't like that sit out powerbomb from roman

don't really know why, just don't like it

i can't really think of a good finisher that would suit him, either

spear is alright i guess

Zach

Donald Trump

Superstar Stats
Hometown: New York, N.Y.

Career Highlights
Former owner of Monday Night Raw; 2013 WWE Hall of Fame Inductee; 45th President of the United States

From captivating billionaire to reality TV star, from WWE Hall of Famer to the 45th President of the United States, Donald J. Trump has truly done it all.

As one of the most famous men in the world, Trump has been recognized as an innovator of real estate, politics and reality television. And how could you miss him? The Donald’s surname — synonymous with wealth and power — has been emblazoned in giant gold letters across skyscrapers and high-rises in the biggest cities in the world. But long before he stepped into the Oval Office, Trump was helping to shape the future of the squared circle. In fact, he had been making a consistent impact on WWE since the days when Andre the Giant was still king.

The Donald’s Trump Plaza in Atlantic City, N.J., hosted both WrestleMania IV and WrestleMania V — the only venue to present The Show of Shows two years in a row. Since those unforgettable nights, Trump has remained a familiar face in the front row of WWE events, but it wasn’t until 2007 that the billionaire got in on the action.

In January of that year, The Donald interrupted Mr. McMahon’s “Fan Appreciation Night” on Raw and dropped tens of thousands of dollars from the rafters of the arena onto the WWE fans below. Red-faced that a rival would steal the spotlight from him, Mr. McMahon challenged Trump to a “Battle of the Billionaires” at WrestleMania 23 with the stipulation that the loser of the bout would have their his head shaved bald.

A record number of viewers tuned in to watch The Donald back Bobby Lashley to victory over Mr. McMahon’s Umaga and subsequently shave the WWE Chairman’s signature mane in the center of the ring.

The business magnates locked horns again in June 2009 when Trump purchased Monday Night Raw and immediately announced that next week’s show would air commercial-free and that every WWE fan that who purchased a ticket would be given a full refund. The trademark Trump public relations flourish nearly made Mr. McMahon’s head explode and forced him to buy his show back from The Donald for twice the price.

Following this on-screen rivalry with WWE's Chairman, Trump focused beyond his ever-expanding real estate empire and Emmy-nominated reality television show “The Apprentice,” embracing the world of American politics.

After trading in his favorite television catchphrase “You’re fired!” for a national promise to “Make America Great Again,” Donald Trump won his first presidential campaign against key contender Hillary Clinton and officially took the oath of office on Jan. 20, 2017, to become the 45th President of the United States — the first time in history a WWE Hall of Famer would ever hold the distinguished title of U.S. Commander-in-Chief.

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/donald-trump

Welp!

Kaladin

Time to upgrade the Million Dollar Championship and have the Inaugural Trump Invitational Billion Dollar Championship Tournament.

Roman using the spear as a finisher is fine. It's much much better than Edge spear.

It's the Superman punch that looks weird. But I assume it's because they want kids to love him.

Top Bottom