• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Sephzilla

The mid-match commercial breaks WWE does are the fucking worst. Imagine if we reached the fourth quarter of an NFL game and they went to commercial mid-play of a potential game-winning drive.

Kaladin

The mid-match commercial breaks WWE does are the fucking worst. Imagine if we reached the fourth quarter of an NFL game and they went to commercial mid-play of a potential game-winning drive.

Last I was watching they were almost as bad. They didn't go to commercial mid-play, but they went every other play.

Pikma

Banned
Have Rusev be number one and have the first three or four entrants be jobbers. In between eliminations he goes 2010 CM Punk rumble and talks on the mic, shouting about how America sucks and no one from there can eliminate him.

Then that iconic theme hits.
You mean Angle? He already said he isn't wrestling at the Rumble, he said they've only approached him for the HoF so far

Mahonay

Banned
Got my new cut and looking like I'm ready to be another WWE UK Tournament entrant
uPAQ4il.jpg

Don't know what the fuck is going on with my camera. Looks like shit.

You mean Angle? He already said he isn't wrestling at the Rumble, he said they've only approached him for the HoF so far
That's what he wants you to think!

Honestly, I can't see Angle wrestling. Vince is crazy but I think even he doesn't want to risk Kurt dying in the ring. At most I see maybe a spot where he gets someone in the Angle Lock.

Kaladin

The NHL and the NBA apply more to this though since literally half the damn league is made into the playoffs - which usually means teams with losing records get in.

MLB plays 162 games a year before the playoffs. Wins and losses don't matter till you get to August and September. The only thing the first half of the season does is weed out the really really bad teams. I'm looking at you 2016 Braves.

Sephzilla

MLB plays 162 games a year before the playoffs. Wins and losses don't matter till you get to August and September. The only thing the first half of the season does is weed out the really really bad teams. I'm looking at you 2016 Braves.

but this implies that wins matter

Kaladin

The Wrestlemania AXXESS VIP Signing schedule is as follows:

PREMIUM VIP SIGNINGS

Thursday 3/30 at 8 PM - Randy Orton

Friday 3/31 at 7 PM - Seth Rollins.

Saturday 4/1 at 10 AM - Roman Reigns.

Saturday 4/1 at 1 PM - AJ Styles.

Saturday 4/1 at 3 PM - Dean Ambrose.

Sunday 4/2 at 8 AM - Kurt Angle

VIP SIGNINGS:

Thursday 3/30 at 6 PM - Sasha Banks

Thursday 3/30 at 8 PM - Enzo Amore & Big Cass.

Friday 3/31 at 5 PM - Shinsuke Nakamura.

Saturday 4/1 at 8 AM - Samoa Joe.

Saturday 4/1 at 10 AM - Nikki Bella.

Saturday 4/1 at 1 PM - Chris Jericho.

Saturday 4/1 at 6 PM - Bray Wyatt.

Saturday 4/1 at 8 PM - Bayley.

Sunday 4/2 at 10 AM - Edge.

Browny

Banned
Tell me more.
Ha ha - it's the one American sport I could never get into. I spent much of my formative years watching American Football and ice hockey, and played a fair amount of basketball.

When I was living on my own and my insomnia kicked in, I would find myself heading downstairs to watch whatever was on TV at 3 in the morning. Which was normally baseball. Never could get to grips with the stats and whatnot.

Lothar

Banned
Do you think there's any chance for the Rumble Rumble to not have a disappointing end this year? For three years in a row, they picked the absolute worst person to win. Batista, Reigns, HHH. You would think after doing the dumb thing twice, they would make up for it on the third time. They didn't. Maybe they'll make up for the last three years this year.

Lesnar, Goldberg, and Undertaker would all be disappointing because they're part timers, and in the case of Goldberg and Undertaker way the hell past their prime part timers.

If you treat WWE as a normal TV show then it like the worst show on TV

Yeah, imagine if Walt and Hank from Breaking Bad were face to face with each other looking angry and then the show just ended. Has any good show ever done that? I doubt it.

Pikma

Banned
The Wrestlemania AXXESS VIP Signing schedule is as follows:

PREMIUM VIP SIGNINGS

Thursday 3/30 at 8 PM - Randy Orton

Friday 3/31 at 7 PM - Seth Rollins.

Saturday 4/1 at 10 AM - Roman Reigns.

Saturday 4/1 at 1 PM - AJ Styles.

Saturday 4/1 at 3 PM - Dean Ambrose.

Sunday 4/2 at 8 AM - Kurt Angle

VIP SIGNINGS:

Thursday 3/30 at 6 PM - Sasha Banks

Thursday 3/30 at 8 PM - Enzo Amore & Big Cass.

Friday 3/31 at 5 PM - Shinsuke Nakamura.

Saturday 4/1 at 8 AM - Samoa Joe.

Saturday 4/1 at 10 AM - Nikki Bella.

Saturday 4/1 at 1 PM - Chris Jericho.

Saturday 4/1 at 6 PM - Bray Wyatt.

Saturday 4/1 at 8 PM - Bayley.

Sunday 4/2 at 10 AM - Edge.
No Miz? What the fuck?

Just giving Zach some heat for our match at WrassleGAFMania, brothers. Needs to mean something when I drop the leg on him for the 1-2-3, dudes.

somedevil

Raw Viewership for 1/23:

8pm: 3.309
9pm: 3.457
10pm: 3.111

Avg: 3.292

Lost 340,000 for the 3rd hour. Probably would of helped to advertise Brock was there as well to help try to keep the viewers.

PS: Capcom frustrates me. You put out a demo for Resident evil 7 for pc and realize it has a problem and then put a patch to fix it. So when the full game comes out today the same problem exists when they knew about for weeks. Great job.

Kaladin

Raw Viewership for 1/23:

8pm: 3.309
9pm: 3.457
10pm: 3.111

Avg: 3.292

Lost 340,000 for the 3rd hour. Probably would of helped to advertise Brock was there as well to help try to keep the viewers.

PS: Capcom frustrates me. You put out a demo for Resident evil 7 for pc and realize it has a problem and then put a patch to fix it. So when the full game comes out today the same problem exists when they knew about for weeks. Great job.

I think they did advertise Brock would be there at some point either last week or on social media, but they surely never mentioned it on air during the show.

Zach

Just giving Zach some heat for our match at WrassleGAFMania, brothers. Needs to mean something when I drop the leg on him for the 1-2-3, dudes.

I'm not afraid to do the job. For the right guy. You're not that man boy, OwensIsNow.

Zach, you know what happens to Grammar Nazis on NeoGaf? You know what happens?

YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!

I prefer Grammar Helper.

Anyone else just feel that temperature drop?

Oh, it's just the OwensIsNow/Zach feud back on my computer screen. 'Cause they've got no heat, daddeh.

#BloodRunsCold

imBask

Banned
again, advertising Brock might've helped yes, but advertising your surprise return is a stupid band-aid on the actual problem

MAKE THE SHOW GOOD AND PEOPLE WILL WATCH IT

Anyone listen to the second part of Austin's podcast with Eric Embry? Holy shit. They have a big discussion of blading, but then a long talk about Puerto Rico and Bruiser Brody getting killed. Just insane stuff.

Top Bottom